Profile for David Shaw > Reviews

Content by David Shaw

David Shaw "David Shaw" (Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
IMAK Finger Sleeve, ideal for sprains & sports injuries
IMAK Finger Sleeve, ideal for sprains & sports injuries
Offered by ABC Wholesale

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID - VERY POOR VALUE, 27 May 2015
I have probably made around seven hundred purchases through Amazon over the last ten years, and I think this is the first time I think I have ever rated a product one star purely on the basis of the product. Even more tellingly, this rating is not the result of any issues around delivery, or even with the basics of the product itself - there was no fundamental (operational) fault with the product. No, the reason for my poor rating is simply that the product is appalling value for money, and it simply cannot, because of its design/characteristics, do the job it says it should do. If you actually look at it when it comes out of the box, it consists of two small pieces of elasticated material, and two very small gel pads (each about the size of a small eraser). If the whole lot cost more than one pound to produce, I should be most surprised. To charge more than £17 for this is, frankly, just a rip-off. I might feel more kindly towards the product if it did a good job, but it is blindingly obvious that the gel pads cannot possible retain cold for more than the briefest period, thus nullifying their intended role/purpose in providing both pain relief and swelling reduction on a finger. The only saving grace I can see is that the elesticated finger sleeves might provide some protection to a swollen finger. All in all, by far the worst values product I have ever come across on Amazon, and one which cannot possibly perform its intended function.

Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)
Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Despite the challenging read, as others have referred to ..., 5 Mar. 2015
Despite the challenging read, as others have referred to, I find that if you get into the book you do get into the pattern of writing such that it rarely is, in practice, a problem to follow the conversation. A cracking read, extremely well written (and by the way, IMHO, well dramatised on TV recently)

Blagdon 10000 Force Hybrid Pump with Max Flow 9900 litres per hour
Blagdon 10000 Force Hybrid Pump with Max Flow 9900 litres per hour
Offered by Aquatics Discount

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD, POWERFUL PUMP, 24 Jan. 2015
I have recently created a water feature in my garden, which includes a fountain feature with three separate pipes/jets, each with a head of about 1.2 metres. After a bit of calculation I ordered this pump as those available for ponds here in Spain did not have sufficient power to drive all three fountains. I actually thought I might have over-ordered in terms of power, but I'm very glad I did as I have to run this at about 80% of capacity to drive the three fountains to achieve the effect I want, and it's not even running the filter (I have a smaller Blagdon "midi" pump for that. Bludgeon have a very useful tool on their website for calculating the correct size/power of pump, and I would recommend anyone considering a purchase to take a look at that first. Anyway, as it does just the job I wanted, and at a reasonable cost, I definitely rate it five stars, plus Blagdon have a good reputation for quality which I hope is borne out in my case! Was easy to fit, with clear instructions.

Duronic DB260SS Double Blade Attachment - Suitable for Duronic CH260SS Choppers
Duronic DB260SS Double Blade Attachment - Suitable for Duronic CH260SS Choppers
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2015
Does a great job of chopping onions in particular - highly recommended

Armstrong's Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice
Armstrong's Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice

5.0 out of 5 stars ... "tour de force" of the whole HR area - excellent reference!, 16 Jan. 2015
This is a "tour de force" of the whole HR area - excellent reference!

Composting: An Easy Household Guide (Green Books Guides)
Composting: An Easy Household Guide (Green Books Guides)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2015
Excellent treatise on the whole issue of composting. I have learnt much from this book.

Acctim 27698 Rostock Wall Clock, Copper
Acctim 27698 Rostock Wall Clock, Copper

5.0 out of 5 stars STYLISH WALL CLOCK, AND GREAT VALIE TOO, 16 Dec. 2014
I was looking for a stylish clock for my new bar area, and happened to come across this during Black Friday. Even at full price this looked like a good deal, and at the Black Friday price I couldn't resist, even though I don't usually like to buy something which is mainly aesthetic/decorative without seeing it in the flesh, but I was not disappointed - it looks even better "in the flesh" with deep, lustrous coppery colours and a very stylish, minimalist face ...... And perfect for the spot where I had envisaged it.

Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push
Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push

5.0 out of 5 stars FOR PERFORMANCE AND VALUE, LOOK NO FURTHER, 16 Dec. 2014
I have tried two previous "wireless" systems, both of which failed to communicate across a room, let alone the length of my driveway.

The Friedland is an entirely different beast - clearly well-made, as soon as you open it, clear, simple instructions, excellent quality chimes (choice of six), good styling, but, best of all, fantastic range.

The first test was from my front gate to the porch inside the front door - probably 50 metres, but almost line of sight - no problem. More challenging was from a second bell push installed at the back of the house, which has to negotiate about 20 metres, and then a complete house; again, no problem whatsoever.

I really do like it when products perform flawlessly exactly as they are supposed to, and exactly as they say they will, and the Fiedland is one of those. You won't be disappointed.

Duronic Silver JE6SR Citrus Juicer with Drip Free Spout
Duronic Silver JE6SR Citrus Juicer with Drip Free Spout
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT/GOOD VALUE CITRUS JUICER, 16 Dec. 2014
I bought this 18 months ago, and it has been in almost constant use juicing delicious Valencia oranges for fresh OJ each morning. Never given any problems whatsoever, and seems very robust, despite grinding it's way through thousands of oranges by now. Easy to clean - can't speak too highly of it, especially given the price. Led me to buy other products by Duronic, and they haven't disappointed either.

SwimWays Spring Float Recliner, Inflatable Pool Lounger, Luxury Lilo
SwimWays Spring Float Recliner, Inflatable Pool Lounger, Luxury Lilo
Offered by Zizy

5.0 out of 5 stars ... but I already know this is one of the best £40 worth I've ever had, 6 July 2014
Only had this for 48 hours but I already know this is one of the best £40 worth I've ever had. This is seriously comfortable - can quite easily see me having a few siestas on a hot sunny afternoon. Well-made, sturdy, and very well designed - especially the mesh that supports you whilst allowing water to cool you, Also, delivered in excellent time to me here in Spain by Amazon. Definitely a great buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6