Profile for H. Milne > Reviews

Content by H. Milne

H. Milne "Book Nut" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
A4 Inkjet Iron On Transfers Paper / T Shirt Transfers - Light T Shirt x 20 Sheets
Offered by Photo Paper Direct Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars The designs looked brilliant once applied, 6 Aug 2014
The designs looked brilliant once applied, but after one delicate wash the transfer was pitiful. I wish I could show you a picture. I will not be using this make of paper again and will probable write to the company as it is simply not fit for purpose. Like other folk here, I managed to burn one transfer as all the ink was not transferring. The other ten t sorts looked amazing, until washed!

Entry Island
Entry Island

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Entry Island (Kindle Edition)
very good book

Canon PG550/CL551XL High Capacity Cartridge - Multicolour
Canon PG550/CL551XL High Capacity Cartridge - Multicolour

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Aug 2014
Great product

Silhouette 8" x 12" Cutting Mat / Carrier Sheet (for the Cameo and Portrait)
Silhouette 8" x 12" Cutting Mat / Carrier Sheet (for the Cameo and Portrait)
Offered by yolö creative

4.0 out of 5 stars A little expensive, 4 Aug 2014
A bit pricey, but otherwise great

Silhouette Cameo FABRIC Blade Holder and Blade (SILH-BLADE-3)
Silhouette Cameo FABRIC Blade Holder and Blade (SILH-BLADE-3)
Offered by yolö creative

5.0 out of 5 stars +++, 4 Aug 2014
Great product

Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight and Find Your Path Back to Health
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight and Find Your Path Back to Health

2.0 out of 5 stars Too extreme for me, 4 Aug 2014
Although it starts off telling you why wheat is bad, by the end of the book I felt I was being advised to stop eating just about everything except Linseeds. Too extreme for me.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely print, 7 Feb 2013
It is just a little bigger design than I had anticipated, but very colourful. The butterflies are about 10cm across.

Kensington Protective Back Cover for iPad 2 - Clear
Kensington Protective Back Cover for iPad 2 - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 7 Feb 2013
No need to worry any longer about scratches. It fits well and can be charged with it being left on although you have to ease it a little out of the way to get the connector in.

Good Mood Food: Simple, Healthy, Home Cooking
Good Mood Food: Simple, Healthy, Home Cooking
by Donal Skehan

3.0 out of 5 stars A book for beginners only, 2 Jan 2013
After reading the wonderful reviews I bought this for my 21 y old son, but when I got it for him and saw the recipes I was really disappointed as the recipes were far too simple for his skill level. The recipes did not inspire me to try them and seemed, to me, to be aimed at perhaps teenagers with no cooking experience at all.

The obvious comparison to make is with Jamie Oliver, but my personal view is that Jamie uses unusual combinations of flavours that make me think "wow why didn't I think of that?" . To my mind Donal's recipes are too simple and run of the mil for anyone other than a student leaving home who has no cooking experience at all.

For my tastes and that of my son, a Jamie Oliver book was a better fit. If you want basic simplicity, then Donal might suit you.

Asus EeePC 1001PXD 10.1 inch netbook (Intel Atom N455 1.66GHz, 1Gb, 250Gb, WLAN, Webcam, Win 7 Starter) - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price., 17 Oct 2011
I bought this for a replacement for a Samsung N140 netbook I had stolen. At the time, the Asus was a little cheaper, but had great reviews so I decided to switch as it is also lighter than the Samsung. It arrived with a 3 cell battery which you could see running out of power as soon as you looked at it, so I had to buy a 6 cell battery as an add on. This is certainly better, but still does not compare favourably with the Samsung netbook battery which was phenomenal and worked for hours without needing recharging.

I tried to watch a BBC Iplayed episode of a fave programme, but it could not cope as the video was jerky.

I quite like the white exterior which does not show up fingermarks. The inside black finish has a slight marking on it which loooks cheap to me. The keyboard also felt "plasticky" and insubstantial at first, although I have got used to it.

It is brilliant that I can slip it in medium sized handbag. My main use is for dealing with my online shopping cart system for my website, emails (as I don't have a smart phone as yet), using it as a Kindle, and tweaking web designs when I am away from home. Great for using whilst in ones bed!

However if it was to get stolen I think I might go back to a Samsung which simply feels more substantially made and although it marks easily with finger prints I do like the shiny exterior of the Samsung!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2012 8:41 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2