Profile for Exquisiteblue > Reviews

Content by Exquisiteblue

Exquisiteblue

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, Not Amazing., 11 Nov. 2013
Every year you look forward to the new Call Of Duty game, waiting in anticipation for it to come out and hoping you really enjoy it.

The question is, will you enjoy it?

Single Player

I've played every single player in the call of duty series with some impressing me like the MW1/2 and black ops 1 and some being terrible in my eyes like the MW3/BO2 and this campaign tends to fall in the impressive category.

Although it falls into the same type of missions you get in all the other call of duty games, this is the bread and butter of the game. As long as they nail these missions and give you something else to do, people tend to be happy with it.
I found myself guessing what was going to happen next with alot of success so if you have played other call of duty games, you will know what is going to happen in advance.

To summarize the campaign mode up, it was a really enjoyable story mode and one I'll probably complete again at some point.

8/10 for the campaign for me.

The Multiplayer

The reason the majority of call of duty fans buy the game.

Everyone will have there own favorite call of duty Multiplayer and unfortunately they will always compare the next installment to that one. I'm not different half of the time, black ops 1 was my favorite and I always find myself comparing it to that since it captured my interest the most and easily spent the most time playing that one.

Guns

I find myself slightly disappointed with the guns, although there is like 6 categories, I find the choice limited and only like probably 20% of the guns themselves which I was hoping for more.

Perks/Tacticals/Lethals

The perks are probably one of the better things about Call of Duty Ghosts. With 35ish perks and the 10 point system it allows you to customize your own style brilliantly offering a wide variety for all the different type of players. The run and gunners, Snipers, Shotguns.

The grenades I find to be very poor on this. On most other call of duty games, I could throw grenades with relative success, however on this one, I haven't got a single grenade kill and I have prestiged my first squad member. The I.E.D Mine seems like a slightly worse version of a Betty/Claymore

Maps

I like about 50%. Most of the maps tend to be too big for my liking. I've always prefered the smaller/medium maps. With Large maps in my opinion being a flop most of the time. The only big map I've ever liked is Wastelands. The best maps for me without doubt are Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare. I thought they were that good, if they decided to update the graphics of it, I would buy the game over again and start the prestige system all over again.

Ranking up

Yet again, I don't like it. Basically you have to take 10 squad members and get them all to level 60. Every time you get on to level 60, you get a new prestige badge. Now that system for me, isn't exactly bad. However, leveling up seems to take a pretty long time. Most previous games keeps you leveling up at a decent speed until around the level 40 mark, when they then start to go up at a decent pace. With this, I find myself sat at level 20 thinking to myself, this is taking a pretty long time.

But then again, I prefer fast prestige at a low level and plenty of them, like the black ops 1 series but that doesn't mean you won't like this system, everyone will make there own mind up.

Overall, it is a pretty good effort from Infinity Ward with Ghosts and the positive thing for me is that they have a single player I like after really not like the MW3 effort.

However, the Multiplayer isn't bad but it really can be improved upon in my eyes.

The game was worth buying for the Campaign though.