Profile for Berniebob > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
David Niven: The Man Behind the Balloon
David Niven: The Man Behind the Balloon

3.0 out of 5 stars Celebrities - how can they get away with it !, 16 Jan. 2015
A reasonably interesting read but as another reviewer has stated it is very much a re-working of 'A Moon's a Baloon'.
It did appear that the author has a tendency to repeat or at least labour various themes and one did want him to 'get on with it'
The book would have been more enjoyable if it had been condensed into half the size.
Having said that it is always interesting to see how the so called 'big screen' celebrities have been so indulged and continue to be.
Celebrity status is a strange phenomenon and one that I do not understand.
It would be interesting to see how anyone 'normal' could get away with the behaviour we see in the idols of yesteryear or of today.
It is an interesting reflection on us all I guess.
A good read but it has all been covered in Nivens books previously - mainly.

HP Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 2550 2550L 2550n 2550Ln 2820 2840 OPC Imaging Drum Reset Chip Q3964A By Cartrite

5.0 out of 5 stars That was a bit of a disaster as the quality was poor with ghosting of the previous page coming through - ..., 28 Sept. 2014
After deciding I did not want to pay another £100 plus for an HP Imaging drum (and it doesn't seem that far back that I had already had to replace it) I went for a re-manufactured unit also advertised on Amazon.
That was a bit of a disaster as the quality was poor with ghosting of the previous page coming through - won't make that mistake again.
While waiting for the merchant to agree to a refund I came across this chip being advertised and thought I would give it a go.
Fitting is so, so easy - just peel off the existing chip adhered with a bit of double stick, peel off the backing paper to the new chip and place where the old one came off. As easy as that !
Image is as good as before and all for around £7. Have been using it now for around a month in the office and so far so good.
When this drum finally goes I will probably then by a new HP drum - and a chip again once that runs out.
Brilliant !!

2 units X Genuine Samsung Water Filter (DA29-10105J)
2 units X Genuine Samsung Water Filter (DA29-10105J)
Offered by filter-discount

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 29 Aug. 2014
As described on the box - why so expensive though ?

RYA European Waterways Regulations: The CEVNI Rules Explained
RYA European Waterways Regulations: The CEVNI Rules Explained
by Tam Murrell

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but not a great read, 29 Aug. 2014
Good book but not a great read.
It is what it is.
If you are using the European Waterways you need this

Mascagni: Cavalleria Rusticana
Mascagni: Cavalleria Rusticana
Offered by zoreno-uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Hated it it but probably because I thought I would ..., 29 Aug. 2014
Hated it it but probably because I thought I would be hearing more of the Cavalleria Rusticana that I know and love from various classical compilations and hearing on Classic FM. My mistake through my own ignorance

If you enjoy operatics then this could be your thing

Map Inland Waterways of France

The European Waterways: A User's Guide
The European Waterways: A User's Guide
by Marian Martin

4.0 out of 5 stars It is OK, I wonder if a little dated ..., 29 Aug. 2014
It is OK, I wonder if a little dated now. But for the money and to add to the general collection of books on the European waterways it is worth having

Vanish Oxi Action 2 in 1 Magnets 6x5 per pack
Vanish Oxi Action 2 in 1 Magnets 6x5 per pack
Offered by Emaan Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 Aug. 2014
Does what it says on the packet

Cruising the Inland Waterways of France & Belgium (17th Edition)
Cruising the Inland Waterways of France & Belgium (17th Edition)
by Brenda Davison

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 29 Aug. 2014
An easy reference. Worth the money

The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope, Book 2)
The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ben Hope, the new hero, 29 Aug. 2014
I have read a couple of Scott Mariani books now and have to say they are pretty good.
A fairly typical style of adventure comparable to maybe a Jack Higgins read. Dare I say a little more modern though and up to date.
A great holiday read which is not to meant as a put down, it is just the style.
I will be getting more of Scott Mariani books for my Kindle, which is where I do most of my non fiction reading now.
Recommended