Profile for Marco Rossini > Reviews

Content by Marco Rossini
Top Reviewer Ranking: 483

Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tech21 Impact Shell Case for Apple iPhone 5/5S - Clear
Tech21 Impact Shell Case for Apple iPhone 5/5S - Clear

4.0 out of 5 stars The best case. You get what you pay for!, 15 Oct 2014
I've been using quite a few cases for my iPhone, but this one is the very best so far. I found it in the Apple Store, so it's approved by Apple. The orange/brown band protect all kinds of shocks from dropping it, and it's width is protects all parts of the iPhone, so if you drop it on a flat surface your iPhone will be completely safe, as the band will absorb the shock. The back of the phone is also protected with a transparent plastic, but this part could get scratched by a general use of the phone. So, if you drop the phone on a sharp areas, such as on a rock with sharp edges in a rocky mountain, and if the shap bit hits the phone screen, for example, it could still damage it. So as well as this case I have a separate screen protector (either a film or a glass one) to protect the screen.

You can connect all the cables to the iPhone with ths case on and can adjust the volume, the speakers and the cameras work fine, and the main round button of couse, also the grip is very good with this special material (brown bits) so it will help you not drop it easily.

It's slightly costly, but believe me, the cheap ones I used previously were really cheap in quality, but this one is really impressive, and I feel a lot more confident with this new case. I heard this material was used by military in some countries too.

The only minor problem for me is that there were only two colours when I bought it, i.e. orange or brown, and I would have liked something blue, but this is not a major issue.

Hope this helps.

Tech21 Impact Shell Case for Apple iPhone 5/5S - Smokey
Tech21 Impact Shell Case for Apple iPhone 5/5S - Smokey

4.0 out of 5 stars The best case. You get what you pay for!, 15 Oct 2014

Hope this helps.

The Big Bang Theory - Season 1-7 [DVD] [2014]
The Big Bang Theory - Season 1-7 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki

4.0 out of 5 stars Series 1-7, Excellent Box Set, But 1-6 is Half Price, 11 Oct 2014
I'm a huge fan of the Big Bang Theory, and I've been following the sequel as much as I can, but I must say I missed a few episodes, especially in early series. Hence the box set. The problem is that you can't stop watching it once started, so be careful!

If you're a Big Bang Theory fan too, this would be a good box set covering series 1-7. It would be a great Xmas present too. However, if you compromised and decided to get 1-6, it would be about half price, so it'll be difficult to make up your mind. If you get 1-6 and get the 7 separately, it'll be cheaper than getting this whole box set. Or maybe wait until season 8 is released, as this season has just started to air? And then 9, 10 and so on. So my advice is you've got to make up your mind somewhere, as it could go on for ever. It's a decision time.

Kid Galaxy Soft and Squeezable Car Transporter with 1-Pull Back Mini (Red)
Kid Galaxy Soft and Squeezable Car Transporter with 1-Pull Back Mini (Red)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy for a small man, 7 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This toy is for a small person from two years of age and above. It's OK so far, but when it arrived the carbon box was partly damaged and slightly sticky too for some reason, so my first impression wasn't very good. The toy itself is a good idea though, as, first of all, it has a soft'ish body with the material like a stress-release ball, and you can combine the lorry (red one) with a smaller car (light green), and the box says you can add up to three more cars apart from the light green one. So the idea is good and this will give a lot of mechanical imagination to the boy. So you could end up buying more cars to complete the whole package. As all toys nowadays, this is made in China. The overall quality is OK, but let's see how it goes, especially the durability after the small man plays with it for a couple of weeks.

Philips E27 6 Watt LED Edison Screw, Warm White
Philips E27 6 Watt LED Edison Screw, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Low energy consumption with very long life, 7 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't normally give 5-stars with my rating unless the product is really good, but for this one I have no hesitation to review with 5-stars.

This light bulb is excellent, as the energy consumption is as low as 6W with LED but is as bright as 40W for the traditional incandescent light bulb (package says it's 470 lumen). And it's not too white like a fluorescent light but is a much warmer colour (so called the 'colour temperature' is 2700 kelvin, so it's about the same colour as a car headlamp), and is almost like an incandescent one, so it's nice and relaxing. There are a lot of bulbs of this kind, from cheap ones to expensive ones, and a cheap import from China could soon start flickering and eventually burn out even though it's LED, so not all the LED bulbs are the same. This one is not very cheap, but I can see it's good quality reliable from a famous international brand which is reassuring.

LED is supposed to last thousands of hours, over 20,000 hours in fact, with extremely low energy consumption and so it doesn't go very hot, so theoretically it's safer too. The only 'but' is its high cost, but if you can save the electricity bills to 1/8 and the bulb lasts practically 'for ever', I think it's a good investment. However, if the one I have starts flickering or burns out too soon, I'll update my comment here and share it with you guys.

Chinese Puzzle [DVD]
Chinese Puzzle [DVD]
Dvd ~ Romain Duris

4.0 out of 5 stars Sequel No.3, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: Chinese Puzzle [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is, in a way, the 3rd episode in the sequel to two previously released films called Spanish Apartment (AKA: Pot Luck) and Russian Dolls (Pot Luck & Russian Dolls - Double Pack [DVD]), so, although it's not essential, I recommend you watch these two films first, because you'll see the development of the relationship between Roman Duris and Kelly Reily, and where Audrey Tautou comes in, and many small details will make more sence.

I really didn't expect the 3rd film would be released, but the director Cédric Klapisch, who directed all the three films, wanted to carry on or maybe the producer who made him do it - I don't know. Although I loved the previous two films, especially Spanish Apartment, I'm not too sure how far they can go on making this series. You can still watch it without watching the previous two (and I think that's the idea, as you can watch any episode from 'Big Bang Theory' without following from the beginning), it'd be a lot more fun for you with some basic understanding of the development of the plot by watching the first two.

The appearance of Audrey Tautou were always brief in the first film, in fact when the first one was released it was before she became so famous after the success of 'Amelie', and at this time I'm sure it wasn't really planned to release the DVD in the UK or the USA, because it was a rather low-budget film for domestic audience without big casts in it (although I liked it very much), but when the DVD was released the main jacket art showed as if Audrey Tautau was playing the central role in it. I wonder if they would have made the sequel 'Russian Dolls' if Tautou hadn't been so successful in the film industry. I'm glad she's involved again, as I'm a huge fan of Tautou, and in this third 'episode' Tautou is no longer a supporting actress but playing almost the 2nd main role. Four of the main casts from the 1st and 2nd films are appearing in it, and it's interesting to see the students who were sharing the same flat in Barcelona in the 1st film are fully grown up now and they get reunited.

Having said that one huge disappointment for me is that 'William', who is Wendy (Kelly Reily)'s younger brother, doesn't appear in this film. He (played by Kevin Bishop) was so funny that he almost stole the show in the 1st one, i.e. 'Spanish Apartment', although he appeared in only the 2nd half of it. And in the 2nd film, Russian Dolls, half of it was about him too, and again he was the funniest part of it. I can't believe that not even once was his name mentioned in the 3rd film.

So, I think this film would be an interesting choice to spend Sunday afternoon. In comparison to the other films, it was a bit weak, although there are some nice laughs and surprises, but Tautou's proven once again how good she is, and so after a long thinking I've decided to give ★★★★☆.

In addition to this, I must say the other casts, especially Duris and Reily, did a very good job. I think they're both very good and convincing actors too.

Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark
Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark

4.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant!.., 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This toy is brilliant - my nephew was so excited when he saw it and now can't let it go. He wants to take it everywhere with him now. His first ever radio-controlled car that goes either on land or water. The product video here shows pretty much everything, and the remote control is easy enough for a small man to operate it. Batteries are not supplied, so make sure you have 3x AA batteries when a small person receives it. My only hope is that this toy will last for a long time, as other reviewers are complaining about the reliability issue. As my nephew is so happy now, I hpoe he continues to be so. Touch wood!

December
December

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best piano solo collection for the winter (G.Winston), 22 Sep 2014
This review is from: December (Audio CD)
It's already been over 30 years since the analogue LP record of this album was first released. This was one of the earliest albums released by the record label, Windham Hill Records. I was only a teenager at that time, but since then I don't know how many times I've listened to this AMAZING piano solo collection.

For those who are not familiar with Winston's works, his piano style is not classical or jazz, and it's not like popular 'mood' piano and certainly not like a 'hotel lounge' kind of piano. The sound of Winston's piano is clear, atmospheric and has a certain 'calming effect'. I'd recommend this CD to anybody who wants to spend the Christmas time and the whole winter quietly. It'd be a perfect Christmas present, too, but I'd like to emphasise that this CD shouldn't be limited to a mere 'Christmas CD' even though this album contains some famous music sung during the Christmas time, because it's too good to put away after the festive season. I personally enjoy listening to it any time of the year.

If you've enjoyed his piano, his other albums, especially Autumn (Windham Hill 20th Anniversary Edition), would be a good one too!

Oral-B Braun CrossAction Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads - (Pack of 8 Refills)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Brush Heads!, 17 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using rechargeable electric toothbrushes for over ten years, and I genuinely think I can never go back to the traditional toothbrush anymore.

If you're looking at this product page, I imagine you're already an electric toothbrush user and are looking for a brushhead replacement. There are many kinds of different brushheads, and I think these ones, crossaction ones, are very good. I also use slightly bigger ones too, which might not be suitable for someone with a small mouth. A good thing abotu electric ones is that you'll feel you got good massage on your gums too.

After two minutes, it will have cleaned and polished your teeth thoroughly and will have massaged your gums. Until then all you have to do is put the brush surface on your teeth from side to side, top to the bottom & inside & outside - that's all! Job done! Easy! After that, I'd use some mouth-wash like Listerine for 30 seconds, and I feel fresh and ready to go out to the outside world with confidence!

Believe me, they're good!

Everything Counts [Clean]
Everything Counts [Clean]

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best 'Everything Counts' version., 17 Sep 2014
Perhaps the best 'Everything Counts' extended version. I was still at school when I first heard this track, and when I first heard this extended version I thought it was so futuristic and cool that I absolutely loved it. This version isn't the 'touched' original version too much, but not just a 'long' version either. I think it's re-arranged very nicely, and I think it's enjoyable and can be played for dancing or just enjoy listening.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20