Profile for coco98 > Reviews

Content by coco98

coco98 (cheshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ice Cream Recipes: 20 American Regional Favorites (American Regional Recipes / Cookbook Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars O k but a,bit sparse on recipes, 9 Jun 2013
I wish Amazon would point out if the recipes in . A book are in
U s measures, I don't like it!
This has very few recipes and not many I would use, the measures are confusing.

The White League
The White League
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Well painted picture of the racial prejudice of deep southern states, 11 May 2013
This review is from: The White League (Kindle Edition)
The plot is basically about a man's discovery of his father and peers very shady actions past and present, and his not so innocent past caught up with him.
I thought that this book was well written in parts ,but a bit cliched and the ending was all tied up quite satisfactorily, to be believable.
I gave this book a 3 rating because it kept me reading to the point where I didn't abandon it as I have with some recent unsatisfactory purchases.

Black Roses
Black Roses
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Right up my street, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Black Roses (Kindle Edition)
I would have given this book 5 stars but I was let down by the ending, I am presuming a sequel is in the offing, and if so I look forward to reading.
I like a great story based on historical fact, and this was , in spades.
Based in Berlin in the early years of the 3 rd Reich there was a lot to be learned about the Nazis attitude to controlling women,and their hideous policies.
During reading I was able to research some of the main characters in Wikipedia which really brought the story to life for me.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical fiction.

Fifty Dead Men Walking: The true story of an undercover agent inside the IRA.
Fifty Dead Men Walking: The true story of an undercover agent inside the IRA.
Price: 3.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting insight to the troubles, 1 April 2013
I was not entirely convinced of the authors motives when he was recruited by m I 5 . I read with incredulity of his spending spree with his savings from m I 5 either stupidly or suicidely oblivious to his actions drawing attention and suspicion on himself with the most hideous consequences.

The Rose Petal Beach
The Rose Petal Beach
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 1 April 2013
I enjoyed this book but was a bit frustrated at times because I felt that it was a bit long winded . I am not sure if I would recommend it.

The List of 7
The List of 7

4.0 out of 5 stars A tale of the unexpected, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: The List of 7 (Kindle Edition)
I was pleasantly surprised. On starting the book I thought it would be a straight forward mystery,but very quickly it takes on a very sinister supernatural element that is really gripping and quite scary . I thought the ending a bit abrupt,but enjoyed the ripping yarn non the less.

The Expats
The Expats
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting fast paced spy/crime novel, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Expats (Kindle Edition)
This book took a few pages to get me interested but then I couldn't put it down until I had finished it . Plenty of twists and turns as an ex cia agent retires to Luxembourg with her husband and children with his new job in banking security, then it all goes down hill.

The Best of Our Spies
The Best of Our Spies
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 27 Jan 2013
This book hooked me in from the start and I had to finish it in a weekend. The perfect novel fort me blending a gripping story with great historical detail.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3