Profile for plutoneta > Reviews

Content by plutoneta

plutoneta (Spain)

Trumpet Voluntary Level 6 Advanced Book with Audio CDs (3) Pack (Cambridge English Readers)
by Jeremy Harmer

5.0 out of 5 stars A great and unexpected surprise, 8 Jan. 2009
'Trumpet Voluntary', that title sounded strange to me when I saw it first. It was that kind of title that makes you don't expect to contain an interesting story after it at all. So I decided not to buy it for a while. After that, and having purchased other books of this Cambridge English Readers series at level 6, and having enjoyed them greatly, I bought 'Trumpet Voluntary' too.

The story catched me just as I started to listen to the first minutes of the cd. I didn't want to stop my player, I didn't want to reach the destination of my walk or my drive. I realized that, even with easy-language grammar and vocabulary, a story can be amazing and wonderful.

I recommend this story not only to learners of English (the man's voice of the cd is pretty easy to understand), but to all of you who like mystery and love tales.

The Reluctant Dragon (BBC Audio)
The Reluctant Dragon (BBC Audio)
by Kenneth Grahame
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm perfectly happy with this tale, 8 Jan. 2009
I am an English learner and usually listen to audiobook stories or tales in the car making my way to work or home. Up until now I used graded readers editions (from Cambridge or Oxford University press), but I decided to push it a step forward and try with some children's audiobook edited for English 'ears', not foreign ones. I've to say that, although I've enjoyed 'The Reluctant Dragon' a lot, it's not as easy-listening as graded edition I mentioned before. But, believe me, it's a beautiful story that worth all the time I'have (and will!!) spent on it.

Highly recommended.