Profile for Trance-Elbow > Reviews

Content by Trance-Elbow

Trance-Elbow

D-Link DNS-320 - DNS-320 ShareCenter 2-Bay Network Enclosure (No Disks)
D-Link DNS-320 - DNS-320 ShareCenter 2-Bay Network Enclosure (No Disks)
Offered by LambdaTek ComponentShop

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy, 25 April 2014
I bought this NAS the replace a single drive Seagate which failed 20 minutes out of warrantee!!!!! Seagate were not interested in helping me with it.

It arrived quite quickly in an enormous box full of packing material. It was about four times larger than it needed to be.

Setting it up was a breeze and only took about 10 minutes. I used the 2TB sata drive that I extracted from the dead Seagate NAS, which appears so far to be fine. I plan to add a second 2TB drive in RAID 1 configuration soon.

It connected to my network and I was able to map it to a logical drive with no fuss or drama at all. The Seagate by comparison was a real pain that required slow software to be installed on every machine. Not on the DLink.

The only thing I haven't yet solved is how to share music to my Xbox360, but overall it's fast and reliable. I am very impressed with its simplify and lack of fuss. It just works, which it exactly what I want 8-)

Which Mac Should I Buy?
Which Mac Should I Buy?

4.0 out of 5 stars Manginally Useful, 25 April 2014
I downloaded this book as a way of getting advice on which iMac I should buy. It was mostly useful in its explanation of CPU vs RAM and the effect my choices would have on the computers overall performance. However, it failed to pint out that the lastesr version 21.5" iMac doesn't have an external memory upgrade slot like the 27" version. It also fails to mention that the 21.5" iMac is available with the Intel i7 CPU. Overall though it offered good value for money. Mine copy was free.

The Dance of the Voodoo Handbag (Completely Barking Mad Trilogy Book 2)
The Dance of the Voodoo Handbag (Completely Barking Mad Trilogy Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Rambling, 18 Oct 2012
So far I've read about 1/3 of Roberts Books and generally enjoyed all of them. However, I felt that this one is probably my least favourite so far. It tended to jump about and ramble a little too much for my liking. Most of the chapters started with some almost pointless poetry.

It's a shame as the subject matter is quite good overall, but it could have been executed at little better.

It won't however stop me reading more of Roberts works, as I want to read all of his books now they are all availble on the Kindle.

Exorcism of the Species: Stealth series part two
Exorcism of the Species: Stealth series part two

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Absorbing Gem, 22 Sep 2012
Gale's second book is far deeper and darker than her first and is definitely not for the faint hearted. It takes you on what is quite a fast moving journey through this realm and into the next. Along the way there are perils, twists and turns to be negotiated. Of course there is that sudden, unexpected sting in the tail (or is it tale?) which opens the way for the next instalment.

This very impressive second book goes to show that Gale is neither a one trick Pony or one hit wonder. I very much look forward to her next book.

Fabled Enigma: Stealth series part one
Fabled Enigma: Stealth series part one

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent First Outing, 9 Mar 2012
I really enjoyed this book. The pace and scene setting were very good. It reminded me a little of Robert Rankin's work, but without his daft humour. I found the book very easy to read and difficult to put down. In fact it was infinately more readible than anything I've read by Terry Pratchett. One thing I did wonder was how much of the story was based on fact and how much on Fiction? At times it did seem quite plausable, which is a scarey thought in itself!

Overall, I thought it was a very good first outing by this obviously talented and promising author. I look forward to her next book with bated breath, but make sure you keep your crytals charged up in readiness.

To sum up - This book is a must read. Buy it, you won't regret it!

Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, EVO 3D
Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, EVO 3D
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars The One That HTC Should Have Fitted!, 4 Aug 2011
When I received my HTC Sensation I was very impressed with the phone, but woefully disappointed with the battery life. I would have glady had a slightly bigger and heavier phone to allow for a better battery. The stock battery was only lasting me on average 11 hours before needing a charge. I actually came quite close to returning the phone as faulty until I realised that this 1900mAh battery was availible.

I can now use my phone all day without having to reach for the charger. This one is a vast improvement over the stock 1520mAh battery. However, I still think HTC need to take a serious look at their battery size and capacities. After all, my iPhone 3GS could last about 2 days before going flat and that was after 18 months of daily use!

Therefore I would highly recommend this battery as a vast improvement over the original one. At this price you can hardly lose.