Profile for Harold Moldsworth > Reviews

Content by Harold Moldsworth

Harold Moldsworth "Harold" (Lambsbottom, Yorkshire, UK)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Handle with care!, 12 Dec 2007
I've been using the ball scratcher for almost a day now, but have to say that it should be used with care. It seems to have upset several of the people whose balls I've tried to scratch with it. Maybe it's best kept for personal use.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2011 4:52 PM BST

This Is Spinal Tap
This Is Spinal Tap

5.0 out of 5 stars S**** Sandwich, 11 Dec 2007
This review is from: This Is Spinal Tap (Audio CD)
What day did God create Spinal Tap - and couldn't he have rested on that day too?

I'm joking of course (pats hair).

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 10 Dec 2007
OK - where to start with this product? Everyone I knew seemed surprised this was the first time I'd owned "post-it notes", as apparently they've been on the go for ages. Well, they're new to me so maybe this review can give some fresh perspectives for other prospective users.

First off, they're very nicely packaged. Each "pad" is a series of "notes" stacked on top of each other. They're stacked so neatly it seems a shame to use them. It's SO neat in fact that I suspect a machine has been used (another job lost to robots - it started with the Fiat Strada, now this).

Each time you want to use the "notes" you take the top one from the "pad" and use it. Simple, effective, and very well thought out.

My first try was to use a "note" to do it's main job - "post-it". The "note" can be used as an effective address label according to the manufacturers. Not wanting to risk too much with my first try at the new technology, I wrote my own name and address on one (gee - they're a dream to write on by the way) stuck it to the front of an envelope and presto - it was ready to go in the mail. I thought I'd try sending myself "toast in the post", so slipped a piece of toast inside the envelope.

A week later and I still haven't received my toast. It's probably useless by now anyway as mould will have started to grow. I can only think the "post-it" didn't quite do its job for some reason. And this is where the problem lies for me with these "notes". The glue simply isn't very good. I suspect my address label came off in the sorting office, though I have to say it's possible the smell of the toast was too much for the postman and he helped himself to my snack. I just can't say for sure.

I've also used these as "notes" for about a week, and again I'm not very impressed. Each successive note has become buried under the previous on on the "pad". I'm sure there's some way round this (anyone?!?) but the "notes" are stuck pretty firmly together.

The most useful application I've found for the "pad" is to use it as one of those animated book things - you know the ones where you draw the same thing, but slightly different on each page, then flick the whole book to see your "cartoon"? Well, I did a version of "Steamboat Fatty" on my last pad and it came out great. Thanks 3M!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2011 10:50 AM GMT