Profile for Mr. Martin Kelly > Reviews

Content by Mr. Martin Kelly

Mr. Martin Kelly "Tino" (Edinburgh)

TurnerMAX Poly Cotton Lifting Straps Weight Lifting Body Building Hand Wraps
TurnerMAX Poly Cotton Lifting Straps Weight Lifting Body Building Hand Wraps
Offered by Turner Sports

3.0 out of 5 stars Average straps, bit too much flex, 4 May 2010
My mate got straps before me and his were CNP numbers, I liked them so thought I'd get a pair myself for deadlifts and the like where my grip just can't quite handle the weight that my body can.

These do the trick but have a little too much give for my liking the material was very soft compared to the CNP ones which are firm. THese feel better on the hands but don't support your wrist quite so well.

Saying that, I didn't get the product that's in the photo, got Shihan not Turner Sports.

All in all there alright.

Weight Lifting Hooks (pair) [Misc.]
Weight Lifting Hooks (pair) [Misc.]
Offered by SEN SHI Japan

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst fitness product I've ever bought!, 4 May 2010
I've bought just about everything to try give me the edge in the gym and these are absolutely the worst.

Firstly one of the two hooks was not curved to fit the bar so I had to hammer it into shape! Secondly when lifting the metal hooks are poorly padded so dig into your hands causing pain! Thirdly on the first... yes first set of 12 reps both hooks protruded through the material; only for on the second set for one of the hooks to fall out.

Couldn't be bothered to get a refund so needless to say these are in the bin. I'll be sticking to straps.

Lovers and Other Strangers
Lovers and Other Strangers
by Jack Vettriano

5.0 out of 5 stars For Vettriano Fans!, 27 Mar 2009
I've only skimmed the words so far, but the images of Vettrianos work is well detailed and if your a fan of his work this is nice compact hardback to flick through for inspiration or just to awe.

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (PS3)
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz

4.0 out of 5 stars It's all about one Man - The Ultimate Warrior!, 23 Mar 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I'd be lying if I said I didn't get goose bumps watching the intro of the Wrestlemania VI feature in this game - the first wrestlemania I ever saw and what a main event it was! The Warrior is The Ultimate Legend and getting to recreate the match was superb, I'm 26 but felt like a big kid again! I admit the amount of moves is limited compared to previous WWF (yes I'm old school none of this WWE nonsense) titles but theres a few new twists in there to keep it interesting. For £27.99 it's great for memory lane for you old school wrestling fans and good for a laugh but it'll never be a Res Evil 5 or Call Of Duty beater for perfection. One last comment is the online match creater is rubbish... as is the Street Fighter IV, only really good online system I've seen is for Mortal Combat vrs DC Comics if im honest. COD is not bad. My last gripe.. where's Earthquake and Texas Tornado? Or The Rockers and The Bushwackers-the only tag team is the Russian and the Iranian boy! and Mick Foley?