Profile for TP > Reviews

JVL Bodmin 5-Piece Fire Companion Set
Offered by premier-stock88

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but without much substance, 19 April 2013
GOOD POINTS:

1. The base is very study and the other 4 pieces of the set look very nice but are unfortunately quite light in comparison.

BAD POINTS:

1. I have used this set a lot since I purchased it and frustratingly have found the tongs have started to twist and loosen (not ideal when you're trying to move hot logs around/into a stove!).

2. The pieces are not as sturdy as I would have hoped for but are useable. However, I do not think this set will last very long, as I am already looking to replace them with a sturdier more substantial set.

BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook, The
BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook, The
by Nora Abousteit
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not as comprehensive as expected., 1 Mar. 2012
I was very excited about this book, due to the vast amounts of variations it seemed to offer, so was very disappointed to discover that it only contained a handful of "patterns" or "projects". The patterns contained aren't the prettiest (but of course, this is subjective).

I much prefer the variations everyone else has made on the initial patterns but there were no instructions on any of these, or how to go about making variations that I saw. Which was a bit disappointing.

As a relatively new seamstress, I wanted more guidance and I feel this book promises more than what it actually has to offer. I bought the perfect pattern making book alongside this and that seems to be a lot more informative on a basic level but also helps you to create patterns and adapt them at will.

Overall, I didn't find this book inspirational or much of a guide. But it would be harsh to say it was completely useless...To me a good sewing book, should not only guide you along the process but inspire you to create and unfortunately I felt like this book didn't do either well.

Orangina 500 ml (Pack of 12)
Orangina 500 ml (Pack of 12)

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading picture, 30 Mar. 2011
It arrived and it was fine but I think amazon need to change the image as in my rush I assumed it would be the glass bottle. Which I happily paid the premium for, for plastic I don't think its necessary worth it.

The Rough Guide to Walks in London and Southeast England
The Rough Guide to Walks in London and Southeast England
by Helena Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect guide to wonderful walks in and around London, 14 Mar. 2011
I bought this along with the TimeOut Country Walks Vol 2 and found this to be far superior. It has many wonderful walks, is very informative and really entices you to go out on walks! It is very comprehensive but doesn't overload you with pointless information, provides you with a general overview of the walk and has interesting facts about the areas in which your walk takes place, there are historical tidbits here and there and other useful information regarding stop off points for food/drinks etc.

I have gone on a walk within a day of receiving this and found the map and directions very easy to follow. Overall I am very impressed with the guide book and find myself always coming back to the Rough Guide!