Profile for Mr. Paul D. Watson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Paul D. Watson

Mr. Paul D. Watson "drunkenmonkey" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Bosch TWK86103GB Styline Sensor Kettle, 1.5 L - Black
Bosch TWK86103GB Styline Sensor Kettle, 1.5 L - Black
Offered by Atlantic Electrics Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, Functional and makes good tea at 90 degrees with no steam and no leaks., 15 Jun. 2016
Reason I bought this kettle is because I wanted it placed near a large TV in my kitchen and I was worried about a steamy kettle near it. At 90 degrees, there’s no steam so job done.

I’ve now had it for about 6 Months and it’s robust and stylish.
The lid flips right back making it easy to fill.
Boils quickly.
It’s cool to the touch once boiled.
And as I mentioned before, the temperature control is very useful and it make great cups of tea at 90 degrees Celcius.

I have seen reports of leaks from other reviewers but I have shopped around and you’ll find nearly all kettles on Amazon have negative leak reviews so don’t be put off by that in my opinion.

GBPro Window (Squeegee) Stainless Steel Wiper with blade 25cm (10")
GBPro Window (Squeegee) Stainless Steel Wiper with blade 25cm (10")
Offered by Green Bear UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Squeegee I’ve ever used, I feel like a real window cleaner., 15 Jun. 2016
I’ve always wanted one of these as a kid. No idea why, I think it’s the side to side swipe action they use, so I’m very happy with this.
Sometimes with these products the rubber isn’t quite right and it leaves streaks. This however makes a perfect contact with the glass and leaves it gleaming and dry with each swipe.
While using it I found it advisable to have a cloth at hand to dry the blade between swipes to avoid putting it back on the glass. Tip for a novice there.

Maxforce LN Indoor/Outdoor Ant Bait Station
Maxforce LN Indoor/Outdoor Ant Bait Station
Offered by Sales Direct Online

5.0 out of 5 stars I was sceptical but this really works! No more ants, 15 Jun. 2016
I was sceptical but this really works.
Had a big black ants nest under my patio and ants trooping in the house. Placed this outside the patio door and literally within a day they’d gone. So it works outside.
I have no idea how long it lasts but it’s been about a Month now and I still haven’t seen an ant. Pretty remarkable and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

1kg Just Grass Seed covers 35 sqm, Premium quality seed, Fast growing & Hard wearing lawn seed, Tailored to UK climate, 50% Amenity Ryegrass & 50% Red Fescue from GBW Capital, #1 Best Seller
Offered by GBW Capital

5.0 out of 5 stars Grows thick and fast., 15 Jun. 2016
I’ve tried a lot of grass seeds on my lawn and I’ve got to say, this is some of the best I’ve used.

Used a seed spreader to put an even layer down.
Then covered with a thin layer of top soil.
Weather conditions have been ideal with warm temperatures and plenty of rain but started to get growth in 5 days! And after just 8 it’s at least 3 inches high. Seems to grow super fast.

I haven’t seen how well it lasts over years yet, some grass will die back in my experience, but for instant results I haven’t used better.

HG Mould Spray
HG Mould Spray

5.0 out of 5 stars Works brilliantly but do not get it on fabrics., 15 Jun. 2016
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
This spray works brilliantly. I bought it somewhere else which was more expensive than this item (currently at about £6 on the high street).

Had mould on the inside of my bathroom window due to poor ventilation. Sprayed this on and within minutes, like magic, it had disappeared and now with good ventilation it’s never returned.
Used it on my grout which had just got grubby through the years and that’s now sparkling white.
Now I often use it around the shower tray to remove any grime and lime scale build up as you literally just spray it on, leave it and wipe it down.

BE WARNED: It stinks of harsh bleach. Ensure you ventilate the room well and do NOT get it on any fabric. It turned the bottom of my black socks almost white.

Solar Mosaic Border Garden Post Lights (6 Pack)
Solar Mosaic Border Garden Post Lights (6 Pack)
Offered by DWD UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Working after a few Months, 4 May 2016
As many reviews say, they stopped working after about 4 Months. Not giving 1 star as they did work and we'll and are cheapish but don't expect them to last. I'm going to buy elsewhere now.

Casio F-91WC-3AEF Digital Watch with Green Resin Strap
Casio F-91WC-3AEF Digital Watch with Green Resin Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware the Colour in picture is misleading. It's a far brighter green., 26 Feb. 2016
Great little watch. Does what a digital watch should do. Just 2 grumbles though.

The colour of the product in the Amazon photo is wrong. The green is far brighter.
The same button to scroll through the watches functions is also the button to adjust the time. So you cycle through to stopwatch etc and when you return to the time it’s flashing for you to adjust it. OK, press it once more and it sets it but it just seems like a weird design.

Otherwise, all good and contrary to some reviews, this totally appears to be a genuine Casio and not a fake.

Excelvan Newest Handheld Laser Distance Meter with Bubble Level Rangefinder Range Finder Tape measure 0.05 to 40m (0.16 to 131ft) Large LCD with Backlight - Black&Yellow
Offered by Oxford Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and fast accurate measurements, 26 Feb. 2016
Haven't used this that much so far but it's so easy and appears to be pretty accurate.
The laser is bright and works indoor and outdoor in bright light. I imagined it would be slightly fiddly to get a reading unless it was dead level for the laser to bounce back but it doesn't making it quick and easy to use.
You can set where on the Meter you want to take the reading from (back, middle or front of the unit) so you can be really accurate.

Just generally a Great bit of kit.

Logitech Z200 Speaker - Snow White
Logitech Z200 Speaker - Snow White

3.0 out of 5 stars Audible Hum / Buzz when powered up, 26 Feb. 2016
When powered up these speakers have a clear audible hum / buzz when the volume is half or higher. This continues even when they’re not plugged into a sound source so I suspect it’s power feedback. It’s pretty annoying.

I own other sets of Logitech Speakers none of which have this issue. I even swapped out these speakers with existing ones and the hum persisted so it’s definitely the speakers and not the setup.

I returned them and Amazon were superfast with a replacement but the problem persisted.

As it goes, the sound is quite good and they work perfectly fine with my Samsung TV but I have to turn them right down when the TV is off.

1byone Recordable Touch Control Wireless Doorbell with 100 Meters Range, Perfect for Recording or Downloading Your Own Favorite Songs

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Product same as lots of other reviews, 13 Jan. 2016
Received this as a Christmas present and returning it for the same reason as lots of others.

The unit will start randomly bleeping and switching tunes until I pop out the batteries to reset it. Happens about once or twice a week.

Not fit for purpose so returning it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8