Profile for jill from the hood > Reviews

Content by jill from the hood

jill from the hood

The Great Deformation
The Great Deformation
by David Stockman

5.0 out of 5 stars Controversial and thought provoking, 10 May 2013
This review is from: The Great Deformation (Hardcover)
It is all in the journey . David Stockman questions and dissects what we have taken for granted for decades as to why the country has ended up in the financial mess we are in. Definitely worth reading. Get ready to be re educated.

21 Speeches That Shaped Our World: The people and ideas that changed the way we think
by Chris Abbott

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a book worth reading, 8 Aug 2012
21 Speeches That Shaped Our World is tied together with great insight. The preface to each speech is written with great knowledge and reminds the reader of not only the historical context but why it was chosen and how it shaped our world. The speeches selected were great choices. I thought I might be bored but it has been a pageturner. I hope you will publish a sequel.

Put Your Mindset to Work: The One Asset You Really Need to Win and Keep the Job You Love
by James Reed

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful tool, 14 Sep 2011
I think this book hits the right chord. A new and clever way of approaching how to get ahead in business. Why do two people with the same skillset achieve different degrees of success? It really is mindset and how to have the right attitude. Well done to the authors for writing a book that is easy to read and inspiring.

Out of the Blue
Out of the Blue
by Daniel Peltz

5.0 out of 5 stars surprised, 14 May 2011
This review is from: Out of the Blue (Hardcover)
A friend gave me this book because he knew I loved war stories. It was really a wonderful, highly emotional and well constructed novel. A great read.

Faulks on Fiction
Faulks on Fiction
by Sebastian Faulks

5.0 out of 5 stars Faulks never disappoints, 5 Feb 2011
This review is from: Faulks on Fiction (Hardcover)
This is a perfect book to take on holiday or read on the plane. It is easy to read but makes you think about fiction in another way. It is true that characters from fiction define the world we live in. A wonderful read.