Profile for H. Anderson > Reviews

Content by H. Anderson

H. Anderson (Birmingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It works. And seems to stop dye transfer., 28 Oct. 2014
Bought this primarily to stop denim dye transfer to a pale pink Chloe bag (used this before as recommended by Mulberry). It does seem to work, and although does leave a coating you can "feel" - it's almost tacky, it doesn't affect the colour of the leather. Haven't been out in pouring rain yet, but I know this works.

OPI Gelcolor -Gel Colour - THANKS A WINDMILLION - 15ml [Misc.]
OPI Gelcolor -Gel Colour - THANKS A WINDMILLION - 15ml [Misc.]

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit meh., 19 Aug. 2014
Not a great green - not witchy, but a bit meh. Probably use for Halloween.

OPI Polish All Sparkly and Gold Nail Polish
OPI Polish All Sparkly and Gold Nail Polish

5.0 out of 5 stars Dense gold glitter polish, 19 Aug. 2014
Really great dense gold glitter nail varnish. Two coats and my nail is almost fully covered.

OPI Gel Pompeii Purple Nail Polish
OPI Gel Pompeii Purple Nail Polish

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper Barbie pink., 19 Aug. 2014
Great colour - proper Barbie pink with a slight iridescence! Love it.

Yurbuds Inspire Female Performance-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones - Pink/White
Yurbuds Inspire Female Performance-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones - Pink/White

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great in the wind., 19 Aug. 2014
As with other reviews, these are great in that they stay in your ear and don't budge. I'm not a long distance runner, but do four runs a week and no bother at all.
Some have complained about taking them out and losing the little bits that fit into your ear - I would say twist them out the other way (i.e. the opposite twist to when you "twist and lock" them in) and it works fine.
But, I went out for my first run last night in a stiff breeze, and it felt like I was in a wind tunnel! Not great in the wind, and a lot of whooshing noise.

OPI Gel OPI scores a Goal Nail Polish
OPI Gel OPI scores a Goal Nail Polish

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colour for autumn, 19 Aug. 2014
Great colour - like a chocolately, berry brown. Lovely for autumn.

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Teal
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Teal

4.0 out of 5 stars Glorified pedometer?, 19 Aug. 2014
It's ok. I use it as it syncs with MyFitnessPal and MapMyRun so gives a good overview of fitness and calories, but if I wasn't using these two programmes, it's really just a glorified pedometer.
You can't use the food tracker as this is a US version (hence using MFP instead) and it does this odd thing where it massively overestimates your calories need. i.e. I have set MFP and Fitbit to 1400 cals per day to lose weight. However, Fitbit takes account of your activity and whats to add additional calories to make up for this! Some days, Fitbit will tell me I can eat 2,400 cals! If you're not sure how calories work in terms of weight loss, you could end up over eating!
I also don't use the sleep monitor anymore as I forget to send it to sleep and wake it up. I also don't monitor my fluid intake (a function on Fitbit). However, I do use it to keep track of my activity, and get upset when I haven't reached my 10,000 step goal.
But aside from all that, it works for me because of MFP and MMR. If you're not already using these apps, or won't use them, it's probably not worth the money, and just buy a plain pedometer instead. Have a look on the website and see what programmes/apps Fitbit will sync with before buying.

invisibobble hair ring - Brown
invisibobble hair ring - Brown
Offered by CrazyKangaroo

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably buy them again., 19 Aug. 2014
Doesn't pull your hair and holds it tight enough, but you couldn't go for a run wearing these as I think your pony tail would start to drop. Still leaves a dent where you've had a pony tail, but not as pronounced as with covered hair bands. Don't think this could even be avoided. Do tend to stretch as you wear them. Definitely suit a more relaxed style hair style. Would probably buy them again.

6 Natural wooden coat clothes hangers with clips and bar for trousers, skirts-Choose Quantity & Colour
Offered by The Hanger Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, sturdy hangers, 19 Aug. 2014
Good quality, sturdy hangers. Delivered promptly. Not great packaging, but they're only hangers.

OPI Gel Color Top Coat 15ml - UV / LED Soak Off Gel Polish
OPI Gel Color Top Coat 15ml - UV / LED Soak Off Gel Polish

5.0 out of 5 stars Jut be careful in bright sunlight!, 6 May 2014
I've been using OPI gelcolour for a while now (at home, for personal use) as it was so much cheaper to buy everything and do my own nails.
However, this bottle was a replacement for another bottle when the brush went hard when I using it once - it had almost set solid. This did exactly the same thing almost immediately, and was leaving a clumpy top coat on my nails. I was annoyed (mainly because gelcolour is more expensive than "normal" OPI, but also because the top coat is the last stage, and so the nails were ruined!
However, if you google this problem, you see it happens to others, and it appears that the top coat cures more quickly than the base and coloured coats in UV light. And this includes bright sunlight. I was doing my nails on a sunny day in our bright bay window so the top coat was curing as it went on!
As soon as I moved away from the light, I cleaned up the brush with acetone and got all the "set" varnish off, and started again, and brilliant results!
This works as well as it always does, but maybe do your nails away from a window, and not in the sunshine!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4