Profile for Marco Rossini > Reviews

Content by Marco Rossini
Top Reviewer Ranking: 625

Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Seagate STDZ500400 500 GB 2.5-Inch Seven USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Seagate STDZ500400 500 GB 2.5-Inch Seven USB 3.0 External Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Very strong, thin, easy to use, but 500GB might be slightly small nowadays?, 26 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a small but strong HDD with 500GB. It's so thin that you will hardly notice it's in your bag, which is good, and the metal body is also good that this will be strong enough against most impacts through normal usage. It's powered via USB so you don't need to carry an extra cable or charger either. It comes with software that helps you to backup your entire PC although it will probably take hours to do this on your first attempt. Also, if you use a huge amount of videos or images, you might feel 500GB is not sufficient, but otherwise I'm very happy about it and feel more confident with all the data in my PC.

Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars The Scoop was Missing!, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First, it's supposed to be a powerful and super-fast acting stain remover, but after a few washes, the dark'ish colours that my white garments and towels accumulated are still there. I think they have faded slightly, but they're not completely removed. Maybe I need a few more washes and those colours, generally accumulated by normal everyday usage, will go eventually though, but I am yet to see it.

Secondly, the instruction says that just one scoop of Vanish Powder in the washing machine is enough to provide an intense cleaning action, but my problem is that the scoop wasn't in the container! I looked for it thoroughly, but it's not in it, so I'm using something else, although it means I'm probably not using the right amount for it. For these reasons, I give only three stars with my rating for now, but it will improve if my white towels go completely white. Otherwise I'll keep those three stars here, so let's see.

McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 3 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]
McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 3 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, I think. No complaint at all., 8 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the past few years, I've been trying different anti-virus products, and I've mainly been using Kaspersky and Symantec, which all claim their protection is more thorough than other major competitors. But some of them caused a slowness issue on my PCs.

So far, I'm enjoying the performance on McAfee as it's not 'heavy' and doesn't seem to slow down my PC (Widnows 8.1), although my Task Manager shows that the memory usage is quite high. But I feel safe, so I can definitely recommend it to any PC user.

My PC is still reasonably fast and smooth, so well done to them! But if I notice something, especially the slowness in performance, I'll keep you guys up to date.

Hope this helps!

Solar Light Compact BG-BL01G-W, NEW OFFICIAL Panasonic
Solar Light Compact BG-BL01G-W, NEW OFFICIAL Panasonic
Offered by MASUMIYAJAPAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant small product from Panasonic, 20 Jan. 2015
This is a brilliant little solar battery charger - congratulations to Panasonic!

I'll be brief and clear. With this device, you can do these things:

1: recharge 2x AA batteries using the solar panel (you'll need rechargeable batteries, included)
2: recharge 2x AA batteries via USB (connecting to the PC etc. DC5V 270mA)
3: use this as a battery charger for pretty much any rechargeable devices, such as iPhone, via USB
4: use this as an LED light
5: as an emergency light - by pressing down the main button for 1 second the LED light starts flashing that can last up to 100 hours.

So, basically this little device can work as a solar light as well as a battery charger for other devices.

2x AA batteries are included, and these ones are very good ones called Evolta, which is 1900mAh and is a far better version than traditional rechargeable batteries which tend to run out quickly.

So with this small investment you can save a lot of money as you don't have to keep buying batteries anymore. I'm so glad I found this product.

Edward VI (Penguin Monarchs): The Last Boy King
Edward VI (Penguin Monarchs): The Last Boy King
by Stephen Alford

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, concise hard-cover book, 26 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well-made, concise, good quality, hard-cover, educational book. This book is about Edward VI, who was the successor of Henry VIII and reigned for only six years before Mary Tudor. Only 98 pages long including the footnotes and the index at the end, but it will be enough to know a short-life of the young king. Some drawings and portraits are in the middle section of the book and are very good, so I can get better imaginations. This is an academic book that will be a good reference for students or adult readers to do some research on him and the Tudor period.

New Balance 565 Mens Trainers
New Balance 565 Mens Trainers
Price: £58.31 - £91.38

5.0 out of 5 stars NB 565 are really good!, 25 Dec. 2014
When I first saw the 565, I immediately noticed the cool design and the colour. I tried them on, and then I noticed that my usual size was too small, so I had to go for a size larger, and this time it was perfect. Mine is navy and they're very light. They would be brilliant for running although I didn't buy them for running but for casual use. I don't know what the material is in the sole, but it's so comfortable that I'm in love with them. The outside is a mixture of nylon mesh material and suede. The mesh bit would be good fro air circulation, and the leather part keeps them in good shape. However, that means you'll need to clean the suede from time to time, so I also purchased special spray that protect the trainer by coating it from water, soil etc. I use the spray about once a week and leave them until they're dry, and off you go. I'm really happy that I bought these trainers, so I think I might even get another pair in a different colour. I normally don't give five-stars for my rating, but for these trainers I'm very happy to give all five.

Just one advice if you want to order them online - you need to be aware that the size I got was a size bigger than the one I normally get, so you might want to try them on first before place an order. Hope this helps.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars NB565 are so good!, 25 Dec. 2014
When I first saw these NB565 trainers I immediately noticed the cool design and the colour. I tried them on, and then I noticed that my usual size was too small, so I had to go for a size larger, and this time it was perfect. Mine is navy and they're very light. They would be brilliant for running although I didn't buy them for running but for casual use. I don't know what the material is in the sole, but it's so comfortable that I'm in love with them. The outside is a mixture of nylon mesh material and suede. The mesh bit would be good fro air circulation, and the leather part keeps them in good shape. However, that means you'll need to clean the suede from time to time, so I also purchased special spray that protect the trainer by coating it from water, soil etc. I use the spray about once a week and leave them until they're dry, and off you go. I'm really happy that I bought these trainers, so I think I might even get another pair in a different colour. I normally don't give five-stars for my rating, but for these trainers I'm very happy to give all five.

Philips E27 10 Watt LED Edison Screw Globe, Warm White
Philips E27 10 Watt LED Edison Screw Globe, Warm White
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save electricity bills by 84% and very long life, 18 Dec. 2014
I don't normally give 5-star ratings unless the products are really good, but for this one I have no hesitation to review with 5 stars.

This light bulb is excellent, as the energy consumption is as low as 10w with LED but it's as bright as a 60w incandescent light bulb (package says it's 9.5w). And it's not too white like a fluorescent light but it's a much warmer colour (so called the 'colour temperature' is 2700 kelvin, so it's about the same colour as a car headlamp), and it's almost like an incandescent one, so it's nice and relaxing. There are a lot of bulbs of this kind, from cheap ones to expensive ones, and cheap imports from China could soon start flickering and eventually burn out even though they're LED, and even dangerous as they're not necessarily correctly assembled, so not all the LED bulbs are the same. This one isn't very cheap, but I can see it's a good quality reliable bulb from a famous international brand which is reassuring.

LED is supposed to last thousands of hours, over 20,000 hours in fact, with extremely low energy consumption and so it doesn't go very hot, so the electricity isn't wasted to generate heat with this bulb, and theoretically it's safer too. The only 'but' is its high cost, but if you can save the electricity bills by 84% (as the package says) and the bulb lasts practically 'for ever', I think it's a good investment.

IKEA Ledare LED Light Bulb LED Energy Saving Bulb E14 6.3 W 400 lm Corresponding to Approx 40 W 2700 Kelvin Warm White
Offered by TANTE FANNY LADEN - Tante Emma war gestern!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and enviromentally friendly light bulbs, 15 Dec. 2014
I got these LED bulbs for the small lamps on the bedside tables, and they're a very good and efficient. I love the IKEA Ledare LED Light Bulb series and use various types of them, both E27 and E14. Compared to traditional incandescent ones, you could save something like 80% energy, so you can save your electricity bills especially in winter. This particular bulb consumes only 6.3W, but the brightness (which is indicated by Lumens nowadays) is about the same as the 40W of the traditional incandescent bulbs which tend to get very hot, so you know how much energy you're saving? These LED bulbs don't get very hot - only get warm - and that means the electricity is not being wasted by emitting the heat.

The colour is 'warm white' that is indicated as 2700 Kelvin that means it's almost the same colour as the headlamp of the car, so it's not too white. I still use some energy-saver ones, which are florescent, so although they save energy too, the colour is completely white which I don't like too much, as the atmosphere in the room gets very cold, but these LED ones with 2700K are nicely yellow/orangey like an incandescent bulb, and even more energy efficient than florescent ones and will last up to 20,000 hours, so although these LED bulbs are not cheap, it's definitely a good investment.

If my calculation is right, if you change all your incandescent bulbs in your household to LED ones (of the same brightness i.e. lumen), you would get all the investment for the LED bulbs back in about two years. As mentioned above, LED will last thousands of hours, so after a couple of years of using them you're saving even more as the investment will have already been paid off by this time.

IKEA Ledare LED Light Bulb LED Energy Saving Bulb E27 7.5 W 400 lm Corresponding to Approx 40 W 2700 Kelvin Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bulb - no complaint whatsoever, 14 Dec. 2014
I got this LED bulb a few month ago, and it's a very good and efficient bulb. I love the IKEA Ledare LED Light Bulb series and use various types of it, both E27 and E14. Compared to traditional incandescent ones, you could save something like 80% energy, so you can save your electricity bills especially in winter. This particular bulb consumes 7.5W but the brightness (which is indicated by lumens nowadays) is about the same as the 40W of the traditional incandescent bulb, so you know how much you're saving? The colour is 'warm white' that is indicated as 2700 Kelvin that means it's almost the same colour as the headlamp in the car, so it's not too white. I still use some energy-saver ones, which are florescent, so although they save energy too, the colour is completely white which I don't like too much, as the atmosphere in the room gets very cold, but this LED ones are nicely yellow/orange like a incandescent bulb, and even more energy efficient than florescent ones, and will last up to 20,000 hours, so although these LED bulbs are not cheap, it's a good investment. If my calculation is right, if you change all your incandescent bulbs to LED ones (of the same brightness i.e. lumen), you would get all the investment for the LED bulbs back in about two years. As mentioned above, LED will last thousands of hours, so after a couple of years of using it you're saving even more as the investment will have already been paid off by this time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20