Profile for Nicky Edwards > Reviews

Content by Nicky Edwards

Nicky Edwards (York)

Page: 1 | 2
Strange and Unexplainable Deaths at the Hands of the Secret Government: Dead Men Tell No Tales!
by Commander X.
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a case of read it if you dare, then just keep your head down and hope it's not yoohoo., 13 Dec 2013
Frightening to say the least - I am pleased I read it, but in the end there is not a damned thing we mere mortals can do about this state sponsored control. There are quite a few typos and the book could have done with a good edit before print. Focusses mainly on US people but the Kennedy chapter was very interesting.

Nature-C 36tabs
Nature-C 36tabs
Offered by Pharmacy Place

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nature-C 36tabs (Personal Care)
Love these - they are tangy and really refreshing. No awful after-taste that is usually associated with something like this. Great for teens (However a little 'tart' and sour, but if your kids like sour sweets they will love this)
A good way to boost Vitamin C levels - I carry mine in my handbag. I also have some in the car for when I am flagging on long journeys - they really do give a zing!
Super.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still holding - good so far!, 26 April 2013
Seems to be holding so far. Rave reviews from the product so we are hoping it keeps the fire exit bar on our metal fire exit door as nothing else would keep it in place and screws had failed (metal on metal).
Had to buy twice because the first one mysteriously disappeared off my desk at work... Such is life

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the runners amongst us, 22 April 2013
I am a member of a running club and some of the women run with tampons or other 'bulking agents' inside to stop leaks. I found that when I ran with my mooncup in position I would not leak, so I decided to try this. It is easy to use and has been very successful so I am more than happy with it. It has a 20 minute usage time, and I think if I run I will not spontaneously-combust if I use it longer, but I would have preferred to be able to use it for longer durations. There is another similar product called the inco-stress - (bigger and heavier than this one) one of the other women in our club tried it but it fell out and was lost down the toilet. So I think this is the best choice. Has a nice storage bag too and blurb says it should last 6 months - but I hope to get more mileage out of mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best foundation around!, 4 April 2013
Love this, my foundation of choice. Good coverage, although it doesn't look heavy it gives a great even tone and lasts all day. Can't praise it highly enough, although when it runs down the foundation gets caught in the corners. BF melts them down for me and I get extra mileage out of it.

Nail Enamel by Revlon Frankly Scarlet
Nail Enamel by Revlon Frankly Scarlet

4.0 out of 5 stars I think Revlon is the best in Nail Polishes, 15 May 2012
I've tried them all over the years - from expensive - Chanel, YSL, to the the cheap ones - No 7, 17 Miners et al, yet I still keep coming back to Revlon. I love the reds.
My only disappointment with this purchase was the colour - I could not ascertain if the colour was solid red or a pearlised one - sadly it was pearlised which would not have been my first choice but never mind.
Arrived the very next day.

Pathclear Season Long Weed Killer (3 Sachet)
Pathclear Season Long Weed Killer (3 Sachet)
Offered by Roukenglen UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Give it time, 11 May 2012
Initially I was not impressed with pathclear. However 3 months on and I can clearly see the area that was treated and the area that was not. So we have bought more and will do the entire block paved area. It has really stopped the grow back and formation of new weeds and seems to have reduced the green mossy bits too (its a shady drive). I really like block paved drives, but the weeds are a problem - especially if you are a bird feeder like me, but this does seem to offer a good treatment. Watered it onto the drive that borders my neighbours lawn, without any dire consequences so I will use this product again.

Skin Doctors Instant Eyelift 10 ml
Skin Doctors Instant Eyelift 10 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Formula change?, 11 May 2012
I think that some creams are changing, this doesn't seem like the same product I used a few years ago - (maybe its because I'm a few years older). I really wouldn't buy this again, seemed watery - I'll stick to Touche Eclat and try to drink more water.

Car Charger for Blackberry Torch 9800, 8520 Curve, 8900 Curve, Bold 9700, Curve 3G 9300, Pearl 3G, Storm, Storm2
Offered by POWERPLUS

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Price - But Useless, 10 May 2012
Initial review - What a bargain! I bought this car charged for just over £1 delivered. (Think it was £1.38)
Fabulous price, arrived the next day too. Awarded 5 stars.

After a month or so - I am back to add to this review and remove the 5 star rating - this stopped showing the chargiing light after a few uses, and it won't work at all now, no proper connection. So it is a waste of money I am afraid. Initially I gave it 5 stars thinking it was amazing value, sadly, you get what you pay for! Realistically they must be seconds and the sellers obviously gamble on the fact that for £1.38 we won't complain or demand a refund.

Vivid Nutrition High potency VITAMIN D3 - Premium Vitamin D Supplement 2000IU 120 softgels
Offered by Best Health Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars On a health kick, 10 May 2012
I'm on a health kick - I read about the power of a good vitamin d supplement so I went for this. Vitamin D is supposed to be good for us here in the Northern Hemispheres - lack of sunlight and all that. It is particularly good for muscles and bones, so I thought I would try it.
Small tablets (soft gel) - they are easy to take and leave no after taste. As with all vitamins its difficult to give a review because these things are not an instant fix!

Page: 1 | 2