Profile for Thatguyyouknowtheone > Reviews

Content by Thatguyyouknow...

Thatguyyouknowtheone

Quest Nutrition Cookies and Cream Quest Protein Bar (Pack of 12)
Quest Nutrition Cookies and Cream Quest Protein Bar (Pack of 12)
Offered by fly eagle

5.0 out of 5 stars On a Quest for good taste? Look no further..., 21 Sept. 2015
Something strange usually happens whenever you add protein powder into a food. You get one of three inevitable outcomes:

1. As chewy as Han Solo's wingman
2. As dry as a camels nose
3. As tasteless as a joke about a deceased relative

However, Quest have managed to make a protein bar that isn't only cake-like, but also tastes amazing.

Granted, being a protein bar, it is still a little bit dry. However it's not as bad as many others I've tried, and it doesn't have that overly chewy texture either. Needless to say, the taste is just sensational.

On top of that, it has favourable macros! That great taste doesn't come at a price (like it does in many other bars), so you don't have to worry about overshooting your macros whilst enjoying one.

All things being considered, the best tasting and best textured protein bar I've yet tried. Will buy (and eat) again and again.

Classic SuperFast Thermapen 3 professional food thermometer in teal colour
Classic SuperFast Thermapen 3 professional food thermometer in teal colour
Offered by ETI Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hot blooded, check it and see!, 21 Sept. 2015
Fast, accurate and effective. Gives good piece of mind when you're trying not to overcook that chicken but don't want to poison your guests. Best meat thermometer I've tried.

Yankee Candle Clean Cotton Medium Jar
Yankee Candle Clean Cotton Medium Jar

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells fantastic., 21 Sept. 2015
Smells just lovely, so what more could you ask for from a candle? I bought this because everyone was saying how great it smells... and it turns out they were right. Could sniff this thing for days. :)

Doiy Salami Notes - 1000 notes, red color
Doiy Salami Notes - 1000 notes, red color

3.0 out of 5 stars These are not 'Post-It' notes. No adhesive., 21 Sept. 2015
Please be aware, these are NOT post-it notes. They don't have any adhesive/glue on them so they will not stick to anything, they are simply circles of salami-esc paper.

Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic, however they cannot be used as post-it notes so I feel it's worth mentioning since I saw it nowhere in the item description.

Old Souls
Old Souls

5.0 out of 5 stars I wrote this review for you to see, that no other CD really matters much to me., 12 May 2015
This review is from: Old Souls (Audio CD)
Have had this album in my car on repeat for weeks and I haven't even begun to get tired of it. I loved Deaf Havana's last album but this really is a step up. Easily one of my favourite albums... from any band.

Not only are the songs great in themselves, but the lyrics are such masterpieces that you can't help but be caught up in them. Not enough bands focus on the quality of lyrics nowadays, but with Deaf Havana you really feel the meaning behind them.

Personally, Night Drives is not only my favourite song on the album, but my second favourite DH song of all time (Hunstanton Pier still reigns supreme. "In my heeaaart and in myyy soouuulll....")

So in other words, if you love Deaf Havana, you will love this album... and you can't help but love Deaf Havana.. so really you can't help but love this album.

Sci-Vation Xtend Raspberry Blue Powder 416g
Sci-Vation Xtend Raspberry Blue Powder 416g
Offered by Nature's Remedies

5.0 out of 5 stars I just wanted something tasty to drink as I worked out..., 12 May 2015
Do BCAA's actually do much? The debate rages on. However, if you're going to buy a BCAA product anyway, you might as well buy the tastiest one there is out there.

As far as I'm concerned, Scivation Xtend is the best tasting lifting-related supplement out there. At first when I tried the Blue Raspberry I thought I didn't like it quite as much as the oh-so-infamous Watermelon, but as time has gone on I've really grown to adore the stuff. I even drink it when I'm not lifting, sheerly because I like the taste and I think of it as a slightly more anabolic alternative to soft drinks.

Is there a tastier intra-workout out there? If there is, I haven't found it.

Did I mention how good it tastes?

York Fitness 13-in-1 Workout Bench
York Fitness 13-in-1 Workout Bench

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Workhorse of a Bench., 12 May 2015
I bought this bench just over 5 years ago. Since then it has been sitting outside on my patio along with my squat rack and weights, providing me the oh-so-stable platform that I crave whilst I pursue the gains we all desire. One thousand and one... one thousand and two... ooh that burn...

Anyway, the point is, this thing has been outside, uncovered, in my garden for 5 years of British weather! Rain, snow, ice, wind, bird feces... occasionally sunshine... you name it, it has seen it countless times.

By now the leather is all split, there is algae on the bottom, water soaks through to the inside, and it generally looks a bit of a state. But that's not the point! Sure I get a wet back when I use it post-rain, and sure the pins take a little bit more persuading than they did brand new... but the bench doesn't care.

You see, the bench looks at me and says "yeh, I may be a little worse for wear, but I still do the job you ask of me. I will forever be a bench, supporting you as you lift."... and he's right. he's never let me down, and I doubt he ever will.

So in other words, if you buy one of these and keep it indoors, it'll last you damn near forever. Even if you don't and you throw it to the elements as I did... it'll still last forever.

I'll write a follow up review in another 5 years. :)

The Art of Manliness - Manvotionals: Timeless Wisdom and Advice on Living the 7 Manly Virtues
by Brett McKay

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is as important as Testosterone in being a man., 9 Mar. 2012
...

Buy it.

"Oh but im not sure what it's about"
- I dont care. Im telling you to buy it.

"But I dont have £9 to spend on a book"
- Yes you do. And you are going to.

"It's not really my thing"
- Yes it is. Buy it.

"Im not a book person"
- Yes you are.

"But"
- Buy the book. Now.

You have no excuses. You have no options. You have no choice. Just buy it.

White Flocked Plastic Face Masks, Pack of 10
White Flocked Plastic Face Masks, Pack of 10

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Good Quality Masks, 28 Feb. 2012
I bought these because I'm a street dancer and so I wanted to get some to customise for myself for performances. I was actually amazed at how good quality these masks are, let alone at such an amazing price. They feel really sturdy, and the surface is easy to paint or draw on (with a permanent marker).

The only downside is that once I have it on, it rides down my eyes a bit so my vision is limited. However thats just probably a problem with my face and not the masks. Overall they are amazing, and I'd definately recommend them to anyone. =)

(I gave them a 1* for educational because that is not the reason I will be using them, no would I know how to use them in such a way, but its nothing personal against them.)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2012 12:01 AM BST

Bbe Punchbag - Blue / White, 3Ft
Bbe Punchbag - Blue / White, 3Ft

2.0 out of 5 stars Boxing bag contained dangerous items, 17 Jun. 2011
I bought this boxing bag and was initially impressed. Seemed sturdy enough considering the price.

However! I threw a solid punch at it the day I got it and hit my hand on something hard. Upon opening it I found a large, incredibly hard cardboard cone, that could do some real damage if hit hard enough.

I wrote to amazon about this and continued on my way. However, after kicking it near the bottom, I again hit my shin on something hard. I opened the bag and turfed out the innards (cut offs of clothes and fabric), and when i got about 3/4 of the way down, I found a very large pair of fabric scissors!

Needless to say, that's just flipping dangerous. Scissors + hard punches = Hospital.

Couple that with the poorly made "mitts" that offer no wrist protection and are uncomfortable to wear, and I personally would advise against this bag combo.

If youre on a budget and this is all you can afford, go for it, it is a well made punching bag considering how cheap it is. But open it up first and check the inside through and though, lest yee end up with a pair of scissors in your hand. And get a decent pair of bag gloves and hand wraps.