Profile for Alice > Reviews

Content by Alice

Alice

Three Plays: "Blithe Spirit", "Hay Fever", "Private Lives" (Vintage International)
by Noel Coward

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 for 1, 29 May 2011
Found this book great value for money. Three plays in one. If I bought this at a specialist outlet I would have had to buy the three plays separately and at much higher cost. I didnt know such books were printed!

Rucanor 1 Resistance Bands - Pink
Rucanor 1 Resistance Bands - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulling Power!, 5 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Rucanor Resistance Bands (Sports)
My pink Rucanor 1 resistance band arrived almost immediately. I had a go using the simple instructions and, lo and behold, I could do it. Just the right resistance for a beginner with limited pulling power! An excellent way to build up those muscles at home, and so, hopefully on to a stronger resistance band, and the next, and.....

A Writer's Diary: Being Extracts from the Diary of Virginia Woolf (Harvest Book)
by Virginia Woolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Ms Woolf, 25 Aug. 2009
Yes, well, I thought I should read this because it is about up-market literature, the Bloomsbury group and all that, and like Rita, I do need educating. I scribble a bit myself, journals/dairies/short jottings, but am not published.
I allowed myself to let go whilst reading this - always a good idea when reading authors with the stream of consciousness approach, and it was interesting in parts, like the curate's egg, but more from an historical point of view. Afraid to say I still cant get my head round her novels, many of which are mentioned in this diary. Watching the films Mrs Dalloway and Orlando have helped but I really do need a Virginia Woolf tutor, please. Glad I read it though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2010 10:47 PM BST