Profile for Westy74 > Reviews

Westy74

Written in the Stars
Written in the Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me from the start, 26 Jun 2014
This book has reignited my love of many things and started some new passions! It really made me take a close look at what and who I have around me! Bea is completely engaging, I never felt frustrated with her just hoped desperately that everything would work out for her! Ali Harris never fails to completely captivate you with characters who I'm sure we can all identify, she exaggerates flaws and positives without being ridiculous and this book had me right from the start! Thank you Ali 😊

The Hive
The Hive

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Hive (Kindle Edition)
I beg anyone who as ever stood at the school gates to not be able to identify with this book!! The characters are compelling in their different ways and the 'Bee' and 'Bea' story cleverly intertwined. A must read for your summer holidays!!

Husband, Missing
Husband, Missing
by Polly Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-downable, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Husband, Missing (Paperback)
As my title suggests this book had me hooked!! It took over my life for two whole days, to the annoyance of my family and the detriment of my housework. The characters were believable, the story made me cry, gasp, laugh and want more.. There needs to be a sequel please!!!

The Vintage Teacup Club
The Vintage Teacup Club
by Vanessa Greene

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked, 25 Mar 2013
I loved this book!! The characters are believable and likeable! I wanted to join the club!! Could not put it down!! When's Vanessa Greene's next one out?

The First Last Kiss
The First Last Kiss

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing, 20 Feb 2013
This book is incredible. It took me a little time to get into it, with the time jumps, but I totally get why Ali Harris wrote that way. It is so moving I read the last third from behind a veil of tears!! The characters are believable and likeable, I prefer it when there is no real baddie and you felt all the emotions throughout the novel. I love it when a book inspires you to change how you live your life and thats exactly what The First Last Kiss does. I shall take the time to remember more carefully and clearly all my time with my family and friends. Thank you and well done Ali Harris :D

By My Side
By My Side

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: By My Side (Kindle Edition)
What can I say? I loved this book!!

The characters are believable, the story line unpredictable and I had to stop at times because I could not see through the tears!!!

Can't wait to read my next Alice Peterson...

Honeymoon in Paris: A Novella
Honeymoon in Paris: A Novella

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 28 Aug 2012
This book had me hooked from the off! The characters draw you in to their worlds immediately and you live their lives with them!! I read it in a day (despite 2 children and 2 dogs under my feet) and pre-ordered the full novel as soon as I was done.
Highly recommended

Mum On The Run
Mum On The Run

4.0 out of 5 stars Mum on the run...inspiring, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Mum On The Run (Kindle Edition)
Fiona Gibson understands how modern families function! I felt like I was reading sections of my life!! Her connection with the reader makes this book a proper page turner! It has motivated me to dig out my trainers and start 'pounding the pavements''!!!! :)))))