Profile for Chris Rollason > Reviews

Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black
Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black
Offered by DiscountDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 19 Jan. 2008
I got this along with my Western Digital 250GB Passport HDD. It holds my HDD very securely. The usb cable is stored behind some netting and prevents the casing for the HDD getting scratched.

Overall its a great product for keeping your portable HDD safe during transport.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots Of Storage For A Good Price, 19 Jan. 2008
I have been using an older Western Digital external HDD for a while just to give my laptop some extra storage space. The only problem with that is its bulky and needs an external power source. When i saw this i thought great.

When plugging the HDD into my laptop for the first time i noticed that again it used the FAT32 formatting which in my opinion is pretty useless. I force converted the HDD into NTFS and it still works perfectly and has all the software it shipped with still on it. (To do this go to the Microsoft website and type in convert FAT32 to NTFS. ONLY DO THIS IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.)

So the device itself is tiny and powered through a usb cable. There is sync software pre loaded on the HDD and it can be a little temperamental but on the whole pretty good. Just set a profile name, enter a password for the encryption, select the folders you want to sync and encrypt and off it goes. You can also just drag and drop files into the HDD but they won't be encrypted which is fine for backing up your ps3 for example.

Overall i would recommend this product because of its size, price and ease of use.

UPDATE

Dont convert the HDD to NTFS if you want to use it to backup your ps3. The ps3 CANNOT read hard drives formatted in NTFS

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year 2009 Edition  (PS3)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year 2009 Edition (PS3)
Offered by MICRO LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Game, 3 Jan. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is the first COD game i have ever played so i cant compare it to the pervious ones. I have completed the game and the whole thing is brilliant. The graphics are great, the story is great, and most of all the control layout is brilliant. There are a lot of other FPS games out there and the control layout really spoils it but not here.

The online game play is even better than the game itself. There are a wide variety of game types. Joining into a clan is the best thing you could do. If you get a bluetooth headset then even better.

I would buy this game without hesitation.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PS3)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

4.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, 3 Jan. 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The game play is good but the graphics are pretty poor. Tactically its well thought out and the controls are great. Sadly compared to call of duty 4 its just not as good.

When aiming and looking around the system feels very sluggish and can get very annoying sometimes. It would also have been good if you could sprint to run away from grenades.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2008 9:55 PM GMT

Norton Internet Security 2008 (3 User licence), Full Edition (PC)
Norton Internet Security 2008 (3 User licence), Full Edition (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Features Removed, 24 Dec. 2007
I had NIS 06 on my laptop before i installed the 08 version. I had previously been using the ad blocker on the older version of NIS which was brilliant. Sadly they have now removed this feature. I e-mailed Symantec to ask if it was just hidden away somewhere but it wasnt. Their explanation was

"Symantec has focused on developing NIS 2008 to provide core security technologies to protect customers from today's dangerous online threats."

They might have improved on some areas but they shouldnt be taking out features to make way for them. I am pretty disappointed

UPDATE

After using NIS 2008 for a bit longer i have encountered yet more problems. Live update no longer updates the product. I get a warning sign that my virus definitions are out of date and to click the fix button. This activates live update and should fix the problem but it doesn't. I now have to wait until I get this message (so in theory im more vulnerable to attack) then go to the Symantec website and manually get the updates. This is pretty poor. I tried using their live chat but it wouldn't work. I then tried e-mailing them and haven't had a reply in the time stated.

This product just seems to have problem after problem.

Page: 1 | 2