Profile for Bri > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Lexar USB Multi Media/SD Card Reader
Lexar USB Multi Media/SD Card Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget., 3 Mar 2004
Installation for this device was a breeze. I'm currently running windows xp professional and the minute i connected this device to my usb port it was instantly detected but the best bit, it doesn't even need drivers with xp as it's recognised as a removable disk. I have a digital camera with an sd card in it, a digital camcorder with an mmc card in it, and a nokia 3650 camera phone also with an mmc card in it so this card reader was a godsend as it saves having all these different cables to connect and disconnect every time, it also saves on batteries :) It's fast and very efficient, what more could you want?

Norton Internet Security 2004 (AntiVirus, Firewall, AntiSpam, Privacy, Parental Control)

5.0 out of 5 stars Give great peace of mind, 3 Mar 2004
Well i don't get it. I just can't get my head around why some people gave NIS 2004 such bad reviews. I've just recently invested in a new PC, just modest really, nothing flash (athlon xp 2400+, 120gb hdd,56k modem, 512mb ram) with windows xp pro installed and i thought i'd better get some decent security software. I knew symantec's norton software was reputable so i thought i'd get the most up to date version of NIS that is currently available, so without getting any information on it at all i decided to get NIS 2004. What can i say? installation couldn't have been simpler. Since installing it over 4 months ago i haven't reported a single problem, i've noticed a massive reduction in the amount of ads i've been getting on the net, it's even stopped a few attacks as well and the anti-spam filter is spot on. The best bit though, it does all this and i can happily say that i haven't noticed even the slightest hint of it slowing my system down, i even keep it running when playing processor and memory intensive games like X2 and it still runs perfectly. Overall, not a bad thing to say about it, it's been running great and not a single conflict with any of my software or hardware.

3D Prophet 9800 Pro
3D Prophet 9800 Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars class card, 12 Feb 2004
I bought this card after a lot of deliberating for a long time, do i go for a geforce 4 or plump for nvidia's nearest rival and get a radeon? Well i'm pleased to say i made the right choice, my old card was a geforce 2 based card and really, performance was pretty dire. It was a breeze to install, caused me no problems at all, was done in a matter of minutes. I have to say, performance is the best i've ever seen in a graphics card. It's fair to say i don't have the best machine in the world (athlon xp 2400+, 256mb RAM, soon to be upgraded to 512MB) but it's been great, i tried all the demo's and everything was as smooth and as detailed as you'd like, i haven't yet tried the game bundled with it, but i'm sure that too will be spot on. I've only had it a matter of hours but i'm pleased to say that it's the best card available right now, and probably will be for some time, if you've got 300 to spare you could do a lot worse, you get this card, you'll be at the cutting edge of PC graphics and you'll never look back. One word of advice though, if you've got a psu that's anything less than 300 watts, it's time for an upgrade.

JVC GR-DV700 Digital Camcorder [Mini-DV 10xOptical DV-in/out]
JVC GR-DV700 Digital Camcorder [Mini-DV 10xOptical DV-in/out]

5.0 out of 5 stars Novice Photographer, 21 Jan 2004
I've just recently bought this camcorder, me and my gf were shopping around for days on end looking for the best for our money, i must admit i did go a bit over budget with this one, but it was worth every penny of it!! Everything from it's styling to it's features is spot on, i consider this to be a bargain. The only let down being that u don't get a tape or firewire cable, but like the reviewer above, i bought the pinnacle studio pack which comes complete with everything needed to get going. I have to admit, i know nothing about camcorders, my gf is the expert but within minutes i was up and running and already i've created my first movie and put it onto disc. It's so easy to use and the battery life is commendable. Overall i definitely don't regret going over budget. It may not be the most expensive cam out there but it sure is excellent value for money. Go order it now!! :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4