ARRAY(0x104ff0c0)

HQ High Quality SCART Switch Box - Silver
HQ High Quality SCART Switch Box - Silver
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it should, 11 Feb 2014
I went for this - the priciest option I could see on Amazon - because cheaper versions had a lot of reviews saying they caused interference on sound and picture. This doesn't. Very simple to install and to switch between appliances. Got it for my elderly mother to keep her from fiddling with Scarts, and she's delighted. Arrived very fast.

Red Zip Sliders/booms for Boat/Sea Fishing x20 Per Pack
Red Zip Sliders/booms for Boat/Sea Fishing x20 Per Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars You're going to need a bigger hook, 21 Jan 2014
Great product for big hooks but smaller ones won't thread onto the clip. I'm not ambitious when I fish and use a lot of No1 hooks and they wouldn't go on these, even in various brands. Other than that, saves time and easy to use. Need beads or knots to stop travel on the line.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2014 12:14 AM GMT

Avantree Jogger Bluetooth sports Headset with Microphone water resistant, ideal for enjoying music from Mobile or computer, also for chatting, support: iPhone, iPod, BlackBerry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Palm, Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC, any other Bluetooth enable devices. - Black
Offered by Easy Bargain
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but range is small, 21 Jan 2014
Bought these for listening to music while be active and they do stay quite firmly in place, even though I have a tiny head! The sound quality is very nice, with the cunning earpieces feeding the music into the ear and blocking extraneous noise. My only complaint is that the range is even less than the 30ft stated. Leaving the room is enough to make them cut out and they don't just pick up again when you come back into range, but have to be switched off and then reconnected. Also, the instructions are for PCs and I'm using a Mac. It can be done but it was very fiddly to guess at how to set it up if you've never used a bluetooth device before. Someone less dogged could be forgiven for thinking they are faulty. Other than that very nice, although I do echo other reviewers' warnings about the blatant lobbying for good reviews. The company only offer a couple of dollars for a four or five-star review but I still think it's an unwelcome twist in the Feedback tail.

Lenovo A3000 7-inch Tablet (Black) - (Quad Core 1.2GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, GPS, 2x camera, Android 4.2)
Price: 121.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by an Apple devotee, 29 Dec 2013
I didn't want a tablet. I hate the idea of being a slave to my email and other technology, and am infuriated by people who play with their smartphones and iPads at dinner.

But because I occasionally travel for work, and I don't have a smartphone, I do sometimes feel the need for up to date travel information, answer that emergency email, or have the ability to book tickets online, without having to drag my laptop around with me.

As a staunch Apple fan the obvious choice was an iPad but there were two issues. The smallest iPad available was not as small as this 7" Idea, and was more than twice the price. For the limited use I wanted from the tablet (ie no 3G) I could not justify the extra expense of the iPad. However, I was still nervous at deserting Apple for the first time in my technolife, despite being reassured that Lenovo have a great reputation.

No worries - this little Idea is brilliant. For a start, the Android OS is obviously modelled on the Apple, so I worked out how everything happens very easily, without recourse to the manual.

The quality and simplicity is superb. The screen is bright and definition is very clear, and the system works intuitively, even for the uninitiated in the ways of tablets.

Basically I downloaded Firefox, and then easily added a slew of apps I know will be useful to me. It was also very simple to remove pre-installed apps I know I'll never use (games, office packages) to free some space. I ditched all the stuff I won't need, and added all the stuff I think I will, until now I basically have my Mac operating on a Lenovo tablet at a fraction of the price. Also got a great case with it that allows it to be propped up at an angle.

Having seen other reviews, I think I'll invest in a screen guard, but as a devoted Apple user, I can strongly recommend the Lenovo Idea as a completely usable and enjoyable alternative. If I'd known it was this good, I would have asked for one sooner!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2014 4:59 PM GMT

Pandigital PANSCN10 Handheld Wand Scanner with Motorised Feeder Dock and 1.8" Colour LCD
Offered by BigWhiteRabbit
Price: 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly smart, useful and simple., 29 Dec 2013
I've never used a scanner of any description before, but had this out of the box and working beautifully within minutes. the hand-held wand is a very useful tool for documents or research, but the feeder dock is truly amazing. I wanted to scan my old photos into digital form and spent a couple of relaxing, enjoyable afternoons sifting through them and doing just that. I use a Mac and - with the help of an SD card reader - the Pandigital had no problems connecting and being used by my iPhoto package. I did download the accompanying software but haven't used it. The quality is fantastic, and the scanning very smooth. I have had a couple of pix come out with a single line across it near the end, but this is easily retouched if necessary.

It took me a few goes to work out how to reduce editing time by getting the scanned image up the right way the first time, whether in portrait or landscape format. Basically, feed any photo or document into the scanner 'head first' and it will be correct.

Be aware that the hand-held wand must only be rolled across a source in ONE DIRECTION. This is not prominently displayed, but is apparently important. The rollers are very smooth and - even though I stopped and started once or twice, the scan remained steady and without flaws.

Highly recommended bit of kit and an amazing price.

Etch A Sketch
Etch A Sketch
Offered by Thinkprice
Price: 19.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Low-tech, hi-fun, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Etch A Sketch (Toy)
Bought this for my niece who is 10. She was delighted when she opened it and played with it immediately. Bit frustrating for a kid at first so best if someone more skilled can show them what's possible, so that they have something to aim for. Here's an example of what can be achieved by a master! [...]

Ding King Car Dent Repair Kit (596) Dent Repair Tool, no more costly dent repairs.
Offered by MicroMantis
Price: 7.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Does work, but beware paint-loss., 27 Dec 2013
Used this as a cheap way to repair a shallow dent about five inches by 4 in the top of my motorbike tank. Achieved close to perfection within about five 'pops'. Had read all the other reviews of the product and so was careful to load the face of the screwplate well with glue and to cover the four holes. Also, as the tension was taken up on the screw, I slowed right down to get maximum 'pull' before the screwplate popped off the surface and had to be cleaned and re-glued. The glue peels off the plate relatively easily and the whole job took only about 20 minutes. My only issues was that my kit did not contain three sizes of screwplate - rather than small, medium and large, I got two mediums and a large. This is why my dent was not completely cured - and also probably why the last two efforts resulted in paint loss on the surface of the tank. I was aware that it might and proceeded because the tank is being prepped for respraying anyway, but definitely something to be careful of. I tried to contact the seller so as to have this one tiny part sent to me, but Amazon's procedures did not allow it, so now I am having to send back the whole kit to receive a new one FOC. What a waste! I wouldn't do it except for the fact that the kit definitely works, and I might as well take out the last little ding with the correctly sized tool. Outstanding value for money and would use with care on my car too, but with great care to minimize the chance of paint removal. Hoping that the correct size tool will remove this risk. Will update.

Just Wholefoods Organic Falafel Mix 120g (Pack of 6)
Just Wholefoods Organic Falafel Mix 120g (Pack of 6)
Price: 8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple to cook EVEN I can do it., 1 Dec 2013
Have stopped eating so much meat, but not keen on only veg and spuds, so have moved to falafel to fill the void. This product is great - really simple and quick to make into balls, and so tasty (particularly shallow fried in toasted sesame oil) that I don't have to add anything. Not that I'd know what to add anyway, but whatever, they make a great alternative to meat in any dish, hot or cold.

Opinel Non-Locking Carbon Steel Blade - Beech, 3.5 Cm
Opinel Non-Locking Carbon Steel Blade - Beech, 3.5 Cm
Offered by UK Outdoor Store
Price: 6.10

4.0 out of 5 stars so sharp it's scary, 18 Sep 2013
This little knife is great for fishing or fruit but beware - it's a hundred times sharper than the penknives we all had as kids and the point is lethal. One star off because when open it's not quite straight, but bent very slightly towards shut, which perturbs me a little - as if it might close accidentally on my fingers.

Fifty-Thousand Shades Of Grey
Fifty-Thousand Shades Of Grey
by S C Ashen
Price: 5.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Gutted, 19 Jun 2013
WHY OH WHY OH WHY doesn't the title have a Spoiler Alert on it?? Ruined the whole book. Haven't felt so cheated since The Black and White Minstrel Show.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12