Profile for LC > Reviews

Content by LC

LC

A Regular Couple (From The Atlantic Archives)
A Regular Couple (From The Atlantic Archives)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick little read, 17 Oct. 2013
I came to this after reading 'Prep' - which I loved - and this isn't entirely unsimilar in that it's a tale of people and their internal worlds as opposed to great 'events'. I really enjoy Sittenfeld's writing, characterisations and observations of human behaviour.

900G Top Quality ECO Soy Soya Wax Candle Making. For Containers. Flaked
900G Top Quality ECO Soy Soya Wax Candle Making. For Containers. Flaked
Offered by Sco Logic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great service, 17 Oct. 2013
I'm just starting out making candles and other crafts, and this was a great, convenient way to start. Well priced, delivered quickly and so easy to use flaked wax. I prefer using soy because it's more eco-friendly, it burns v-e-r-y slowly and - apparently - holds scent better, though my experiments using essential oils to scent haven't been that sucessful. Nonetheless, the wax is a lovely colour, very smooth and a great place to start as a candle making beginner. Thanks!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2014 5:22 PM GMT

Me Before You
Me Before You

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful, detailed and emotional, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Me Before You (Kindle Edition)
I was recommended this book by my mum, who had really enjoyed it. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, if it would just be another chick-lit read, but I really enjoyed it! The subject matter is challenging, and I really enjoyed Moyes' attention to detail and storytelling. Yes this is a love story, yes this is a 'realising who you are' story that to some degree follows all the usual paths you'd expect, but there is real emotion to experience in the characters, and Moyes' story telling whips it along very nicely. I really enjoyed it and would recommend giving it a go. Easy to read, lovely engaging characters and quite thought-provoking. A 'Beauty and The Beast' tale with a twist.

Set Of 4 Mini Thai Buddha Ornament Figurines
Set Of 4 Mini Thai Buddha Ornament Figurines
Offered by Blue Whale Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, detailed figurines, 25 Sept. 2013
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from these figurines, but they are so sweet and detailed. I'm really pleased with them and will be ordering more!

5 Metres Wedo ECO Candle Making Wick. High Quality. + 50 Sustainers - ECO 16
5 Metres Wedo ECO Candle Making Wick. High Quality. + 50 Sustainers - ECO 16
Offered by WWS-Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, great product, 25 Sept. 2013
Fast delivery, good value and great product. I would recommend this to anyone interested in crafts and candle making! It's easy and really fun :)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Really pretty dress!, 15 Sept. 2012
I love this dress! Fits perfectly and looks fantastic on. Only thing would be to note that it is very long and I had to take it up a little (I'm 5'4"). I'm quite petite so usually find maxi-dresses swamp me a bit, but this looks great, had lots of compliments and feel lovely wearing it.

The Art of Fielding
The Art of Fielding
by Chad Harbach

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Art of Fielding (Paperback)
I absolutely adored this book - despite knowing nothing about baseball. Beautifully written charaters I wanted to follow and follow. I am bereft now I've finished it! Don't hesitate - this is not a 'sports novel', it's a story about people, friendship and growing up. I am rarely compelled to review on Amazon, but for this I felt I had to.

Airwave 2.5x2.5mtr Pop Up Waterproof Gazebo in Blue with 2 WindBars and 4 Leg Weight Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for parties!, 24 Jun. 2012
This gazebo was PERFECT for my garden party this weekend, especially with the great british summer weather! Really made the party special as a perfect cocktail tent. Easy to put up (side panels are a bit of a stretch to fit), but even on a breezey, slightly rainy day it stayed up and sound all day and night. Sure we'll use it again and again. Great product for the price.