Profile for Sandy Watson > Reviews

Sandy Watson

VQ (Formerly View Quest) Retro Mini DAB+ Radio and Bluetooth Speaker - Red
VQ (Formerly View Quest) Retro Mini DAB+ Radio and Bluetooth Speaker - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of faults and problems, 6 Jan. 2015
Lovely looking product but a total disaster so far. We had to send the first one back because the buttons were faulty, second one just arrived and it keeps freezing up at various points. Have rebooted 7 or 8 times, thinking we've corrected it, only for the whole thing to freeze again.
Will return once more and hope for the best, but I'd advise anyone else to proceed with caution. Our daughter very upset with her duff Christmas present.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2015 9:26 AM GMT

Salter 9106 Glass Body Analyser Scale White
Salter 9106 Glass Body Analyser Scale White

1.0 out of 5 stars Absurdly inconsistent readings, 28 April 2010
Looks nice, seems very affordable, but it looks like you get what you pay for. Our own experience was that these scales are effectively useless. Readings varied widely from one minute to the next, the final straw coming when the scales managed to read my weight as 10st 9lb, then 30 seconds later as 11st 3lb, an eight pound variation. Maybe we were unlucky and got a rogue product, but I couldn't recommend these to anyone.

The New Spaniards (Penguin politics & political affairs)
The New Spaniards (Penguin politics & political affairs)
by John Hooper

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant book!, 7 Oct. 2004
Read 'The Spaniards' and loved it. Got 'The New Spaniards' when it came out and loved it too. A brilliantly readable insight into the modern history and culture of the most vibrant and exciting country in Europe. Cuts through all the stereotypes to provide an accurate portrait of the modern nation.
Time for the 'Even Newer Spaniards' Mr Hooper please.

Astonishing Splashes Of Colour
Astonishing Splashes Of Colour
by Clare Morrall

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 17 Dec. 2003
Every morning, without fail, I read my paper on the tube to work. I'm a news addict and this is normally one of the best parts of the day for me.
Today was the first time in my memory (and I've been taking the same tube for seven years) that I abandoned the newspaper in order to finish this book. I only started it yesterday morning but found it an utterly compelling read. Dark, disturbing, warm, humane, and peopled with beautifully drawn-out characters. They may not always be 100% believable, but you care for them deeply.
For me, this book is in a different class to Vernon God Little and I vastly preferred it.

Johnny Cash: The Man, His World, His Music [DVD]
Johnny Cash: The Man, His World, His Music [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Cash

5.0 out of 5 stars I disagree with your official review, 15 Oct. 2003
What a load of cobblers. The lack of narration lets the film breathe. It is full of superb moments, and the man's character really shines through the whole thing.
I bought it despite the Amazon review, and urge any Cash fan to do the same.

Eva Cassidy: Songbird: By Those Who Knew Her: Songbird - By Those Who Knew Her Authorised by Hugh and Barbara Cassidy
by Rob Burley

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars not enough!, 1 Oct. 2001
A rare and wonderful book that achieves the seemingly impossible - it actually brings Eva back to life. As you turn the pages, you can feel her spirit running through every paragraph and leaping off the page, straight into your erstwhile stony heart.
I never knew Eva Cassidy. Then again, who did?
She was a transient presence, a songbird released among us for an all too brief moment. A voice to move mountains, to take us to the end of rainbows... a voice that can take us there still.
Eva - wherever you are - here is a work that stands testament to you and your tragic, fragile, yet strangely beautiful life. As I read on, I knew for sure that, somewhere, anywhere, you are singing still...