Profile for Calum > Reviews

Samsung M2022 A4 Printer Xpress Mono Laser Printer
Samsung M2022 A4 Printer Xpress Mono Laser Printer
Offered by Cool Deals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative to Inkjet Printer, 11 Feb 2014
As my title suggests, this is a great alternative to an Inkjet printer, I have had a couple of Inkjet printers over the past couple of years and they have failed me, the first and oldest one just gave up the ghost with error lights and basically Epson said it meant one or more components had reached the end of its lifecycle. Had another 3-in-1 Epson which would be fine for a while then start printing in a shade of pink and sometime tinted in blue, ran the head cleaning various times, got it right once and then failed second time round. Anyway, enough about my past experience with Inkjets. After looking around in search of a printer that would do what I need it do do, and do it properly, I decided on this Samsung model, at a price that was hard to beat and a Genuine Toner coming in @ just over £35 for a 1000+ page printing quantity I went for it, comes with a 500+ page starter Toner which is a bonus :) I only need it to print postage stamps from my Royal Mail account and the occasional document and this is suiting really nice. Comes with both UK and US power lead but no cable, had one from previous printer, nothing to moan about here! Print quality is excellent, no drying times or waiting because it prints so fast, like someone else pointed out on an earlier model, my first use of the printer with a document, the paper came out so fast I thought it had just fed the paper through without actually printing! It does smoke a little when the print is coming out, but this is fine, the paper and toner are fused @170 degree's! Plus I have old paper that had been sat around that would be cold/moist. Anyway, great printer, great price, cheap to run, does the job without getting the hump! Recommended!

Verbatim 43551 4.7GB 16x DVD+R Matt Silver 100 Pack Spindle
Verbatim 43551 4.7GB 16x DVD+R Matt Silver 100 Pack Spindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 17 Jan 2014
Good product that does the job well, will always be second best to JVC Taiyo Yuden though, that's a personal preference.

Samsung BD-F5100 Network Blu-ray and DVD Player
Samsung BD-F5100 Network Blu-ray and DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Fantastic price., 17 Jan 2014
Having recently purchased a Samsung SMART LED TV, I was looking to add a blu-ray into the mix so I could build a nice collection of my favourite movies. I naturally went for a Samsung model, namely this one, as I didn't need the SMART features or the 3D, to compliment my TV.

It does that job fantastically well, playing blu-rays. There is no whiny noises, there is no start-up cranking as mentioned in other reviews, either they have the ears of a bat or they are picky, very picky. I haven't noticed any noise in any situation so far

Highly recommended!

The Godfather [Blu-ray] [1972]
The Godfather [Blu-ray] [1972]
Dvd ~ Marlon Brando

5.0 out of 5 stars The most Iconic film ever made., 17 Jan 2014
Tell me a movie that is more famous than this. Tell me a movie that has had more parodies spinned off its storyline than this. Tell me one movie that has been as quoted as a much as this. The answer is you can't. No movie has had as much of an impact as The Godfather has had ever since it was released.

The acting was simply amazing, what else could you say. What could be more appealing to people (even today) than watching actors like Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, James Caan, Diane Keaton, Talia Shire and Robert Duvall. This is like heaven for someone who is a fan of movies. With this movie Brando was able to bring himself back into the limelight. His performance as the godfather alone is iconic. His character has been recreated so much in films that it has almost if it has not already become a cliché. His performance though was not a cliché. His performance was subtle and breathtaking. It was so genuine and realistic that it was not just probably but definitely more genuine than Marlon Brando himself. Al Pacino was perfect for this film as well. What a way to start up your career. His character was all about depth and he displayed it perfectly. He was able to display his own inner-battles in his mind as well as the battles he had with his family, friends and enemies. His character was more of a psychological character study than anything else to me. Robert Duvall to me was the glue to the movie. He added a different perspective to everything in just that he was not Italian yet having the respect of the mafia. His character is a man of high authority within the Corleone family who was listened to and insightful;. This was simply perfect giving the film great balance throughout. The rest of the cast was just icing on the cake.

The writing was phenomenal and breathtaking. As mentioned before there has been no movie quoted more than this. It is not even the quotes though that makes the writing in here so perfect. It is the symbolism and meaning that went into every scene. There are countless symbols, messages and lines in here that are so memorable yet it is as realistic as a movie could get.

The directing by Coppola was perfect as well. Not many movies can be 3 hours and yet maintain a good level of interest from the audience like The Godfather. Coppola deserves credit for this. The symbolism and messages that went into every scene also has to do with the directing not just the writing. The movie is so well edited and strung together that the only word that could come to my mind is perfection.

The cinematography and music were perfect. The score of this movie is one of the most memorable ever. If you were to hear it you could identify it right away. The cinematography was what actually really drove this movie. The Godfather seems to have this mystique to it, it gives you the feeling you are watching something truly remarkable.

The horse's head, the scene of Brando running with his groceries, the coffee shop scene, "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse" and countless other scenes and quotes from this movie have become a part of our culture. These scenes and lines have been recycled over and over again in comedies, commercials, etc. that it is impossible to avoid the greatness of The Godfather. The Godfather is like a disease once you see it you fall in love with it.

Leather Bus Pass Holder, Oyster card, ID cover, Photo ID Window (Brown)
Leather Bus Pass Holder, Oyster card, ID cover, Photo ID Window (Brown)
Offered by Just4ugifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job intended, 17 Jan 2014
I bought this to keep my all day bus tickets clean and dry throughout the day whilst I am at work, this does the job well.

SanDisk SDCZ50-004G-B35 CZ50 4GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive
SanDisk SDCZ50-004G-B35 CZ50 4GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and does most jobs you need it to, 17 Jan 2014
I don't know how you could poorly review items like this, it beats me.
Sticks like this are very good for normal use which is for me, copying items from one place to another, keeping small files backed up 'Just in case' or storing movies on to plug into my TV. All of which it does very well, as do most cheap USB sticks.
Transfer speeds jog along nicely but f you want blistering speed then don't be buying ones of these and complain about it.

Klastor NEW Pink Rugged Girls Kids Android 4.1 Tablet PC 4gb WiFi - ideal christmas or birthday gift with Kid Market and parental Controls - Google Play store can be password protected (Pink 4gb)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very well made amongst other things, 17 Jan 2014
We bought this for my nearly 3 year old because she has been using my BlackBerry Playbook for the past year or so, namely to watch Peppa Pig, Charlie and Lola amongst others and also for a few games such as Angry Birds and Need for Speed but it's well known that the BlackBerry apps are scarce and not much to offer albeit a great device.

So, we bought this one based on most of the great reviews on here and the following points;

#1 It's pink and more child-like
#2 It's Android meaning WAY more apps and games compared to BlackBerry
#3 It's pretty cheap when you look at others

But as the saying goes "You get what you pay for.."

I feel slightly robbed of £60 as I don't feel this price is accurate for what I received.
- The negatives are;
- The casing (feels nice and slick but too many sharp bits and ultimately not a friendly finish overall, needs sanding),
- The buttons are "Click" literally making a plastic-y loud snappy click, the volume keys are the wrong way round (the left one turns volume up and the right one turns volume down, guess the Chinese do things differently),
- I would call the software "Clunky" but Android isn't, so I'm gonna put it down to the nasty hardware being used, it's painfully slow, even for my daughter who notices the difference between swiftly swiping around on the PlayBook and repeatedly attempting to touch the screen on this thing, everything is slow, don't bother with the games from the app store, you'll open them and most will run like you have just loaded Crysis on a netbook. The apps, however, run quite well aside from the poor screen, which is awful, it only looks good when it's slightly tilted back, if you look at it and tilt it, it turns 'Negative', plus it doesn't even fit the device, approx 1-2mm is covered by the plastic casing at the top end.
- Battery life, well, when it's dead you'll be looking at charging it for a few hours right? Do that and come back..... still hasn't given it enough power to fully turn on, it will keep turning the screen on and off with the 'Battery' image on screen indicating that it's charging so we gave it 24hrs, by then it had roughly 75%, woohoo, it didn't even last a few hours of normal use! The icon was soon down to showing a tiny amount of battery after no time, back to charging....

End of this 'review' is basically just avoid if you want you or your child to enjoy this, the likes of Apple, Android and BlackBerry could cater for the younger people one day but until then stay clear of these awful attempts, I bought the PlayBook for the same price and its brilliant, would send this back but for now its in the drawer as a back-up to the PlayBook.

Verbatim 43351 700MB 52x CD-R Extra Protection 50 pack Spindle
Verbatim 43351 700MB 52x CD-R Extra Protection 50 pack Spindle

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 17 Jan 2014
These do the job well when I cannot source my usual JVC Taiyo Yuden discs, so they are abit second best in my world, but like I said inn the title, they do the job.

Verbatim 43500 16x DVD+R - Spindle 25 Pack
Verbatim 43500 16x DVD+R - Spindle 25 Pack
Offered by Espace-Disque

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 17 Jan 2014
I resort t these when I cannot find JVC's Taiyo Yuden discs so they are abit second best nut like I said in the title, they do the job.

Inkrite PhotoPlus Premium Paper Matt 120gsm A4 (100 sheets)
Inkrite PhotoPlus Premium Paper Matt 120gsm A4 (100 sheets)
Offered by Global Toners

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good paper., 17 Jan 2014
This paper is great for every use other than the obvious (photo prints) I used to print DVD covers using the Photo/Text mode to balance the Ink load on the paper and eve on that setting the paper became wet and wrinkly but dried okay, holds and shows a lot more colour than glossy and text looks incredible on this paper.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3