Profile for PeterInGata > Reviews

PeterInGata (Spain)

The Hidden Cottage
The Hidden Cottage

2.0 out of 5 stars Why has the price gone up so much?, 31 Oct. 2014
I havent read it yet but I am a bit annoyed that the price a few days ago was £3.95 and now I come to order it the price is £4.94.
Update: My account now shows £4.80 has been charged. What is going on Amazon?

Veho VSS-006-360BT Portable 360 Bluetooth Speaker for iPhone/Phones/Laptops/Netbooks/Bluetooth devices
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 July 2013
Does just the job I wanted. Am using it to listen to music, radio programs etc my Android Pad to give much better quality and volume of sound. It is amazing small - and portable of course.

FoliX FX-Antireflex Screen Protection Film for Standard Display 15.6 Inch
FoliX FX-Antireflex Screen Protection Film for Standard Display 15.6 Inch
Offered by @FoliX GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars At last no reflections!, 7 July 2013
Delivered rapidly from Amazon.
I have been frustrated for several years since the only screens available on laptops are highly reflective. Except in very dark conditions, the screen was like a mirror reflecting me or any light source. Using this film means that I can see what is no the screen here on the Spanish Costas without eye tiring reflections. On a 15" screen I still have quite a few bubbles, especially on the side where I started to apply the film, but overall using my laptop is now a much more pleasant experience.

Parking Reversing Sensor Kit with 4 Sensors and Audio Buzzer in Black
Parking Reversing Sensor Kit with 4 Sensors and Audio Buzzer in Black
Offered by PARKINGSENSORONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 April 2011
Very prompt delivery. Took me a little while to work out the best way to get the cables through the bodywork so I am glad I didn't buy the dashboard mounted version. Coincidentally I had to remove the rear light cluster to replace a bulb, so I connected it to the reversing light there.
Been wanting this for years because the rear visibility on my car is terrible and reversing sensors weren't an option even at manufacturers prices. But these provide a cheap and worthwhile upgrade to the car spec. After a couple of weeks usage I find that they give me much more confidence when reversing especially with high kerbs, bollards , trees etc.

RTX DUALphone 3088 for Skype (No PC Required)
RTX DUALphone 3088 for Skype (No PC Required)

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best PC-Free phone for Skype, 6 May 2010
Pluses
* Easy to use
* Perfect for people who need a Skype phone but are confused about whether it would be a "real phone" (it is)
Minuses
* Sound quality not as good on Skype-to-Skype as my USB phone for some reason
* Limit of 200 contacts. Higher than some DECT phones but not mentioned in the spec.

Otherwise I am glad I am using it.

Book Of The Dead: Scarpetta 15
Book Of The Dead: Scarpetta 15
by Patricia Cornwell

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost the plot, 26 July 2008
Keen Patricia Cornwell aficionados might enjoy this book but for me she has lost the plot in every sense. The sadism is pointless and inexplicable, the characters have become wooden and about four fifths of the way through the book the plot became totally inexplicable. Personally I find the excessive use of technical terms in the text tiring - I know the computer terminology is off the mark and who would call their gardener a plant pathologist?