Profile for Angela > Reviews

BODUM TRAVEL MUG Stainless Steel Vacuum travel mug, 0.35 l, 12 oz - Purple
Offered by BBees Direct
Price: 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite thing, 10 Oct 2012
I needed something to keep my tea/coffee warm in between classes and on the school run and chose this. After three hours my tea was still warm, so take care as you could burn your lips unexpectedly. So it caters for my needs and looks nice in purple too. Just like my phone it has become a constant companion. I like that it has no handle and fits into the cup holder in my car. Bodum does say to keep it upright, so will leak if put into a bag, I turned it upside down over the sink and it did drip. However keep it upright and don't overfill and it's fine.

Kipling Firefly L N Large Backpack
Kipling Firefly L N Large Backpack

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat and tidy, 23 July 2012
I love Kipling bags and this is perfect for my needs. I wanted a bag for a few items for walking into town. It can fit my netbook if I wanted or purse, makeup, brolly or book/kindle. Also my iphone4 fits into phone compartment. I tried to put in an A4 notepad but it wouldn't zip up. As you would expect with Kipling it is of very good quality with a place for everything even a little clip on inside front compartment for keys. It also has the option to use as an over the shoulder bag which I like. I ordered it in expresso brown which looks very nice and will go with most things. The only reason I'm giving it a 4 star rating is that the word large in the description could be misleading. I would describe it as more medium sized and was glad that on looking at reviews for medium bag that I erred on side of caution and ordered the large one.

Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 4)
Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars How can they fit so much fun into one book?, 25 April 2010
Skulduggery Pleasant:Dark Days is the fourth book in Skulduggery Pleasant series. Dark Days starts off the second trilogy in the series. The book starts off with a bad guy Dreylan Scarab being released from prison and Valkyrie missing Skulduggery. But there's a bright side, because Valkyrie and gang have found the one item that will get skulduggery back, his skull. The owner of the skull is contacted by Valkyrie's new 'friend' Caelan. When they get there they realize the skull is a fake. Now they have to get the skull, get Skulduggery and stop some old villeins from destroying the Sanctuary before Sunday's big game.

This book is brilliant in all ways even the romantic bits! Valkyrie's having a bit of boy trouble(very funny).
We've got some new heroes, some new villeins and a lot of people who want revenge. This book is the best yet in the series. A ten-out-of-ten, hilarious, fast, pacey, action-packed book. Recommend for 12-15 year olds.

The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 3)
The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 3)
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars More brilliance from Derek Landy, 20 Feb 2010
Darker than the first two, "The Faceless Ones" is the best book, so far, in the nine book, three trilogy, Skulduggery Pleasant series.

It's dark from beginning to end in this one, as Skulduggery and Valkyrie try to track down the murderer of four Teleporters. Now fourteen, Valkyrie is having some difficulty with her reflection and a normal teenage life.
Accompanied by some new allies(one in particular than Valkyrie would like to strangle right now) and new villains, this book is exciting,trilling,funny and has one hell of a cliff-hanger.

Recommended for teenagers between 12-15. Ten out of Ten. Brilliant book.

Playing With Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 2)
Playing With Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars marvellous, 30 April 2008
I got the first book at Christmas.When I started it I could not stop!When I got the second book I finished it in four days.My favourite character
is Valkyrie Cain

High School Musical 2 Original Soundtrack
High School Musical 2 Original Soundtrack
Offered by MasterDVD
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice follow up, 30 Aug 2007
This album became the soundtrack of our summer holidays. I just put it on and everyone in the car was quiet or happily singing/humming along. The songs took a few plays to grow on the adults but kids(10yrs, 5yrs and 2yrs) loved it from the beginning. As an adult I could point out some flaws but it delivers to its audience and all of us are looking forward to sitting down to watch the new movie when it airs on disneyuk.

Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life
Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life
by Stephen Mitchell
Price: 7.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disapointing, 30 Aug 2007
Bought this book based on the high reviews it got. The main point of the book is that there is no need for suffering. It is all down to how you perceived events, just change how you think about things and all will be well. Just follow the dialogues and everyone in it has an aha moment at the end. Byron Katie turns all the participants thoughts back to themselves, for example you are not angry about what someone did to you but you are angry at yourself. Read the dialogue concerning childhood trauma and the conclusion drawn at the end for the person involved was frankly appalling. I would not recommend this book.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2012 5:26 PM BST