Profile for Keith J. Lambert > Reviews

Content by Keith J. Lambert

Keith J. Lambert "zephead5" (Lytham St Annes, Lancs, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2
Laurel and Hardy: Their Lives And Magic (english language) - Director´s Cut - Special Limited Collector´s Edition - 2 DVD-Box with 5 exklusive Collectors-Postcards - DVD - 2012
Dvd ~ Oliver Hardy Stan Laurel

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For All L&H Fans!, 29 July 2014
An excellent DVD and faultless service, thanks!

AV-Link 128.234 3-Way Input Expander
AV-Link 128.234 3-Way Input Expander
Offered by Direct Discount

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Jun 2014
A brilliant little piece of kit and just what I was after to alternately feed both my Blu-Ray player and SACD player into the same amplifier.

Wireless DoorBell Chime 100M Range 36 Sound Door Bell By CKB Ltd
Wireless DoorBell Chime 100M Range 36 Sound Door Bell By CKB Ltd
Offered by CKB LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars I guess it's a classic case of 'you get what you pay for'!, 23 Jun 2014
I guess it's a case of 'you get what you pay for'. The batteries drained twice in a couple of days.

Retro Formula 1 Historic Hesketh Racing Grand Prix 100% Cotton T-Shirt Medium
Retro Formula 1 Historic Hesketh Racing Grand Prix 100% Cotton T-Shirt Medium
Offered by Retro GP

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Shirt!!!!, 13 May 2014
This shirt really exceeded my expectations. It's great quality and the printing is excellent; I particularly like the attention to detail on the sleeves.

I am about to visit the store again to check out some other designs.

Many Thanks!

Fun On Earth
Fun On Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars And in tiger skin trousers...Mr Roger Taylor!!!!!, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Fun On Earth (Audio CD)
Old time QUEEN fan...year dot.

I adored 'Fun In Space' when I was a lost adolescent and it still ticks all the boxes today. I still play my old vinyl and take myself back......

I have to admit that I hadn't yet grabbed the moment to listen to FOE and it was only after playing FIS on my iTunes whilst working on my PC that RT's new album came on. It made me sit bolt upright in my chair. What an eclectic mix. All of the numbers on this album are absolutely superb. Anyone that loves and enjoys the 'Taylor' tracks on their favourite Queen albums will appreciate this in the blink of an eye.

You old dog!

I F-IN LoVe iT!!!!!!

Close To The Edge
Close To The Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars SUBLIME!!!, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Close To The Edge (Blu-ray)
What a *terrific* piece of art by SW. The surround mix has been treated with the utmost respect for CTTE and has been put together beautifully. I couldn't have asked for more. Finally, I love the overall presentation of this set right down to the BD menus and visuals which complement the music so well.

I'd love to see 'The Yes Album' and/or 'Relayer' given the same treatment. 'Fragile' is probably the obvious candidate but we already have the DVD-A........

Performance: Rockin' The Filmore - The Complete Recordings
Performance: Rockin' The Filmore - The Complete Recordings

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW.....what a tasty mouthfull of vintage Pie!, 31 Oct 2013
I've said a few times that I prefer the Winterland 1973 set to 'Rockin' but for any Pie fan and for those who are seeking an introduction to what this band were all about in a live environment, this is IT!!!!

Listening to the four sets (at high volume if you please), this box set is a perfect representation of a hungry Humble Pie selling their wares to a gobsmacked NYC audience in the finest of style.

The quality of the performances (Rock On!) and the sound of this set leave nothing to be desired; this is a hard working band portrayed in one of its finest hours. If you listen to the discs in order, it's like witnessing the mighty HP playing out the weekend and having an absolute ball (or gas!).

The sound quality is absolutely superb but if you already own the original vinyl, you shouldn't think twice about picking this up. What a job! Surely one of THE best releases of 2013 and the decade to boot.

Are you ready?!?!? Thanks to the guys from 'us fans' for making this possible and to Omnivore for creating such a terrific release.....Exquisite!

Live On The King Biscuit Flower Hour
Live On The King Biscuit Flower Hour

5.0 out of 5 stars The World's Finest.....Humble Pie!, 28 Oct 2013
This is another re-issue of the KBFH set but well worth investing in should you not already own any of the previous releases and want to hear some prime live Pie. I personally prefer it to 'Rockin The Fillmore'; the band are on fire and the energy levels are peaking off the scale! Great guitar sound on this set and of course Steve's stratospheric vocals are present at their absolute best.

I know for a fact that there are more numbers on tape from these shows but I'm not sure what the legalities are with regard to getting them released. This should really be given the deluxe treatment and be a least a double set. I hope that one day, a deluxe edition may become a reality.

In the meantime, we have the new and expanded Rockin The Fillmore box set to enjoy which I'm sure will be stunning!

Hot 'N' Nasty - Rockin' The Winterland
Hot 'N' Nasty - Rockin' The Winterland
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stonking!, 9 Jan 2013
This is one of my favourite live albums ever, it captures The Pie's performance and live sound so well.

Jerry Shirley mentions in his book that both 1973 Winterland shows were recorded. There are many ommisions from the set/s on the various releases of this show. Glen Robinson who mixed and mastered the King Biscuit release kindly provided me with the following information;

*****

"There were more songs, due to CD length we put that set together, very long jams, it really should have been a 2 CD set. I do not remember the set list, I think there was 2 shows but not sure since it was so long ago(not sure if we had all the tapes). King biscuit have so many tapes, around 16,000 and some go missing or were never put in storage. So maybe a reel or 2 from HP where not available.

The show was recorded on 16 track 2 inch tape, I baked them in my oven for 8 hours because they would not play on the machine due to age and needed to be dried. I then transfered them to 24 track tape, put them in a big bag and flew to Germany to produce a band and mix Humble Pie, I was pretty blown away by the recording : amazing guitar tone, great crowd, epic vocals = the real deal."

*****

I hope and pray that the tapes from both nights may one day be found, put in the correct running order and released as a 'deluxe' edition. What a set that would be!

Rock On.

Highlander - Immortal Edition (Limited Edition Steel Tin - 2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christopher Lambert

1.0 out of 5 stars Immortal? You must be joking......., 13 Mar 2007
Being one of my all-time favourite films and ground breaking when it was released in the mid-1980's, I was excited when I saw this re-issue of Highlander which looked very promising on the surface. Sadly, it is the epitomy of a lost opportunity and I urge you to avoid it!

After taking the plunge and ordering this 2-DVD set in it's attractive metal tin, I was immensely disappointed when it arrived. As per the previous DVD issue, the soundtrack is still in bog standard Dolby Stereo. I would have liked to have seen a 5.1 re-mix which would have been especially impressive during some of the action scenes and would also have complemented the superb Queen soundtrack no end.

In addition, a noticeable special effects error near to the end of the film is still more than apparent. For those who haven't noticed it, I won't draw your attention to it; for those who have, you will know what I am referring to! In fact, I think it is even more obvious in this new edition and for me, has always spoilt what is otherwise an incredible film. I am sure that this could be easily 'removed' and allowed the film the finale that it rightly deserves.

I understand that a recent acquisition has taken place, joining Optimum Releasing and Studio Canal together. I fear that this edition of Highlander has been hurriedly released and is a blatant 'cash in' using only the outer packaging and an added documentary as bait. It is certainly not an 'Immortal' Edition and my copy is going straight back for a refund.

PLEASE give this film the release it deserves!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2009 8:58 PM GMT