Profile for K J Noakes > Reviews

Content by K J Noakes

K J Noakes

Rocksmith - includes Real Tone Cable (PS3)
Rocksmith - includes Real Tone Cable (PS3)
Offered by 1stvideo
Price: 28.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 16 Feb 2014
I can't play guitar very well, but apart from a small lag, which of course is impossible to remove seeing as it has to analyze your guitar signal, it's great fun, will definittely help you learn guitar and I will probably buy Rocksmith 2014 as well.

100 x STRONG LARGE GREY POSTAL MAILING BAGS 12x16"
100 x STRONG LARGE GREY POSTAL MAILING BAGS 12x16"
Offered by Amico Packaging Leicester LTD
Price: 5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and good quality, 16 Feb 2014
I like this a lot. They are as strong as others I have bought before and will definitely be buying more when I need them.

Zyxel 500Mbps Micro Slimline Powerline Adapter (Twin Pack)
Zyxel 500Mbps Micro Slimline Powerline Adapter (Twin Pack)
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)
Price: 21.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Not reliable, 16 Feb 2014
Good while they lasted. I have 4 single point adapters and one 4 point hub.
Within one year 3 of the single point devices have failed.
Totally dead no power lights. All died the same way.

I took one apart to see if there was any obvious damage and there is none.

Our house has completely new wiring and I have checked every socket with a tester and there are no problems.

Suggest you try another brand, because the technology is great if it's reliable.

Wahl Clip N Rinse Cord Cordless Rinseable Rechargeable Hair Clipper Kit Black / Chrome 9639-017
Price: 19.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 2 Jun 2012
Great kit lots of attachments in different sizes. Seems well made, not flimsy, don't anticipate any problems with the product.

I'm comparing this to an old mains Wahl clipper I have and the base plate is very thick which means that you can't get a very close cut with it for say the back of the neck. I sometimes don't shave for a week or so and have heavy facial growth and used to use my old trimmers to trim it back before shaving with an electric razor. I can do this with these as the hair is too long to be shaved with an electric razor.

They are nice though and I'm still pleased I bought them.

Chicken Coop : 8-12 chickens, 3 nest boxes, 4 perches (BF04)
Chicken Coop : 8-12 chickens, 3 nest boxes, 4 perches (BF04)

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall not a bad product, 31 May 2012
We have 3 hens and they are more than happy in this coop. I have only two criticisms:
1) the timber is possibly a touch too thin and flimsy and there are a couple of lengths that have (out of the box) fairly long cracks that go all the way through the timber.
2)The slide out tray is not very deep, so unless you just use a smattering of wood shavings/bedding you can't really pull the tray out as all the material bunches up. I'm not an experienced poultry keeper, but I feel the depth of the tray is insufficient for my liking. We clean it out from the top and slide the tray out after we have removed most of the soiled material which slightly defeats the purpose.

I have never contacted the supplier about any of these issues as neither of these are show-stoppers.
Overall I think it's a good product and would recommend it.

Zing Air Z-curve Launcher
Zing Air Z-curve Launcher

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome toy...highly recommended!, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Zing Air Z-curve Launcher (Toy)
This is a powerful bow, but the arrows are well padded so don't hurt too much if they accidentally hit you.

My 10 year old daughter loves this. We bought a cheaper traditional wooden one for her last year and it was complete rubbish.

This bow is the ultimate bow and arrow toy, can't recommend it high enough.

2 (Twin Pack) x Anti Allergy "ULTRAFRESH" Treated Memory Foam Pillows, Guenine SERENITY VISCO 5000 Branded Item
Offered by The Linen Depot
Price: 15.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my Tempur pillows!, 19 Jun 2010
Yes they give off a "new plasticy" odour which is pretty powerful for a few days, but they really are fantastic pillows and the odour does diminish. They are firmer than my Tempur pillow but they really are comfortable. I used to use two pillows but now find that one is perfect.

Because they are made up of shredded foam you have some ability to mould them for extra comfort.
I have both the pre-moulded shaped tempur pillows and the particle ones like these and the particles ones are far more comfortable if you sleep on your sides.

Regardless of the fact that they are comparably priced to a pair of cheap foam pillows from, these are in a league above and would recommend you try them.

Gelert Double Flock Airbed
Gelert Double Flock Airbed
Price: 7.96

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but deflates over night, 31 May 2010
Bought two of these and I think the valve does not seal great.

Slept on them for two nights and both went down significantly.

One had three small kids sleeping on it and mine had two adults, in the morning my shoulder was touching the floor when I lay on my side.

I have tried a third night, and really almost abused the valve when I tightened it up and this time it still went down, but not as much.

Don't have experience of more expensive ones to know if they are better.

Toshiba RD88DT Freeview+ 160GB Hard Drive DVD Recorder 1080P Upscaling
Toshiba RD88DT Freeview+ 160GB Hard Drive DVD Recorder 1080P Upscaling

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed, 9 Nov 2008
Great picture quality, great features, but let down really badly by poor interface design. So... you can review channels from the program guide, but you can't then slect the channel you want to view from the program guide, you have to exit the program guide and type in the channel number!

there are lots of other badly designed features but this one to me was a show stopper and had me taking the recorder back....if you are recording a channel you CANNOT watch another channel whilst it's recording.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2009 1:48 PM GMT