Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Phillip Stallard > Reviews

Content by Phillip Stallard

Phillip Stallard

Britain's Lost Cricket Grounds: The Hallowed Homes of Cricket That Will Never See Another Ball Bowled
by Chris Arnot

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost Grounds, 7 Nov. 2011
I first became aware of this book when Chris Arnott asked me to contribute to the chapter on Rodney Parade, Newport.

As I spent many hours there with Newport Cricket Club, I was pleased to do so, and he's faithfully painted a picture of the ground as it was. However, he's done more that that as he's included several other grounds (Stroud and Imperial Tobacco) that I also knew well, and his portraits of them are very good as well.

Reading through the book, I became aware that I really would have liked to visit (and score at) most, if not all, of them. This is because they were all, in their own way, full of history and places that were attractive to visit and watch cricket in.

I would certainly recommend this book to anyone who's interested in cricket (and, for that matter, social) history, and congratulate Chris on his achievement.

Phillip Stallard