Profile for Tim Harbour > Reviews

Content by Tim Harbour

Tim Harbour (Bedford, England)

Speck FitFolio Tablet Case Cover with Built-In Stand for Google Nexus 7 (2012) - Black
Price: 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great product even better, 15 Mar 2013
Five stars for this one. I treated myself to a Nexus 7 a couple of months ago and I love it. I travel a fair bit and stay away so for me the nexus is a travel companion. With this case, I'm happy to take it anywhere. Perfectly protected in a very stylish cover. It fits the device perfectly with a hard shell around the back and sides and a nice leather look cover over the screen. Sleep function is activated on closing. The Speck Fitfolio has a good quality feel to every part. Its not the cheapest cover available for the nexus but I would say it does offer decent value.

Canon DCC-850 Soft Camera Case for The PowerShot SX30 IS/SX40 HS/SX50 HS Camera
Canon DCC-850 Soft Camera Case for The PowerShot SX30 IS/SX40 HS/SX50 HS Camera
Price: 26.45

5.0 out of 5 stars The obvious choice, 8 Jan 2012
Having just ordered an SX40HS, was looking for a case to protect my new toy. Comparing the options went for the Canon DCC-850 and must say I'm delighted with it. The case is the perfect size. I bought a bridge camera because I didn't want to lug about all the paraphernalia that goes with SLR's and this case perfectly fulfils the all my requirements. It's not bulky yet the camera drops into it without any persuasion. there is a handy compartment inside which appears to be designed for a spare battery, at least, that's what mine will be used for! the pocket on the front holds the data transfer leads for example.

Nice materials, nice finish and well designed. Prefect partner and good practical accessory. The price compares favourably to other non branded products too. Just a little more expensive but for me, worth it.

Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, Super Wide Angle, 35x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch Vari-Angle LCD
Offered by SHAN-DEALZ
Price: 380.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Feature packed, Canon quality, 8 Jan 2012
This is what is known as a "Bridge" camera in that it bridges the gap between a compact camera and an SLR. Having owned both, I would say that is a very fair description. When considering a camera like this you must be prepared to accept that it is not a true compact nor is it an SLR and so direct comparisons with either may make it appear flawed but it depends whether you are a glass half full or half empty sort of a person. for example it's quite a bit bigger than most compacts but not as big or heavy as an SLR.

The camera looks beautiful with typical Canon finish. not too many buttons to intimidate. The camera fits very comfortably into the hand and has a nice quality feel (as you might expect). I found all the controls easy to reach and large enough to be recognised by the finger or thumb easily.

For me, the range of features is the real beauty of this camera. The massive 35X optical zoom is made usable by superb image stabilisation, certainly outdoors, and why would you need to zoom like that indoors anyway! Offering everything from smart Auto setting to fully manual mode this is a camera which you can really grow into. It is light and compact enough to carry around without being too much of burden but offers the capability to get a shot in almost any conditions without having to fit flash guns, swap lenses, mount tripods etc.

The only slight negative for me is that I would like an optical viewfinder rather than a digital one but it doesn't detract too much and for those who wear glasses, offers the possibility of adjusting the focus of the diopter for the finder which almost makes up for that. I understand that this is a common feature in cameras of this type.

For me, the bridge camera concept is exactly what I was looking for and this is a superb example. It's not cheap but I think you get what you pay for here.

Neewer Brand New Lens Hood For Canon Digital Camera Lh-Dc60 Canon Powershot Sx1 Sx10 Sx20 Sx30 Is
Offered by Ultra Sales Global (7-23 Business Day Delivery Time)
Price: 4.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and outstanding value, 8 Jan 2012
I wouldn't normally be moved to write a review about a piece of moulded plastic costing about 3.50 delivered, but in this case I think an exception is justified. I have just bought a Canon SX40HS and thought that a lens hood would be a wise accessory. There are several on offer from Amazon. This was the cheapest I saw. The genuine Canon part is 27.00! The genuine Canon camera case was less than that! I thought for that money its worth a punt. The hood fits onto the lens perfectly. does not need to be forced on but once fitted is firm and doesn't rattle or move. The finish on the black plastic is a god match to other parts of the camera and the silver writing on it is a very close match to that on the lens when extended making it look 100% part of the camera. put this on a table at a camera fair next to the Canon product and only a very sad "label Mabel" would buy the Canon. You cannot go wrong with this baby.

Ex-Pro Fuji NP-60, NP60, BC60, BC-60 Fast Travel-Pro Charger Fuji Finepix [See Description for Models]
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little kit, 19 Jun 2011
I've read a few negative reviews of this and similar chargers but I have no problems giving it five stars. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. This is a fairly cheap item but it works perfectly. Battery fitts well, the interchangable parts are easy to change and engage firmly. For the ammount of use this will get it's more than up to it.

GENUINE SONY ERICSSON BST-38 BATTERY BULK PACK SUITABLE FOR SONY ERICSSON C902, C905, K770i, K850i, R300, SE S500i, T303, T650i, W580i, W902, W980i, Z770i, Z780i
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos
Price: 4.85

5.0 out of 5 stars honest product, 19 Jun 2011
The battery is exactly as described. I bought this to replace one in a phone which I may have overcharged with a non OE charger. Its working fine now.

Technomate 2300 H-H DiseqC Motor
Technomate 2300 H-H DiseqC Motor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, 22 April 2010
This review is from: Technomate 2300 H-H DiseqC Motor
Works well and does exactly what it's supposed to do. Sturdy construction gives a re-assuringly heavy, quality feel (not too heavy though). Comprehensive instructions included. Very pleased and would recommend.