Profile for TeePee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Barbapapa-Bordje 20 cm Barbabob Verf
Barbapapa-Bordje 20 cm Barbabob Verf

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant and sturdy, 27 Jun 2014
It has coped very well with being dropped and repeatedly being washed in the dishwasher. We have bought several different designs from this range and they are all good.

Safari: A Photicular Book (Photicular Books)
Safari: A Photicular Book (Photicular Books)
by Dan Kainen

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow oh wow, 27 Jun 2014
The BEST lenticular images ever. It's like something from Harry Potter.

Whilst the text is dense and detailed so more suitable for older children (maybe 8 or 9 or older), my children have loved just flicking through the pages (which are by necessity very sturdy) since they were about 3 years old.

The images:

Utterly fabulous.

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Say Please Tea Set
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Say Please Tea Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, even though it's pink, 27 Jun 2014
When I first saw this, I admit I shuddered. Pink. Plastic. Yuck. But I was wrong (in this case).

My kids received it as a gift when they were one. They still play with it 5 years later. It has not aged at all and is still popular with all young visitors, both boys and girls. It's allure for me, apart from not breaking despite being ravaged by twins for years, is the audio. When the lid is lifted or the tea poured, you get satisfying gurgling sounds or musical scales. There is also a learning-time option with a counting song, and a music-time option with two different songs about nice manners. The songs are all in English-English, my favourite (yes, I do hum it to myself at work) being set to an almost "Carry On..." tune: "Time to share a pot of tea, some for you, some for me, let's take turns and always say please and thank you".

It just makes me smile.

In campagna con i Barbapapą. Stickers gold 3
In campagna con i Barbapapą. Stickers gold 3

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 27 Jun 2014
As the dimensions state, this book is small - around the size of a typical Mr Men book. There are about 12 pages, roughly half of which are for stickers, the other half for colouring. The pages are quite sturdy which is good, but ever so slightly shiny so more suitable for felt tips than pencils or crayons. There are two sheets of stickers, about 40 all in all, but not even one of either Barbapapa or Barbamama. There are one or two of each of the Barbababies, some in their own shape, some transformed, along with a few insects, animals, flowers and trees.

My expectation was a book with words explaining things you might see in the countryside in Italian eg "Gli alberi" or "Le pecore". Instead, while "Fiume" and "Campo di mais" are mentioned, the text mainly comprises long instructions which are quite tricky for young learners eg "Completa l'illustrazione utilizzando gli stickers" and "Chi vuole riposarsi sull'amaca?"

In short, I'm not really sure who the target reader is for this book, but it's not really what I was after for my kids.

Hemline Hand Sewing Needles - Yarn, Plastic
Hemline Hand Sewing Needles - Yarn, Plastic
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for teaching pre-schoolers how to sew, 4 May 2013
Quite sturdy for little fingers but not too sharp. Perfect for using with embroidery thread and binca (material with big holes in it). My 4-year old girls and their friend (a 4-year old boy) immediately mastered threading these needles as well as sewing. They felt very proud of their work. Would recommend.

Successful Property Letting:How to Make Money in Buy-to-let
Successful Property Letting:How to Make Money in Buy-to-let
by David Lawrenson

5.0 out of 5 stars Constructive, practical advice, 4 May 2013
Indispensable if you are letting out a property yourself. Includes a sample contract, details of your legal obligations, a step-by-step walk through of the letting process from choosing a property to advertising to handing over the keys and managing the tenancy. Really useful. And hooray there's no waffle!

Essential Care Baby Repair Lotion 75ml
Essential Care Baby Repair Lotion 75ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for mild eczema in babies and children, 4 May 2013
This lotion is very and I would not hesitate to recommend it, particularly for very young children. I used this on my baby who had eczema all over her face when a few weeks old. I reapplied it frequently throughout the day and it soothed her and the eczema went away after a couple of days. Now she's a pre-schooler, it works on the eczema if I catch it early and reapply, but if she's scratched it, then I reluctantly resort to stronger prescribed creams.

Lulu Loves Nursery
Lulu Loves Nursery
by Camilla Reid

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - no interactivity!, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Lulu Loves Nursery (Paperback)
We have all the other Lulu books and they are all "utterly fabulous interactive books" with flaps and strings and fabric and beautiful illustrations. All 5 out of 5. However, in "Lulu Loves Nursery" there are no pop-up elements or flaps; the story is average and it just is not a patch on the others. We pre-ordered this weeks ago and the girls have really been looking forward to it. They were very disappointed there was no interactivity. Even the packaging failed: the book arrived with a long bend in it. If you're looking for a "Starting Nursery" book, I'd recommend "Going to Nursery" by Catherine Anholt and Laurence Anholt instead.

DJECO 'Elves' Large Wall Stickers
DJECO 'Elves' Large Wall Stickers

5.0 out of 5 stars Strikingly serene and beautiful, 11 Sep 2011
I've stuck these all the way around the girls' bedroom in a wobbly line formation and invariably get sighs of delight from visitors. The tallest sticker is about 50cm high, but most of them are either about 5cm or 10-15cm tall. If necessary, you can reposition them a few times, but after being in place for 2-3 years, one or two have started to peel a little at the edges. These stickers completely transform a room, look quite unique and not too girly. The patterns are intricate yet subtle, not super-intense, and go nicely against our cream walls, but would equally work with any pale colour-schemes.

12 Wafer Butterflies
12 Wafer Butterflies
Offered by Cupcake Avenue

4.0 out of 5 stars Natural looking and delicate, 6 Sep 2011
These arrived in perfect condition. They are delicate and natural looking, which is just what I was looking for. If you're looking for Disney/Barbie pink, these aren't for you. Before ordering, I was a bit worried about them breaking if I were to try folding up their wings, but a little groove down each body makes it very easy and they look very effective with their wings up. I bought the smallest pack (12-pack) which works out quite pricey, but I'd recommend getting a bigger pack and splitting it between birthdays and/or friends to get a better deal. It's 4 stars not 5 because, as with all these edible cake garnishes, the ingredients are not natural but instead comprise lots of E numbers.

Page: 1 | 2