Profile for Marco Rossini > Reviews

Content by Marco Rossini
Top Reviewer Ranking: 947

Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Reason I Jump: one boy's voice from the silence of autism
The Reason I Jump: one boy's voice from the silence of autism
by David Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well-translated and is a must-read, 1 Feb. 2016
This is a beautiful book written by a Japanese boy who can't talk because of his autism. But he learned with his mother how to communicate with others in writing, and he managed to reveal his inner world that nobody had known until then. He narrates what autistic children are feeling and thinking about in different situations, why they behave in a way 'ordinary' and 'healthy' people don't understand. He tells a story that reflects his inner world in the most beautiful as well as insightful way.

I read the original version in Japanese first, which was full of extremely touching words, and I think this English version, offered by David Mitchell and his Japanese wife, Keiko, is translated in a faithful manner to the original version, and it offers a great opportunity for the readers in the western world to understand the inner world of the autistic children. This books has achieved to bring up the awareness of other 'healthy' people who read it to level that they've never imagine what autistic children could feel or think. This book can enlighten many people who can only judge others by looking at whether they're able to behave and react in a 'normal' way that you expect them to. Autistic children may react differently in a certain situation, but Higashida has managed to reveal what those children are actually feeling and trying to do, and how they want to be seen.

This is a must-read book as it teaches so much and will enlighten the people who read it.

Humble Brush White Bamboo Toothbrush
Humble Brush White Bamboo Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the idea, 30 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like it for several reasons, mainly the idea is good, for example it's an organic and compostable materials throughout and is hand-made. It would appeal to quite a few people for whom whether the product has been ethically manufactured and traded is important. It's a very light brush as well and feels good, but I must point out that you might need a few days before you get used to the 'new' bambooy feels in your mouth as bamboo isn't as smooth in your mouth as plastic that you've been used to using for decades. Considering plastic bags and bottles have become a major environmental issue, I'm sure the amount of ordinary, plastic toothbrushes must be accumulating somewhere creating a similar issue although it may be less so compared to pet-bottles. Let's see how it goes and if the idea and the feels are both as good, I'll carry on using them too.

Please Enjoy Your Happiness: A Memoir
Please Enjoy Your Happiness: A Memoir
by Paul Brinkley-Rogers

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful and melancholic memoir of love, 28 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As other reviewers say t's a very beautifully written book and is a memoir of an old Englishman who was a young sailor who fell in love with an older Japanese lady. It's very difficult to review a book without revealing the plot, but if you like memoirs, Japan, poetry and love romance (with melancholy in it), then you'll enjoy it throughout. Unlike Kazuo Ishiguro's novels, which are also beautiful, this book was written based on the authors experience and his own memoir, that fact alone makes this book very special. I felt a fair amount of tightness in my chest while and after reading it, and I had to sigh several times to ease it. Hope you agree with me.

Kaspersky Total Security 2016 Multi Device - 3 Device - 1 Year (PC/Mac/Android)
Kaspersky Total Security 2016 Multi Device - 3 Device - 1 Year (PC/Mac/Android)
Offered by Esale Express

4.0 out of 5 stars My PC is still fast and smooth., 27 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I first got to know about Kaspersky when I saw its logo on Fernando Alonso's racing suit for Ferrari a few years ago. Until then I'd been using different anti-virus products like MacAfee and Symantec Norton, but some of them caused slowness on my PCs.

So far, I'm enjoying the performance of Kapersky as it's very simple and 'light' and no obvious sign of slowness on my PC (Widnows 10), so I feel safe and I can recommend it to any PC users.

My PC is still fast and smooth, so I'm glad I've chosen Kaspersky!

Dark Sky Island
Dark Sky Island
Offered by MEDIAXSUK

4.0 out of 5 stars absolutely beautiful!, 20 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Dark Sky Island (Audio CD)
Enya was interviewed as this album was about to be released, and she was asked how to describe it with three words. Her answer was 'dark, sky, island' - I found it really funny! The album is absolutely beautiful and I got it ASAP! Nice addition to my Enya collection!

Vax C85-Z2-Pe Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 900 W
Vax C85-Z2-Pe Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 900 W

4.0 out of 5 stars So far I'm very happy. Good suction with lower wattage., 4 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used to be using Hoover's vacuum cleaner with bagless cylinder with 2300 watt before. It was my first bagless vacuum cleaner and was good to begin with, but it started losing its suction gradually although it still required so much electricity. Then I moved onto a battery-operated one by Vax, which was also good and had a few good ideas in it (e.g. it also became a hand-held vacuum cleaner so it was easier to clean small spaces), but the battery lasted only about 15 mins, and when you want to use it, the battery has to be always high, otherwise you can't use it at all until the battery is fully recharged, which takes about 7 hours also. So, although I liked it very much I had to go back to one that was power-supplied from the mains, hence I got this one. It requires only 900 watt, but the suction is as good as my old one with 2300 watt, so I'm happy that technology is obviously evolving. It's so useful in my opinion. I hope the suction, which is very good at the moment, will last for a long time, but if I notice something new I'll certainly share it here.

Magix Movie Edit Pro 2016 Plus (PC)
Magix Movie Edit Pro 2016 Plus (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good editing software to go one or even two steps higher., 4 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've mainly been using the movie editor that came with Windows 10 up until now, and although I've been happy with the results for creating simple, short films that you might want to upload to YouTube or just keep for your records, but I've noticed there're a few limitations in the features if you want to make more professional looking films. With Magix Movie Edit Pro 2016 Plus, I'm still in the process of learning all the features but so far I'm really impressed with it. Just remember that you also need fairly recent PC or a good processor, enough RAMs and, if possibe, a good graphic board to achieve a smooth and high def films, otherwise you'll notice the slowness in editing and exporting it. In my case, when other sound programme, such as iTunes, is also on at the same time, sometimes I can't hear any sound while editing, so I had to restart my 3-year-old PC. I'm thinking of adding more RAM to the maximum 32GB, and hopefully my editing will be smoother. I don't know if this programme is widely recognised as Final Cut Pro and can add the skills in my CV but let's see. If I notice something else, I'll certainly share it with you guys here.

WOW Toys Reward Chart - Racers
WOW Toys Reward Chart - Racers

4.0 out of 5 stars my nephew absolutely loves it, 24 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good box of small toys. Usually toys are for 3+ year-old, but this whole box is for for 1-5 year-old, which is good as I've got a small nephew. You might imagine from the image here that the box is big, but it's about the same size as a Kellogg's Cornflakes box. It's very colourful and fun with a dog, a motorcycle (and a rider) etc., so it'll be good for the small person's imagination and creative mind for his future.

Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste General Waste Bags - Black, Pack of 20
Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste General Waste Bags - Black, Pack of 20

4.0 out of 5 stars Specially designed good quality bags for the Joseph Joseph totem bin, 8 Dec. 2015
If you're looking at this product page, I presume you own Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste Totem Bin 60 L? These waste bags are very good, specially designed for this bin, so they'll fit it perfectly and are very good quality too. Since supermarkets stopped giving away their plastic bags which I'd been reusing as rubbish bags, I've had to find alternative solutions to get rid of all the general house wastes. The black bags you can find in the supermarket are cheap but too big for this bin. This product is currently costing £6.00 for 20 bags, so it's 30p per bag, which is quite a big portion of expenditure, but, again, the size is perfect and the quality is obviously good for this bin, which, I think, is a bin of the future, because it's not too big or tall, it's a tower so you can put the food waste as well as recycling all in the same tower. So it's completely up to you.

Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste Totem Bin - Graphite, 60 L
Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste Totem Bin - Graphite, 60 L

5.0 out of 5 stars Bin Of The Future, 5 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't normally give 5 stars with my ratings unless the items are really good, but I'll happily give all 5 of them for this one. Since supermarkets stopped giving away the plastic bags which I'd been reusing as rubbish bags, I've had to find alternative solutions to get rid of all the general house wastes. But I wasn't really keen about getting a large bin with a large black rubbish bag in it. And now, like everyone else, I have a recycling bin as well as a food waste bin, so I was thinking about how to manage with all this, mostly in the kitchen, without taking too much space - and here is an answer!

This will probably be the most expensive bin for most users, but I think it's a bin of the future. Not too big, it's a kind of a tower so you can put the food waste as well as recycling all in the same tower. Special bags designed for this bin are sold separately (Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste General Waste Bags, Black (Pack of 20)) and for the compostable bags (Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste Compostable Bags, White (Pack of 50)), which aren't excessively more expensive than the usual ones you can find in the supermarket. It'll be a good size for a small or fairly large family. It's designed to reduce the odour under the lid too.

My only little criticism is its colour. There're only 2 colours available. I wish they had a wider variety in colours, as I would've chosen a different colour like pastel green.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20