Profile for BETTYMAC > Reviews

The Falcon's Bride
The Falcon's Bride
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars The Falcon's Bride, 10 July 2014
Not a bad plot and it made an interesting read, but with all of the time spent going back and coming forward in time I was beginning to feel a little travel sick and disoriented so I would have liked it to be more realistic, but at least there were no long spaces an misspellings, which are occurring in a lot of books I have downloaded, but keep up the good work Dawn I will certainly give your other books a try.

The Open Door (Collected Ghost Stories of Charlotte Riddell): 14 spooky Victorian tales from a mistress of the genre
Price: 0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The Open Door, 1 July 2014
First let me say I love a good ghost story and I was thrilled to see a collection of them, but once I started to read I was disappointed to find they were not spooky frightening or scary, I soldiered on and continued reading thinking the rest of the stories would be different but I am sorry to say they were not thus the two stars.

Broken Dolls (A Jefferson Winter Thriller)
Broken Dolls (A Jefferson Winter Thriller)
Price: 1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Broken Dolls, 23 Jun 2014
Not one of the best Thriller that I have read, but it was not too bad, the story line was good and so what if one or two mistakes were made at least I kept on reading until I finished the book and I was not disappointed, so James do not be put off, practice makes perfect and I will try another of your books.

Angel Of Death: A Crime Thriller With a Unique Premise
Angel Of Death: A Crime Thriller With a Unique Premise
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Angel of Death, 15 Jun 2014
This is the first time I have read one of Ben Cheetham's books and I must say I always enjoy a good thriller and I certainly enjoyed this one, it was a page turner, well done Ben I look forward to reading more of your works.

Killing Hope - (Gabe Quinn Thriller #1)
Killing Hope - (Gabe Quinn Thriller #1)
Price: 2.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Killing Hope, 7 Jun 2014
A well written fast pacy book with plenty of twists and turns, I always enjoy a good thriller and have added this one to my list.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2014 5:20 PM BST

A Deadly Haunting: Based a True Story told by Deborah Moffitt
A Deadly Haunting: Based a True Story told by Deborah Moffitt
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Deadly Haunting, 7 Jun 2014
A well written story and well put together, not as scary as I thought it would be, but because it was written by a third party who had not actually been through some of the happenings and as the memories sometimes fade as time passes it almost becomes like a campfire story and I found it hard to believe it actually happened.
Having said that I enjoyed the read.

Head on
Head on
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Head On, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Head on (Kindle Edition)
Not the pacy book I thought it was, so I was a bit disappointed and all of the mistakes sort of put me off, but I tried to ignore them, the plot was okay but nothing remarkable for the price it should have been better.

The Three Disgraces Series
The Three Disgraces Series
Price: 4.11

3.0 out of 5 stars The Three Disgraces, 30 May 2014
A pleasant read about three friends, each with their own story to tell and cleverly intermingled, it was not outstanding but it passed a few hours pleasantly, so what more can you ask from a book, keep up the good work Elena.

The Savage Tide
The Savage Tide
Price: 1.85

3.0 out of 5 stars The Savage Tide, 14 May 2014
This review is from: The Savage Tide (Kindle Edition)
An okay story but a little mundane, I sort of knew how it would end, with a little more thought and a bit of tweaking it could have been a better romance.

The Widow File (A Dani Britton Thriller)
The Widow File (A Dani Britton Thriller)
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The Widow File, 14 May 2014
The plot was well thought out with some nice twists and turns but the timeline was disappointing, to much happened in such a short time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7