Profile for Alice O'Mahoney > Reviews

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Price: 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the film, love the book, 26 Mar 2014
Written as a series of letters, this is a coming of age book that hooked me from the first. I would recommend both the book and the film.

10 Minute Solution - Belly, Butt And Thigh Blasters [DVD] [2009]
10 Minute Solution - Belly, Butt And Thigh Blasters [DVD] [2009]
Price: 5.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Really like this DVD, 27 Feb 2014
I find this is a great DVD for toning and movement. The sections are fast, but once you have the hang of them I think that they aren't too difficult to remember the movements. The presenter is happy and encouraging, without being aggressive. The band unfortunately will break after a certain amount of use, and I can not find just the band, so I find it easier and cheaper just to purchase the DVD again...

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 27 Feb 2014
Very happy with buying a kindle copy of this book as it is one of my favourites. I am trying to minimise so having things on the kindle is much better.

Philomena: The true story of a mother and the son she had to give away (film tie-in edition)
by Martin Sixsmith
Price: 3.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Brought as present, 27 Feb 2014
I got this for my sister's christmas present, she was very pleased with it and I hope she has reviewed it. It arrives by the intended date and was properly packaged. Very happy.

FOR SAMSUNG R510 R20 LAPTOP CHARGER AC ADAPTER 19V 3.15A 60W MAINS BATTERY POWER SUPPLY UNIT INCLUDES POWER CORD C5 CABLE MAINS CLOVER LEAF 3 PRONG UK PLUG LEAD
Offered by Delta Enterprise
Price: 6.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed, 27 Feb 2014
My laptop cables have a tendency to die after a while, my own fault for moving them too much. This replacement is good, but not great, it sometimes gets knocked out of place even though it is still plugged in and needs twizzling to get it to charge...

Writing a Dissertation - The Essential Guide
Writing a Dissertation - The Essential Guide
by Suzi Richer
Price: 8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by a lecturer, 18 Feb 2014
This was recommended by a lecturer and as I have to start my MA dissertation soon I hope that the ideas and tips will be able to help me :)

Mesolithic Studies at the Beginning of the 21st Century
Mesolithic Studies at the Beginning of the 21st Century
by Nicky Milner
Price: 30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 9 Dec 2013
This book is very informative and covers a wide range of themes to do with the Mesolithic period. I think that it would do well out side of academia, if a person was interested in the Mesolithic.

The Conversations: Walter Murch and the Art of Editing Film
The Conversations: Walter Murch and the Art of Editing Film
Price: 9.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 9 Dec 2013
I have the Kindle version which isn't great for all the pictures, which are actually really interesting, so I may request it from the library for that reason. But this is great book if you are into films, not just to learn about editing, but the world and time that film really took off :)

Meditation Mat, Zabuton - Flat Mat Dark Blue
Meditation Mat, Zabuton - Flat Mat Dark Blue
Offered by Blue Banyan
Price: 37.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, 29 Oct 2013
I have a meditation stool, so this mat is perfect when meditating. It came quickly and package appropriately, i might buy the stool cushion as well.

The Rules: How to Capture the Heart of Mr Right: Time Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr.Right
Price: 5.31

5.0 out of 5 stars an eye opener, 17 Sep 2013
I really enjoyed this book and found that the "rules" it used are really a great guide for weeding out those people who are not so interested in having deep and meaningful. It also helped me to understand the issues in previous relationships. I think people may take what is written a little too literally and as they say in the book if you aren't ready to have a serious relationship then don't worry. I think the most literal thing is how a person should look - again the authors are quite clear they aren't telling you do these things, they explain why they think it is slightly better to blow out your hair etc. If you don't want to, don't. I think if applied with some common sense then these rules are very applicable today's modern dating world. Having given them to a friend at the beginning of the year she is now in a happy committed relationship with someone she is falling for and values the rules in allowing that to happen. I am still searching for my Mr Right, but I am sure he is waiting just around the corner ;)

Page: 1 | 2