Profile for L. Wells > Reviews

Content by L. Wells

L. Wells "LWells" (Derbyshire England)

Thomson Top Up TV - 160GB Freeview Digital TV Recorder
Thomson Top Up TV - 160GB Freeview Digital TV Recorder

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish!, 15 Feb 2009
This is a complete and utter waste of money. In hindsight we should have sent it back after the first whiff of freezing we encountered in December 2007 when we purchased it. It constantly froze and would have to be unplugged at the socket to get it going again. It was totally unreliable for recording and I can't count the amount of times I missed programmes that I had wanted to watch due to this pile of rubbish. When we went on holiday we came home to find it had frozen on the first evening so had not recorded anything or downloaded any of that weeks Top Up TV which we stupidly paid for!
It has finally pegged it and totally crashed with lights aflashing this weekend (funnily enough, just after warranty ended just like the other review!) and we are searching for a better replacement on here.
In a nut shell DO NOT BUY THIS, IT IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.

Monsoon (The Courtneys of Africa)
Monsoon (The Courtneys of Africa)
by Wilbur Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!! Captivating!! I became addicted to this book., 14 Oct 2001
What a book, I became so engrossed in this that I found myself reading it in any spare moment I had.
I found myself almost living the emotions of Tom and Dorian Courtney, so brilliant is this tale told by the ever brilliant Wilbur Smith. Make sure you read Birds of prey first though.