Profile for Marco Rossini > Reviews

Content by Marco Rossini

Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HoMedics Compact Mirror
HoMedics Compact Mirror

4.0 out of 5 stars It works in the dark (though my face looks like a ghost), 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It works fine, but not so brilliantly as I expected.
The main thing is that this compact mirror consists of two small mirrors (one for magnifying), and the key feature would be that it takes 2x button batteries and you can turn two small LED lights on, so you can check your face even in the complete darkness. It sounds useful, but when I actually used this function, because the LED lights are completely white, my face looked like a ghost of a Dracula, if you know what I mean, so although it does the job if you want to check if a grain of rice is stuck on your face after eating Chinese in a dark room, but colour-wise they could've chosen a different one so my face will look a bit healthier? It will also work as a torch if you need it as the LED lights are really bright.
Hope this helps.

Fenugreen FreshPaper Produce Saver Sheets (1 Pack of 8 Sheets)
Fenugreen FreshPaper Produce Saver Sheets (1 Pack of 8 Sheets)

4.0 out of 5 stars I think it's working, 10 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried it, and I think it's working, but it's not so obvious because I tend to consume food almost as soon as I purchase it. But I must say the food was still very fresh after a couple of days after trying these sheets. But again, I think I need to do some more experiment by leaving veg or fruits for a longer period and see how they go.

Liteway Filament 4w ES E27 Golfball LED Bulb, 470 Lumen, Warm White, 40w Traditional Replacement

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright but consumes only 4W and last 'forever', 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very bright. It's a tiny little bulb so I thought it wasn't going to be as bright as 40W (in old incandescent bulb). I like the idea that it consumes only 4W of electricity and is as bright as 40W, but it'll last thousands of hours because it's LED. It doesn't get hot (only slightly warm) and uses all the electricity to the brightness rather than to the heat. Environmentally friendly too, so it feels good.

The colour isn't white like florescent light at all, it's a warm orangey colour like an old incandescent light so it's even better!

Cole & Mason Self-Watering Herb Keeper, White
Cole & Mason Self-Watering Herb Keeper, White

4.0 out of 5 stars herbs can stay fresh for a much longer time., 20 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Self-watering keeper is a good idea so that herbs (or small flowers even) can stay fresh for a much longer period of time. I wouldn't put too much water though as it might start rotting the roots. It's a stylish pot that works well on the windowsill in a modern kitchen too. The best thing is that you can go away for a week or so and when you come back home it's still alive and kicking. Good idea.

As the Romans Do: Authentic and reinvented recipes from the Eternal City
As the Romans Do: Authentic and reinvented recipes from the Eternal City
by Eleonora Galasso

4.0 out of 5 stars A good quality, heavy, hard-back book, 6 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good quality, heavy, hard-back book. It's slightly smaller than the A4 size, and all pages are colours with good photography. All the food photos and Italian scenery are professional and vivid - and they bring the Italian atmosphere into your kitchen. It has a useful index at the end of the book, so you can find the dish easily. It introduces various food and desserts. I can't wait to try to cook one by one.

Joseph Joseph Dial Storage Container with Datable Lid, Green, 1.2 Litre
Joseph Joseph Dial Storage Container with Datable Lid, Green, 1.2 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it - well done to Joseph Joseph, 2 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very good storage container that everybody would find useful I imagine. The list is a solid but a soft'ish material (that is apparently not microwaveable) with a nice dial that you can put the date and the month so you can remember when you put the food in it. The bottom part is microwaveable (slightly confusing), but again obviously a very good material. I'd buy 2 or 3 more of them so you can keep different things and pile them in the fridge-freezer. I have several other Joseph Joseph products, and they're not cheap but I always feel good and think you get what you pay for. Really recommended to all the kitchen users.

Garnier Ambre Solaire Protection Mini Lotion SPF50 50ml
Garnier Ambre Solaire Protection Mini Lotion SPF50 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars V strong SPF50 in a small tube with 50ml - good for travelling, 1 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A nice and small, travel-size tube with 50ml, so it can be taken in a hand-luggage on flights too. The lotion isn't too thick for SPF50, which tends to be quite thick but it's understandable to get very high protection. I can smell just a tiny amount of creamy aroma but that's hardly noticeable. Just before traveling to a country with a lot more sun in summer, I'm glad I got it for extra reassurance.

Garnier Ambre Solaire Baby in the Shade Protection Lotion SPF50 50ml
Garnier Ambre Solaire Baby in the Shade Protection Lotion SPF50 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and small bottle of 50ml. Hardly any fragrance, 27 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A nice and small bottle of 50ml, so it can be taken on flights too. The lotion, or should I say cream, isn't too thick or thin, but I would say 'soft', so it's easy to apply (even on an adult's face)! SPF50+ so it's very high protection too. I can smell just a tiny little bit of aroma, but hardly noticeable. I'm glad I got it for extra reassurance.

Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner
Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery included, 22 May 2016
Most specs are already introduced by other reviewers, so let me just concentrate on a couple of points: the cell battery CR2032 is included. It's in a box but very small, so be careful not to throw away with the box. In my case it was under the small paperwork so I wasn't sure if the battery was inclusive or not. The lid for the battery compartment (on the back) isn't very easy to close, but other than that I'm very happy with the product. Probably the easiest guitar tuner I've ever owned, and I like the display that changes the colour if your guitar is out of tune.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

4.0 out of 5 stars It won't work abroad.., 9 May 2016
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
Important things have already been discussed by other reviewers, so I'll just focus on one more thing: if you want to take it to outside the UK (even within the EU), it won't work apart from some very limited amout of programmes. It may show something for the first few hours, the Stick will soon start showing that you're in a wrong region and so it'll stop working. The whole Europe is within Region 2 (for DVDs), so I'd hoped there would be no boundary within the EU, but unfortunately it simply didn't work. You can still use apps like YouTube and play games, and you can also watch most (if not all) trailers, and there is a new category called 'Watch while abroad', in which you have about ten programmes, but they're either some short animation programmes for small kids or so-called b-movies. You can't watch pretty much any good films or programmes while you're abroad. I thought there would be no boundraries whether economically or licensewise within the EU, but unfortunately I was wrong. Shame.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20