Profile for Marco Rossini > Reviews

Content by Marco Rossini
Top Reviewer Ranking: 408

Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor Kit
Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor Kit
Price: 85.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Hope we can learn more about us.., 16 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm in my mid 40s and so is my partner, and despite the efforts we've been making we haven't been successful. But we don't want to give up our hope yet - we'd very much like to start a family. This is a good kit that lets us understand more about fertility and it's easy to use. The more I understand about fertility, the more reassurance I can gain, and we feel we have more opportunities to keep trying! I hope this will help us to achieve our dream soon!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 10:03 AM BST

Ultrasport Men's Key Largo Zip Hoodie - Grey, Medium
Ultrasport Men's Key Largo Zip Hoodie - Grey, Medium
Price: 89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I found this sweat jacket very good quality and it's definitely not one of those cheap ..., 16 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this sweat jacket very good in quality, and it's definitely not one of those cheap ones in street markets. As soon as I touched it, I could feel the good fabric which is soft, thick and strong. I don't normally wear the hoodie (and I don't appreciate it when youngsters are wearing them in the street even when it's warm, and they're intimidating others in local areas), but when it's cold again I'll try and see how effective it is. The jacket itself is very comfortable and warm, and I think this will be very useful in winter, so I'll take it with me a lot, such as skiing and climbing mountains and so on.

Ultrasport Men's Miami Polo Shirt
Ultrasport Men's Miami Polo Shirt
Price: 49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A polo shirt of good quality but slightly too flashy., 16 July 2014
First of all, this is a polo shirt of good quality. Mine is grey and as soon as I opened the package and touched it, I noticed the fabric was good and very well made, and I could see that professional rescuers would wear it.

However, it's not without criticism. Unfortunately the design needs to improve, because it is slightly too flashy and I imagine most mature adults would find it in the same way. Although these photos look OK, but the large American flag on the backside is so big and gaudy that I probably won't choose this shirt to wear to go to play golf or to meals with friends. Maybe it's OK for younger generations like university students for a casual night out or someone who loves American fashion. It might also be suitable for going to motor racing events or the beaches etc, but for a middle-aged man like me, I'm still thinking when/where I can wear this, and it's a shame that polo shirt of such high quality can't be worn whenever I like. For this reason I give three stars for this shirt.

Ambi Toys  Max Pull Along
Ambi Toys Max Pull Along
Price: 15.54

5.0 out of 5 stars My nephew loves it!, 17 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My nephew has just turned two but has a full of interests in anything he can see and wants to touch whatever he can reach, and this is exactly what he does every day. This toy was a success, as he likes walking around with it, and he seems to understand that this is his doggy. It's very clever as the head and the tale move, and it's so sweet that I think it's good for him to develop his imaginations. Unfortunately he can't have a real dog in his flat but at least he's got this lovely dog called Max!

Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S
Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S
Price: 8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Kit!, 17 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I give 4 stars with my review, but it's very close to 5. I've previously used two screen protectors for my smart phones, but for someone who has not much experience of putting the protectors onto smart phones, the result will probably not be so good as one would hope. However, this product comes with something called 'applicator' with which you can press down the screen protector exactly on the right position. This was precisely my problem, because you're supposed to put the screen correctly on the first try, otherwise the dust could go in, and it's not very easy to get rid of dust once it goes under the screen. With this one, I still got a small bubble because of tiny little dust which I managed to get rid of using the special plaster (enclosed), but a very small bubble is still present. But apart from this, it's perfect and this applicator gave me the best result so far.

Just a minor criticism from me is that I think the user's guide might need some improvement, because I found it slightly confusing with the English wording, and I think it was translated from Chinese? Because of this tiny thing I give 4 stars.

Wind Rises - Double Play [Blu-ray + DVD]
Wind Rises - Double Play [Blu-ray + DVD]
Dvd ~ Joe Hisaishi
Price: 17.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful picture, and so much emotion., 28 May 2014
First of all, I found this film extremely beautiful in many senses. Especially the way blue skies and clouds, where aeroplanes fly through, are pictured is so impressive that it was almost real. The latest graphics have enabled Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli to achieve this depth and the height in the sky - simply breathtaking.

It's a shame that some people are totally missing out the point in this film, that is the emotions, the relationship and the love the main two young people had between them. But some people just saw the surrounding elements such as Jiro Horikoshi's occupation, his dedication to work, the war time, etc etc, and complain that no mystical creatures like Totoro or a wizard appeared. This is partly based on the novel, also called 'Kaze Tachinu' or the Wind Rises, which is a serious nevertheless amazing love story and not some kind of phantasy. It's also based on a true story of Jiro Horikoshi, so this film is an amalgamation of two completely different stories around the same time in 1930s, so you can't expect some animal that talks or some castle that flies.

I don't really want to spoil your joy if you haven't watched it yet, but I really want to ask you for just one thing - please remember that the most important part is the inner, quiet part of Jiro's and Naoko's hearts and the overwhelming love between them. So try to leave your judgements aside for a couple of hours and try to live at the same difficult times as those beautiful people (and if possible, watch it with the original Japanese soundtrack with subtitles instead of watching it with the English (American) dubs.

The pictures and the soundtrack are also brilliant. I'd like to watch it again.

Hope you, all the Ghibli films fans, agree with me.

Barney's Version [DVD]
Barney's Version [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Giamatti
Price: 4.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cast, but slightly off putting, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Barney's Version [DVD] (DVD)
First of all, the casts are all brilliant, and each character is really convincing. The class distinction within the Jewish society in Canada/USA that this film shows is an intriguing part to look at too. Two of the main female characters are played by British actresses, i.e. Rosamund Pike and Mini Driver, both of whom I like very much, but I couldn't stop wondering why the production decided to choose the two British actresses who would have to mimic the Canadian/US accent instead of employing the North American actresses? Or maybe Pike and Driver could have appeared as British? Pike is one of the most elegant and well-educated actresses I can think of, but her American accent was not always so convincing, but apart from that she was very good in some subtle facial expressions or even a shot from her back was great, especially the scene she was older was very nice. Dustin Hoffman was probably the funniest and the best part of this film. I've never seen the father figure of the main character being so impressive and he has proved someone can make his presence felt so much even though he was a supporting part. However, overall, like many Hollywood movies, I found that loads of things happen very fast and sometimes it is difficult to follow the plot. The plot was a good one, but slightly depressing as well, because of the series of actions Barney, the main character, takes, and I must say I couldn't see many parts of this film that made me happy.

I wonder if you agree with me, but I've tried my best to review this without referring to the plot as I don't really want to spoil your joy of watching it.

Hope this helps.

Opticrom 5ml Hayfever Eye Drops
Opticrom 5ml Hayfever Eye Drops
Price: 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars I can recommend this to hay fever sufferers. It works., 23 May 2014
I don't want to admit this, but I am a hay fever sufferer - big time! It starts as early as mid February and lasts all the way till September. I have been trying different tablets, nasal sprays and eye drops, but up until this year I haven't used Opticrom Eye Drops, purely because of its prices. In fact this tiny bottle of eye drops is one of the most expensive ones of this kind, so I tended to choose cheaper options such as the ones of supermarkets' own brand. They all looked the same to me, but the prices are much lower for the supermarkets' ones. They were working OK, but not so brilliantly that I was extremely stressed out by my itchy eyes. This year, however, I've chosen Opticrom ones, and I use only one drop in each eye twice a day, and surprisingly my itchy eyes are (almost) gone! To me it's a huge difference? The package information says you can use it one or two drops up to four times a day, so I'm using much less than the maximum dosage.

Now I think the high cost was a good investment and realised that not all the eye drops are the same and you get what you pay for. Although I'm aware that medicines work differently depending on the person, so I can only say how this is working on me, but if your eyes are affected by pollen/dust/animal hair and so on, and haven't tried this small bottle of eye drops, maybe it's worth investing for it?

Hope it works!

Bosch PDO 6 Detector
Bosch PDO 6 Detector
Price: 36.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item for DIY'ers, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Bosch PDO 6 Detector (DIY & Tools)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
All technical explanations have been given by other reviewers here, and I'm aware that some users are not so impressed with this one, but I'm happy with it. So I just want to concentrate on one thing: anytime you intend to drill holes in the wall to hang pictures, clocks or to fit a bookcase to the wall, many people will probably use an electric drill, which is useful but can be so powerful that it might drill through a water pipe or cut an electric cable. With this small detector, you can find out more or less exactly where those things are hidden behind the plaster wall and can avoid them subsequently. Some reviewers are not happy with this at all, but I think they're asking for too much for the detector of this price. There are far more professional and sophisticated ones out there, but they are very expensive - I'm not professional, and I only use it in my relatively small flat a few times a year. This is not the cheapest detector on the market or the most expensive one, but you get what you pay for. In my flat, this is powerful enough and was a good choice for me. If you can avoid potential payments that might be caused by an accidental damage to the water pipe or the danger of drilling through an electric cable, this is not a bad investment at all. For a light usage, this is highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20