Profile for Marco Rossini > Reviews

Content by Marco Rossini
Top Reviewer Ranking: 593

Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Solar Light Compact BG-BL01G-W, NEW OFFICIAL Panasonic
Solar Light Compact BG-BL01G-W, NEW OFFICIAL Panasonic
Offered by 100WAYS SHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant small product from Panasonic, 20 Jan. 2015
This is a brilliant little solar battery charger - congratulations to Panasonic!

I'll be brief and clear. With this device, you can do these things:

1: recharge 2x AAA batteries using the solar panel (you'll need rechargeable batteries, included)
2: recharge 2x AAA batteries via USB (connecting to the PC etc. DC5V 270mA)
3: use this as a battery charger for pretty much any rechargeable devices, such as iPhone, via USB
4: use this as an LED light
5: as an emergency light - by pressing down the main button for 1 second the LED light starts flashing that can last up to 100 hours.

So, basically this little device can work as a solar light as well as a battery charger for other devices.

2x AAA batteries are included, and these ones are very good ones called Evolta, which is 1900mAh and is a far better version than traditional rechargeable batteries which tend to run out quickly.

So with this small investment you can save a lot of money as you don't have to keep buying batteries anymore. I'm so glad I found this product.

Edward VI (Penguin Monarchs): The Last Boy King
Edward VI (Penguin Monarchs): The Last Boy King
by Stephen Alford

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, concise hard-cover book, 26 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well-made, concise, good quality, hard-cover, educational book. This book is about Edward VI, who was the successor of Henry VIII and reigned for only six years before Mary Tudor. Only 98 pages long including the footnotes and the index at the end, but it will be enough to know a short-life of the young king. Some drawings and portraits are in the middle section of the book and are very good, so I can get better imaginations. This is an academic book that will be a good reference for students or adult readers to do some research on him and the Tudor period.

New Balance 565 Mens Trainers
New Balance 565 Mens Trainers
Price: £60.48 - £91.38

5.0 out of 5 stars NB 565 are really good!, 25 Dec. 2014
When I first saw the 565, I immediately noticed the cool design and the colour. I tried them on, and then I noticed that my usual size was too small, so I had to go for a size larger, and this time it was perfect. Mine is navy and they're very light. They would be brilliant for running although I didn't buy them for running but for casual use. I don't know what the material is in the sole, but it's so comfortable that I'm in love with them. The outside is a mixture of nylon mesh material and suede. The mesh bit would be good fro air circulation, and the leather part keeps them in good shape. However, that means you'll need to clean the suede from time to time, so I also purchased special spray that protect the trainer by coating it from water, soil etc. I use the spray about once a week and leave them until they're dry, and off you go. I'm really happy that I bought these trainers, so I think I might even get another pair in a different colour. I normally don't give five-stars for my rating, but for these trainers I'm very happy to give all five.

Just one advice if you want to order them online - you need to be aware that the size I got was a size bigger than the one I normally get, so you might want to try them on first before place an order. Hope this helps.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars NB565 are so good!, 25 Dec. 2014
When I first saw these NB565 trainers I immediately noticed the cool design and the colour. I tried them on, and then I noticed that my usual size was too small, so I had to go for a size larger, and this time it was perfect. Mine is navy and they're very light. They would be brilliant for running although I didn't buy them for running but for casual use. I don't know what the material is in the sole, but it's so comfortable that I'm in love with them. The outside is a mixture of nylon mesh material and suede. The mesh bit would be good fro air circulation, and the leather part keeps them in good shape. However, that means you'll need to clean the suede from time to time, so I also purchased special spray that protect the trainer by coating it from water, soil etc. I use the spray about once a week and leave them until they're dry, and off you go. I'm really happy that I bought these trainers, so I think I might even get another pair in a different colour. I normally don't give five-stars for my rating, but for these trainers I'm very happy to give all five.

Philips E27 10 Watt LED Edison Screw Globe, Warm White
Philips E27 10 Watt LED Edison Screw Globe, Warm White
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save electricity bills by 84% and very long life, 18 Dec. 2014
I don't normally give 5-star ratings unless the products are really good, but for this one I have no hesitation to review with 5 stars.

This light bulb is excellent, as the energy consumption is as low as 10w with LED but it's as bright as a 60w incandescent light bulb (package says it's 9.5w). And it's not too white like a fluorescent light but it's a much warmer colour (so called the 'colour temperature' is 2700 kelvin, so it's about the same colour as a car headlamp), and it's almost like an incandescent one, so it's nice and relaxing. There are a lot of bulbs of this kind, from cheap ones to expensive ones, and cheap imports from China could soon start flickering and eventually burn out even though they're LED, and even dangerous as they're not necessarily correctly assembled, so not all the LED bulbs are the same. This one isn't very cheap, but I can see it's a good quality reliable bulb from a famous international brand which is reassuring.

LED is supposed to last thousands of hours, over 20,000 hours in fact, with extremely low energy consumption and so it doesn't go very hot, so the electricity isn't wasted to generate heat with this bulb, and theoretically it's safer too. The only 'but' is its high cost, but if you can save the electricity bills by 84% (as the package says) and the bulb lasts practically 'for ever', I think it's a good investment.

IKEA Ledare LED Light Bulb LED Energy Saving Bulb E14 6.3 W 400 lm Corresponding to Approx 40 W 2700 Kelvin Warm White
Offered by TANTE FANNY LADEN - Tante Emma war gestern!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and enviromentally friendly light bulbs, 15 Dec. 2014
I got these LED bulbs for the small lamps on the bedside tables, and they're a very good and efficient. I love the IKEA Ledare LED Light Bulb series and use various types of them, both E27 and E14. Compared to traditional incandescent ones, you could save something like 80% energy, so you can save your electricity bills especially in winter. This particular bulb consumes only 6.3W, but the brightness (which is indicated by Lumens nowadays) is about the same as the 40W of the traditional incandescent bulbs which tend to get very hot, so you know how much energy you're saving? These LED bulbs don't get very hot - only get warm - and that means the electricity is not being wasted by emitting the heat.

The colour is 'warm white' that is indicated as 2700 Kelvin that means it's almost the same colour as the headlamp of the car, so it's not too white. I still use some energy-saver ones, which are florescent, so although they save energy too, the colour is completely white which I don't like too much, as the atmosphere in the room gets very cold, but these LED ones with 2700K are nicely yellow/orangey like an incandescent bulb, and even more energy efficient than florescent ones and will last up to 20,000 hours, so although these LED bulbs are not cheap, it's definitely a good investment.

If my calculation is right, if you change all your incandescent bulbs in your household to LED ones (of the same brightness i.e. lumen), you would get all the investment for the LED bulbs back in about two years. As mentioned above, LED will last thousands of hours, so after a couple of years of using them you're saving even more as the investment will have already been paid off by this time.

IKEA Ledare LED Light Bulb LED Energy Saving Bulb E27 7.5 W 400 lm Corresponding to Approx 40 W 2700 Kelvin Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bulb - no complaint whatsoever, 14 Dec. 2014
I got this LED bulb a few month ago, and it's a very good and efficient bulb. I love the IKEA Ledare LED Light Bulb series and use various types of it, both E27 and E14. Compared to traditional incandescent ones, you could save something like 80% energy, so you can save your electricity bills especially in winter. This particular bulb consumes 7.5W but the brightness (which is indicated by lumens nowadays) is about the same as the 40W of the traditional incandescent bulb, so you know how much you're saving? The colour is 'warm white' that is indicated as 2700 Kelvin that means it's almost the same colour as the headlamp in the car, so it's not too white. I still use some energy-saver ones, which are florescent, so although they save energy too, the colour is completely white which I don't like too much, as the atmosphere in the room gets very cold, but this LED ones are nicely yellow/orange like a incandescent bulb, and even more energy efficient than florescent ones, and will last up to 20,000 hours, so although these LED bulbs are not cheap, it's a good investment. If my calculation is right, if you change all your incandescent bulbs to LED ones (of the same brightness i.e. lumen), you would get all the investment for the LED bulbs back in about two years. As mentioned above, LED will last thousands of hours, so after a couple of years of using it you're saving even more as the investment will have already been paid off by this time.

El Nino [DVD]
El Nino [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jesús Castro

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Powerful Images with an Impressive Plot, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: El Nino [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not going into details to avoid spoiling your joy of watching, but in a few words, I'd recommend it to those World Cinema fans who enjoy watching 1) European films, 2) Spanish culture, food, language etc., 3) cultural gaps within a society, 4) criminal activities underground and 4) blue skies and the ocean.

This film is very unique as you'll see a lot of coming and going between Morocco and Spain (and Gibraltar), as they're only 16 km apart. The conflict between the gang and the police is also an interesting element to watch. All actors are brilliantly convincing. It's one of the most memorable Spanish films that have been introduced to the UK in the recent years.

Hope I've managed to review it without revealing too much! I don't know why but there are a lot of 'reviewers' who are telling the entire story, which isn't what reviewers are supposed to do, I don't think.

Anyway, hope you'll enjoy it as I did.

New Balance Mens M574 D (13H) Clogs And Mules
New Balance Mens M574 D (13H) Clogs And Mules
Price: £53.99 - £97.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Trainers, 29 Nov. 2014
First of all, when I first saw these trainers I immediately noticed the cool design and the colour. I tried them on, and then I noticed that my usual size was too small, so I had to go for a size larger, and this time it was perfect. Mine is navy and they're very light. They would be brilliant for running although I didn't buy them for running but for casual use. I don't know what the material is in the sole, but it's so comfortable that I'm in love with them. The outside is a mixture of nylon mesh material and suede. The mesh bit would be good fro air circulation, and the leather part keeps them in good shape. However, that means you'll need to clean the suede from time to time, so I also purchased special spray that protect the trainer by coating it from water, soil etc. I use the spray about once a week and leave them until they're dry, and off you go. I'm really happy that I bought these trainers, so I think I might even get another pair in a different colour. I normally don't give five-stars for my rating, but for these trainers I'm very happy to give all five.

All That Matters Is Past [DVD]
All That Matters Is Past [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maria Bonnevie

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cleverly made with great actors, supported by beautiful cinematography and music, 26 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OMG, I don't quite know where to start, but in a few words, I can say this is probably one of the strongest films I've seen since Fargo (Special Edition) [1996] [DVD]. You can never predict what happens next - surprise after surprise. I'm not going to go into the plot so I can avoid spoiling your joy, but just one warning - there is quite a bit of blood and dead animals and so on, so if you're not good at it (although they're very much part of how the story develops) you may want to be well-prepared before start pressing the play button. The cinematography as well as the music are fantastic, and the main actors are all brilliant. The fact that the main police officer was a heavily pregnant woman may have been one of the reasons why I connected this film with the Fargo but it's not only that. I haven't watched many North European films, but I'm glad I encountered this Norwegian/Swedish film, and I want to watch more of it. This is definitely one of the films that make you think afterwards.

Hope this helps.