Profile for ECC > Reviews

Content by ECC

ECC

JBL OnBeat Micro Portable Speaker Dock with Lightning Connector and UK/EU Mains Adapter for iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 5th Generation and iPod Nano 7th Generation - Black
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product, waste of money., 7 Jun. 2014
Complete waste of money. Bought this to use with an iPod nano 7g. The product looks good and is a good compact size, and was easy to set up. For the first few minutes my ipod played ok on it and the sound was decent for the price, but after a couple of songs it just started to make a crackling sound while the music was playing (as if you were listening to a badly tuned radio station). I tried pausing and replaying, forwarding to the next song or going back a song, but found the only way to clear it was to undock the iPod and turn off the unit, then start again. This would have been ok if it was a one off, but this happens on a continual basis, after every 3-4 songs. To be honest I would have returned the product only for it would have cost me too much to post it back, and from researching, it doesn't appear that I received a faulty unit, it appears to be a common problem with this item. I suppose the lesson is that you get what you pay for really, and I would have given this no stars if I could have.

Cabbage Patch Kids - Styles Vary
Cabbage Patch Kids - Styles Vary
Offered by RnR World

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, 29 Jan. 2014
My daughter got one of these for Christmas (bought locally) and loved it, so when I saw these reduced on Amazon a couple of weeks ago, I ordered two. I was nervous about placing the order since you can't choose which you want, but for the price, I decided to take the chance. If we received one my daughter didn't like, I could always have given it as a present. As it turns out, we got two gorgeous dolls, one boy and one girl. I have to admit that if I walked into a shop to buy, I would never have bought a boy doll, but my daughter adores him. We got the blond boy with the striped jacket and blue tie from the second photo that's currently showing. We also got a beautiful red headed girl with green eyes, very like the doll in the box in the second photo. Both have the great Cabbage Patch smell and fantastic quality. Great service from Amazon as always too.

UPDATE Feb 2014: We were so pleased with the dolls we received, that my daughter wanted to give one to her cousin for her birthday which is next week. So I ordered another one, as well as a second doll to put away for my daughter's birthday in summer. They arrived today. When I opened the box, the first doll I took out was almost the same as one we received a few weeks ago, it had the same hair colour and style, and same dress, but different eye colour and face shape. Not a problem for us as we're giving it as a present anyway, but could have been disappointing if it was for us. I took the second doll out from the box, to see that it was an "I Am A Fairy" doll and not a Celebration Kid. I'm absolutely delighted with the doll, as I thought the "I Am A..." range were no longer available, and I know my little girl will be ecstatic to receive her. She has blond wavy hair and green eyes and freckles - very cute! Thanks again Amazon.