Profile for Linda Kenny > Reviews

Content by Linda Kenny

Linda Kenny

Page: 1 | 2
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 26 April 2015
Having never left a book unfinished I had to struggle through and finish what I believe to be one of the dullest story lines I have ever read. I have recently began to read the genre of "thriller" and yet this did not thrill. The main character Strike is likeable and believable but that other than that the book was boring and the premise of Quines book was just weird.

The Devil in the Marshalsea
The Devil in the Marshalsea

4.0 out of 5 stars I love historical fiction, 15 Dec. 2014
These are my favourite books. Based on real events well researched. Started to read the book and couldn't put it down. Great characters, believable and even ended up liking Fleet. If you enjoy Ken Follett you will like this book.

Rage Against the Dying
Rage Against the Dying

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 21 Feb. 2014
I was initially worried about the graphic violence but was so caught up in the story I was able to get over it. I thought I had guessed the killer several times but was wrong on every count. Nice to have an older heroine who was sharp and witty. A thoroughly gripping book and would recommend it highly.

Spare Brides
Spare Brides

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Spare Brides (Kindle Edition)
Have always been a fan of Adele's books,however found this story to be slow,dull and not really going anywhere. The references to the war and associated issues were interesting but the characters were not. I struggled to finish the book which turned out to be a very predictable end. What a shame!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2014 12:00 PM GMT

The First Casualty
The First Casualty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 28 Oct. 2013
Loved every page. If you like historical fiction you will love this book!!!! War details are interesting and well researched. Well done Ben Elton

The Carrier: Culver Valley Crime Book 8
The Carrier: Culver Valley Crime Book 8

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 18 Oct. 2013
I love reading but this was a long winded and slow laborious read. The characters were a bit pathetic and a nothing story, I feel like I have wasted three evenings.

Two Brothers
Two Brothers

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Two Brothers (Kindle Edition)
I do not often bother writing reviews but this book has made me very emotional. I am a teacher of history and enjoy historical fiction and recommending books to students, this book is up there with Ken Follett. Spanning Hitler's rise and time in power it gave you the personal and troubled journey if the two brothers. The female character of Dagmar was annoying at times but also reflected the selfishness that some of us have. I will now read another of Ben's book about C.O.s in World War 1. Enjoy.

The Never List
The Never List

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Never List (Kindle Edition)
Looking forward to six weeks of summer holidays I decided to branch out from my normal genre of historical fiction. I was not disappointed . I started this book at 8am and finished it in the same day. Whilst the content may at first appear a little depressing this book makes reference to the girls capture but is in fact a packet thriller that will keep you gripped

The Rose Petal Beach
The Rose Petal Beach

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted, 8 Mar. 2013
I really enjoyed this book. From the opening page you are gripped with what will happen next. An unexpected ending which added to the books appeal. I have recommended to all my reader friends.

1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off
1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and witty, 3 Mar. 2013
Me and my children loved it I would totally recommend and it was a free read some of the funniest things I know are from this really good

Page: 1 | 2