Profile for Caz > Reviews

Faith
Faith
Offered by steelwheels

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly expressive, 6 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Faith (Audio CD)
There are a finite number of similies for 'brilliant' and 'expresive', and I daresay they've all been used to describe this album by The Cure in some form or another. I'd almost forgotten how good they were until I heard this again; it's feel-good music. Perfect for falling asleep to, not because it's so dull it has a soporific effect, but because the music is so charmingly soothing it's difficult not to. It's layered and textured and achingly beautiful. And typically, I think it's much more about the music than the lyrics.

Beautiful Freak
Beautiful Freak
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Buy It!, 6 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Beautiful Freak (Audio CD)
No, they're not paying me to advertise them. It would be nice, of course, but I digress.
About the album... got it on an impulse buy after hearing a friend sing their praises. Being a fan of classic rock and death metal, the unrepentant quirkiness of the music was a bit of a shock at first. But you can tell what's good music even if it doesn't immediately appeal to personal taste. And either way, it soon did, as I got desensitised to the fact that I was listening to what could easily be defined as pop, and liking it. Style of music regardless, there are some awesome songs on that album; personal favourites are Rags to Rags, Beautiful Freak and Not Ready Yet. Beautiful melodies and intelligent lyrics. What more could you want?