Profile for Mr. S. Kashyap > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Kashyap

Mr. S. Kashyap "Shan" (Bradford, UK)

Sport Armband for iPhone 5 / 5s / 5c with slim cases, Motorola Droid Mini and more
Offered by DiscountDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Arm Band for Samsung Galaxy S2, 18 Sept. 2011
I have had the smaller Tune Belt for my HTC Desire and bought this one for my Samsung Galaxy S2. The quality is second to none and its a perfect fit.

I have seen other cheaper arm bands which have rough edges and cause damage to your phone while sliding it in or out.

I would recommend Tune Belt.

Genesis GS-200 Guitar stand
Genesis GS-200 Guitar stand

3.0 out of 5 stars All we need is a stand !, 14 Dec. 2010
This is a decent effort towards a quality stand but all we need is a stand and that's it, nothing more nothing less. I like the way it folds and quality is good. Bottom parts which hold the base of guitar are quite short in length so beware when putting the guitar on it, you might just drop it on the floor. It would be better if these bottom parts have an upward curve to hold the guitar in place.
Plectrum holder bit is utterly pointless and the plectrums keep falling from there.
As already criticised by someone else, the gripping rubbery surface holds on to the neck. I have overcome this by cello taping some cushion over it [also covering my plectrum holder slots in the process].
I find it quite useful to fold away and take with me but for home use I would recommend the standard £5 stand which just does the job.

Ashbury 000 Guitar Case
Ashbury 000 Guitar Case

2.0 out of 5 stars Doubt the protection, 12 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Ashbury 000 Guitar Case
I have only seen this one in shop and it looks like a low quality semi hard case. For the price I would expect much better protection. It will do the job for local travelling etc. but not sure if it could stand the rigours of flight. Its cheap looking as well but that's my personal opinion. Gator and Golden Gate offer much better cases and I would strongly suggest having a look at this one before ordering.

Yamaha F310 Acoustic Guitar Pro Pack
Yamaha F310 Acoustic Guitar Pro Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Exactly that Beginner Friendly, 12 Dec. 2010
This was my first guitar, I chose this after reading really good reviews about it. At £99, I think the pro pack was a decent deal from Amazon but looks like the price has gone up again.
The guitar is actually quite good and stays in tune well but its not really that easy to play for complete beginners. So if you are planning on buying your first guitar make sure you try this one first. It stays in tune quite well and is fairly robust.
DVD included is alright, you can find much better information free on line. Gig bag supplied is a standard cheap kind which does the job, you can find these bags for around £10. Tuner is also a very standard one and does the job. Stand is of particularly good quality. Plectrums supplied were all quite thick hard ones, as a beginner I found thin .38 mm better and more comfortable.
All in all its a good package to get you going and being a popular guitar it should hold its value well, I manage to sell mine for a good price after 3 months of use.
I will recommend this guitar but will strongly suggest trying it out first if you can.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2014 4:45 PM GMT

No More Excess, Advanced Digital Luggage Scale
No More Excess, Advanced Digital Luggage Scale
Offered by NO MORE EXCESS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Kit to have with; could do with improvements, 17 May 2009
I found this to be quite accurate. The scale is small and lightweight. I would strongly recommend this for any travellers and lets you the freedom of packing exactly to the limit. The only problem is that the steel grip to lift is quite narrow and you can only use about 3 fingers and it really hurts when you are weighing anything over 15 KGs, they could do with providing a cushioned grip or even thick plastic...overall still a good product.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 2:50 PM BST

Silverline 588767 Punch Pliers, 2-5 mm
Silverline 588767 Punch Pliers, 2-5 mm
Offered by Tool and Fix

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Build, Cheap Material, 23 Feb. 2009
This tool would have been great if it was built with sturdy material. It was a shoddy build at its best and wont align properly with the base plate. I ended up spoiling my belt, when you try to press it hard, you get the feeling that its gonna bend or break even. No points for the tool but full points for customer service as tooltime were very quick in providing me full refund.
Not recommended. I have ordered the Draper Hole Punch [wait for my review there] in the hope that its better and I will finally be able to wear my new belts.

Shan