Profile for CheSiJoCaNipaah > Reviews

Content by CheSiJoCaNipaah

CheSiJoCaNipaah

How to Draw Manga: The Absolute Step-By-Step Beginners Guide On Drawing Manga Characters (Mastering Manga Drawing Tutorial)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 19 April 2015
This book is very different from what I expected it was going to be. Basically, instead of the focus being on the actual drawing, the book is mainly comprised of long explanations. Although this is good for learning the difference between the genres, and learning what equipment to have, the actual drawing of them is not covered in much detail at all- which for a book that claims to be a how-to-draw guide, is not good enough.
It's good to have an idea of the tools to use, but no amount of fancy equipment will make you better at drawing. My own drawings are done with nothing but a pencil and an eraser, but thanks to books that explain in detail proportions and fundamental basics of drawing, I learned to become a better artist.
Don't believe the information about this book, it promises a lot, but falls utterly short of a proper how-to guide. Look up Mark Crilley for a proper how-to guide, and don't waste your money like I did.

Vampire Cheerleaders Must Die!
Vampire Cheerleaders Must Die!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 25 April 2014
This crossover between the two books is awesome. It really makes me feel like I can't choose a side. For instance, I love Charlotte from P.M.S, but I love Lesley from the V.C as well, so when they're fighting, it's very gripping.
The only bad thing is that the artwork is slipping out of manga and is closer to American style comics, so it was a strange jump, especially as the characters were rendered differently before. However, a good sequel and crossover in general.

EREMENTAR GERADE Vol. 1 (Shonen Manga)
EREMENTAR GERADE Vol. 1 (Shonen Manga)

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 5 Mar. 2014
As a massive fan of the Elemental Gelade anime, I was excited about the book, looking forward to seeing more content or extended storylines. However, instead, this manga is very disappointing as it is not translated to the Kindle well and is a series of bad-quality pictures that are difficult to read.

How to Draw Anime for Beginners: The Only Anime Drawing Book You'll Ever Need
How to Draw Anime for Beginners: The Only Anime Drawing Book You'll Ever Need

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting., 13 Jan. 2014
With a title page saying that this book is the only anime guide you will ever need, and a well drawn front cover, I was expecting the book to have a very useful and clear layout with step by step instructions. However, most of the book is very useless as it only has vague and lazily drawn examples with a large amount of text that is unnecessary. In order to draw anime or manga, you cannot just give someone a massive hunk of writing and expect results anywhere near accurate. I would recommend that people should not waste their money on this book. If you really want to have a good learning book, try the Mastering Manga series by Mark Crilley.

Manga for the Beginner Shoujo
Manga for the Beginner Shoujo

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 12 Aug. 2013
This guide is very useful for the beginner, and I would recommend it to anyone. However, I would have liked the book to have guidelines for every pose or character, rather than some guidelines and then other completed pictures that give you no idea of how to draw it. Otherwise, a very good learning book.

How to Draw Manga Eyes (How to Draw Manga! Book 1)
How to Draw Manga Eyes (How to Draw Manga! Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Too short, 21 Feb. 2013
I didn't find anything that would be useful. I expected that there would be step by step instructions but there were only pictures and I finished the book within three minutes or less. I think that there are much better guides out there, and I think that I just wasted my money on this.

Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley: 30 drawing lessons from the creator of Akiko
Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley: 30 drawing lessons from the creator of Akiko

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 19 Jan. 2013
I always had trouble getting proportions right, but this book is amazing and it helped me so much! I would recommend this book to anyone who has trouble with drawing manga or anime, as well as proportions or chibi.