Profile for R. Lee > Reviews

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn [DVD]
Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 9 Dec 2013
Yes the story might have been a bit weak and there were several bits where it was slow, but as a fan of the whole Halo franchise it was enjoyable to watch. Would watch it again and just wish there was more!

Andrex Aloe Vera Skin Kind 160 Sheets - 9 x Pack of 5
Andrex Aloe Vera Skin Kind 160 Sheets - 9 x Pack of 5
Offered by Discount Office Supplies & Equipment

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the strongest, 15 Mar 2013
I bought this product by looking at the 5* reviews and whilst not exactly regretting it I won't be buying it again. There is nothing more annoying then trying to wipe yourself and the tissue tears so you have to use more than you usually would. Maybe it makes a difference whether you fold or scrunch, scrunching you'll get away with it, folding you won't!

Philips PerfectCare Expert GC9230/02 Steam Generator Iron - One Perfect temperature - 240g Pressurised Steam Boost

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, ironing revolutionised!, 2 July 2012
I must admit to start I am not a big ironing fan, one because there always seems like there are better things to do and two because I can't stand for long just ironing as it hurts my back. What a surprise it was then to get one of these irons and realise that I actually enjoy ironing and I don't seem to be spending so long doing it!

The first thing I noticed was the size! It is big so probably no good for people with no storage space, however it could sit nice and neat on a counter as all the cords have space in the main unit to tuck away. It's also not as heavy to carry around as I thought it would be and I like the fact it can all be picked up by just holding the iron (although remember to lock it into place first!).

Once I'd plugged the iron in, filled up the tank (so easy even a child can do it!) and pushed the button I had a couple of minutes to grab my coffee and make sure my ironing pile was waiting for me, as usual it was. As soon as the light (blue so my favourite!) on the iron indicated it was ready to go I put my top on the ironing board, unplugged the iron and picked it up. Again I was in for a surprise as the actual iron was a lot lighter that I expected! I'm used to an iron with the water tank on it which can make it very heavy to use, but this one was a dream to use. It glided across the fabric really easily and I like the way there are two steam buttons for you to use, one under the handle and one on the top. It did very well on all fabrics and even got out the stubborn creases on some cotton shirts which I usually find a nightmare to get flat so give up.

I must admit the best thing I liked about this was the ease of use. Plug in, turn on and go. No worrying about what setting to put it on which is fabulous as I always used to keep mine on high which wasn't good for some clothes and they'd stick to the iron before I realised I hadn't turned it down. Also to make it even better a child can use it! I let my 9 year old son do some ironing and he was hooked, he's now constantly wanting to iron everything and you don't hear me complaining. You don't have to worry about them leaving it face down on the fabric as well as it just won't burn a hole even after 5 minutes! The only thing you have to worry about is the fact it's hot and the amount of steam but if you have a sensible child they'll probably really enjoy it, especially using the steam button...the tank empties very quickly when he get's to use it.

My brother, who has Down's Syndrome, also got a chance to use it and he just doesn't do ironing. Firstly irons are too heavy for him to hold for long and he'd struggle to decide what setting to put on and would probably leave it face down without thinking. With this iron though it was so easy for him to use and he really enjoyed having a go and getting the reward of a crease free item at the end with no struggles.

So what else can I add? The cord for the plug is nice and long as is the hose from the base to the iron, so no worries about whether the iron will reach all the way down to the end of the ironing board. I haven't had a chance to use the button for getting rid of any deposits as we have soft water but if the rest of the iron is anything to go by then it will work just as well.

To sum it all up in a few words, easy to use and I wish I'd got one years ago!

The Sims Medieval - Limited Edition (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims Medieval - Limited Edition (PC/Mac DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Strangely addictive, 27 Mar 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was all ready to hate this game after seeing some negative reviews but after playing now for a couple of days I have to admit that I am enjoying it! Yes it is nothing like Sims 3 which I was expecting as I didn't read the bit which said it was a stand alone game, but if you take this into account it is good fun.

There are various quests to do, I'm still on the first level and you get to customise various heros, choose which quest you want to attempt and then even though some of the quest you don't have choices with there are parts where you do get to decide what you hero is going to do.

So if you want a game like Sims 3 where you have free gameplay to choose whatever world you like, do whatever you want etc then this isn't it. However if you want a game where you have some free choice but a beginning and an end then this is the game for you.

I'm now off to spit on some innocent peasants and attempt to save my soul...

Fable III (Xbox 360)
Fable III (Xbox 360)
Offered by eoutlet-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so much better, 14 Jan 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable III (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I liked the concept of the story but it went so fast! If you don't make yourself go and do some of the side quests you rush through the game at breakneck speed and suddenly it's over and then all you have left to do is all the side quests. There just seems no point in carrying on after the main story is done, ok now I can think about upgrading my weapon, buying all the clothes, seeing how much money I can make etc but to what end? I don't need it for anything apart from getting an achievement in my trophy room, is it worth it for that? I'm still not sure.

It was also far to easy. There was no challenge to the main story line or even any of the other quests. In the other Fable games there were parts when I'd get frustrated as I just couldn't do something, or something else was too hard to fight until I'd upgraded my weapon which made me do the other quests to earn money and experience. The first time I played this game I got all the way through without getting any upgrades to my weapons. I wanted a challenge, I wanted to have to upgrade my weapon by buying upgrades (what's the point in having money if you can't spend it on anything useful?), I wanted to not have unlimited magic power and sometimes have to run away to recover before going back into the fray.

So in the end it went too fast, was too easy and the system was too basic. I need a health bar, I want to have limited power and I want to see what I'm carrying around with me and possibly have a limit on that as well. It could have been so much better but seems to have been designed for people who are new to gaming and only want to go around and hit things and not have to think about it. Actually it was like playing a game with a cheat mode on to make it easy enough for young children to play on and not get upset when it doesn't go there way. Yes I will play it again just so I can make sure I finish off all the quests, get into all the demon doors and kill all the gnomes but that's just me being picky.

PT Fleece Rug Mediterranean Flower Patchwork
PT Fleece Rug Mediterranean Flower Patchwork

5.0 out of 5 stars Snuggly, 29 Jun 2010
I love my blanket. It's warm, soft and great for snuggling up to when it's a bit chilly. It's also lovely and bright and cheerful!

Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so pleased with it!, 8 Nov 2009
I was looking for something cheap to go alongside my expensive photo printer and this one had very good write ups.

It was very easy to install, luckily I already had a USB cable I could use to connect it, and running through the CD was nice and easy as well.

Once it gets going it goes like the clappers! I'm surprised the paper doesn't shoot across the room the speed it prints them out :D

The only downside I've found is that after printing a few photographs (which did come out very well) the colour cartridge is showing as being only half full now! It doesn't really bother me as I mainly want it for black and white printing because I have the other printer. I do think though that if you were just going to use this for photos you may not get that many before you need a new cartridge. However saying that I was only using the cartridge which came with the printer and I'm sure a bigger one will last longer.

So I'm very pleased with it. It's fast, looks good and I am very glad I bought it, especially for that price!

Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Offered by Talbot Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple fun for hours of mindless computer playing!, 2 Nov 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spore (Mac/PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this thinking that it looked like a really good game. Putting the piracy issues aside because as far as I know it's not as bad as it was...this game is great! What you do in each stage determines what happens to you in the next stage, if your a carnivore in the first stage you will be a carnivore in the second stage. It also tells you what specialities you will have in the rest of the stages.

The first stage is basic but fun, especially trying to avoid the bigger bugs who rush at you as you try desperately to turn around and curse the fact you didn't "buy" more speed for your creature.

The second stage is fun as well! Thousands of possibilities for your creature, from what size legs, what sort of eyes, will the have wings, what colour shall they be etc etc...to trying to decide if your creature will be sociable, hostile or somewhere in between. My children are currently playing this stage and love it, they get very excited when their creature starts growing a brain!

Third stage is slightly more challenging. Not hard but again you need to decide whether you'll be hostile, sociable or both towards the other villages. This time though your creature cannot be changed.

Fifth stage you finally get to design some buildings and craft. However if by now you can't be bothered there are also plenty of ready built designs for you to choose from. How will you take over the other cities now? Will you start trade with them and buy them? Or maybe you have lots of religious fervour and you want to convert them? Or maybe you're very blood thirsty and you want to take them by force.

Finally the fourth stage, the space stage. A vast universe to explore filled with various other creatures. Some happy to see you and others not so. Will you terraform lots of planets? Or will you take other nations by force. Maybe you'll just do lots of trade and earn enough money to buy other nations. Not sure what happens at the end as I still haven't got that far though!

So overall it's not a fiendishly hard game. The first few stages aren't that difficult but they do take time and designing your creature I find is great fun. The last stage seems to take the longest but it's fun zooming around fending off space pirates and other hostile nations, trying to harvest lots of spice and working out where I can get the best prices...and my favourite bit which is terraforming as many plants as I can!

If you want something highly challenging which will get you thinking very hard then don't get this game. However if you want something fun and lighthearted, something to take your mind off the housework/kids (as long as they don't pester you to play) etc for a few hours without having to think very hard then I do recommend it.

SimCity Societies (PC DVD)
SimCity Societies (PC DVD)
Offered by Clearance Game Deals - Still time for delivery before Xmas - Order today!

4.0 out of 5 stars I actually really enjoy this game!, 28 April 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok it's not a game I could play for hours and hours until the sun starts rising again, but it's a game I can play for a few hours just blissfully enjoying myself making up interesting towns and cities.

It's nothing like the other Simcity games and you shouldn't expect it to be. I would say it's a game you don't have to think about too much which I enjoy, especially at the end of a long day when I don't want to tax my brain too much.

If you take it for what it is, a simple city building game with not too many worries about water, subways etc and the ability to decide what sort of tower blocks, workplaces etc you want then this is the game for you. If you only really want a Simcity 4 game then don't get it.

I did buy this game and then check the reviews and panic that I'd bought something that's rubbish, but when I played it I realised that it wasn't rubbish it's just different and it shouldn't be slated for that.

Black and Decker Cv1205 Cordless Dustbuster 12 Volt - White / Blue
Black and Decker Cv1205 Cordless Dustbuster 12 Volt - White / Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy to have around!, 26 Feb 2008
I bought this so that my children would be able to vacuum up their mess without having to carry the big cleaner upstairs. It does the small job brilliantly. Personally I wouldn't expect it to do everything, I use mine to clear dust off my desk, to do the stairs, to pick up anything I've dropped on the laminate floor and any other small jobs where it just isn't as easy to go and get the big cleaner.

It sucks up things fairly well, but I don't expect it to get all the dog hairs out as that needs some better suction but it does all the jobs I need it to do.