Profile for M. Morton > Reviews

Content by M. Morton

M. Morton "A Reader" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kamry K1000 Duo GENUINE Luxury Electronic Traditional E Pipe
Kamry K1000 Duo GENUINE Luxury Electronic Traditional E Pipe
Offered by PELI Store

5.0 out of 5 stars ... years I have tried to switch from my much loved pipe to vaping, 9 Oct. 2015
For the past couple of years I have tried to switch from my much loved pipe to vaping. Unfortunately, the e-devices I have purchased have either leaked e-liquid or been too fiddly to be practicable. Now, having been warned by my dentist that my pipe smoking has affected the roof of my mouth (with potential, serious consequences), I have tried again. This product is great. Easy to set up, easy to fill, and no leakage. Also, the style is tasteful. A modest price to boot!

Just be aware that you must purchase your own e-liquid. It does not come supplied.

Specially Selected Parsons Laverbread Tin 3 x 120 g
Specially Selected Parsons Laverbread Tin 3 x 120 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 9 July 2015
I lived in Swansea for over 10 years, and would buy lavabread from the market. Delicious cooked with bacon and cockles, and served with fried eggs and toast. The tinned variety is not as good, but still delicious. For those who cannot buy the fresh stuff, this is more than a decent alternative.

Sony Pocket Size Portable Am/Fm Radio With Built-In Speaker
Sony Pocket Size Portable Am/Fm Radio With Built-In Speaker
Offered by JL K÷NIG FOTO

5.0 out of 5 stars if I am listening to the radio at night I find the DAB radios emit a very annoying hum. Not so with a FM radio, 9 April 2015
Although I have a number of DAB radios around the house, I wanted a small radio I can carry with me from room to room, especially first thing in the morning. Also, if I am listening to the radio at night I find the DAB radios emit a very annoying hum. Not so with a FM radio.So I ordered this little chap. When it arrived in its vacuum packaging, it looked a bit cheap and nasty. However once freed from the plastic, it looked a lot better. It works extremely well, and for such a small radio has excellent sound. At this price, you can't go wrong. Strongly recommended.

Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Entertainment, 12 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Pale Rider (Amazon Video)
This film is obviously derivative (Shane etc) and is full of cliches. However, it is good entertainment. Always good to see Clint in action. The supernatural aspect to the story gives an interesting twist, and leaves one wondering about the 'Pale Rider's' history, and his nature.

In Plain Sight: The Life and Lies of Jimmy Savile
In Plain Sight: The Life and Lies of Jimmy Savile
by Dan Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 6 Oct. 2014
I heard about this book on the Jeremy Vine programme on Radio 2. Vine said how he had just read it, and how good and disturbing it is.

When it comes to books, it is during the first chapter that I normally decide whether to carry on reading or not. This work had me glued from the start. It is extremely well written, and has all the tension of a well crafted novel.

Some of the chapters (dealing with BBC and Police procedures/investigations) are a bit detailed, but the revelations about Savile and his connections with the Establishment are mind boggling. Recommended!

Self-Help for Your Nerves: Learn to relax and enjoy life again by overcoming stress and fear
by Dr. Claire Weekes

5.0 out of 5 stars An immense help and comfort, 20 Mar. 2014
I first read this book over 30 years ago. I was suffering from depression and anxiety, and really thought I was going mad. Claire Weekes reassured me, and offered practical advice that was very helpful. Although my recovery was slow (and I still need to take medication), this book was a psychological/emotional first aid manual. If you find yourself depressed or anxious, and don't know where to turn, do read this book. If you have a relative or friend going through a 'nervous breakdown' read this book, and then give it to them. Highly recommended. I'm sure it has saved many lives.

Asus V550CA-CJ104H 15.6-inch Touchscreen Notebook (Intel Corei3-2365U 1.4GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD 5400rpm, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Integrated Webcam, Windows 8 Home)
Offered by Citadel_09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good computer - pity about MS Windows., 1 Feb. 2014
Having read the usual reviews, I purchased this laptop for its performance, touch-screen capability, and reasonable price. I have not been disappointed. It has a good screen, excellent keyboard etc. A good buy.

Unfortunately, the Windows 8 it came with was a nightmare. Subsequently, I took advantage of free online download of Windows 8.1. Took nearly 5 hours to download! There is no doubt that the update is better than its immediate predecessor, but I can't help but feel the MS geeks are getting a bit too clever. Those of us who wish to use their computers for basic emailing and word processing are finding it increasingly difficult. Many hours wasted trying to sort things out. One particular bugbear, despite repeated attempts I cannot get Windows 8.1 to recognise my printer. Grrr!

TomTom GO LIVE 825 5" Sat Nav with Europe Maps (45 Countries) (discountinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars You could do better..., 6 Nov. 2013
I bought this device just over two years ago. Within the first few months it gave up on me during a journey, and I spent several hours trying to find where I was. My wife thought I'd had an accident! The bug was subsequently fixed online. Since then, it has worked reasonably well. Sadly, I've recently tried to update (at wasted cost), and have been unable to do so, despite telephone advice from customer support. If you want a reliable device which is easy to upgrade, you could do better.

Henry Extra Vacuum Cleaner 240v Red
Henry Extra Vacuum Cleaner 240v Red
Offered by AvernCleaningSupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 18 Oct. 2013
Excellent service from the supplier. Dispatched from Glasgow on the day of order and delivered less than 24 hours later. The cleaner itself is great - no fiddly assembly, easy to use, and very powerful. The turbo head makes easy work of pet hair. I am very pleased. Just be aware that this is quite a heavy machine, and not for those who need something lighter.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great on chips, 13 Oct. 2013
I lived in Germany for a few years, and came to realise that the British passion for salt and vinegar on chips is not universally appreciated across the EU. Instead, chips are sprinkled with various dry seasonings. These preserve crispness and avoid soginess, and they taste great. In the UK, Aromat is the easiest of such seasonings to find and buy. It is available from most supermarkets, and is quite cheap.

After cooking your chips, put them in some kind of strainer and give them a good shake to dry them off. Then sprinkle with the Aromat (not too much!) and shake again. The result is wonderful. You won't go back to salt and vinegar, unless you are forced to do so by your local chippy.

Aromat dusted chips taste great with side condiments such as mayo, mustard,or ketchup (either red or brown). Enjoy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3