Profile for Sallie Rothwell > Reviews

Sallie Rothwell

MyIDDr - DNR alert Medical ID Necklace, PRE-ENGRAVED - 27in/68.5cm
MyIDDr - DNR alert Medical ID Necklace, PRE-ENGRAVED - 27in/68.5cm
Offered by MyIdentityDoctor

5.0 out of 5 stars This one exactly fitted what I had in mind and I was not disappointed. It is a lovely necklace, 25 Jun. 2016
Having just lost my beloved sister and in having to tell the doctors that her wish wish was not to be resusitated I realised that it was only because I was there and able to inform them that she had her wishes carried out. I then began to think about myself as it is also my wish never to be resusitated and how vulnerable I would be if my remaining sister was not there to tell them my wishes. I then thought there were perhaps necklaces that would give this information and looked on Amazon and found that there were indeed pendants such as I had envisaged. This one exactly fitted what I had in mind and I was not disappointed. It is a lovely necklace, well made and sits well. I very much recommend it to anyone who wishes not to be resusitated.

Understanding Jesus
Understanding Jesus
by Alister E. McGrath

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, written in a very straightforward style, 8 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Understanding Jesus (Paperback)
A wonderful book, written in a very straightforward style. Recommend most highly to all who would like to further enhance their understanding of Jesus.

Holiness
Holiness
by J.C. Ryle

5.0 out of 5 stars FOR SERIOUS CHRISTIANS, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Holiness (Paperback)
This is a wonderful and powerful book. If you want to really be a radical christian disciple this book is for you. Whilst written in the 19th century its message is as relevant today as it was then. Wonderful.

Jesus: The Greatest Life of All (Great Lives from God's Word)
Jesus: The Greatest Life of All (Great Lives from God's Word)
by Dr Charles R, Dr Swindoll

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read., 20 Mar. 2014
This books is a very well researched and easy to read book which will open the reader up to Jesus and His life and ministry in a new way. It gives the historical social context of the times and the geography without making it a "heavy" read.

God Is Closer Than You Think
God Is Closer Than You Think
by John Ortberg
Edition: Printed Access Code

5.0 out of 5 stars review of book, 4 Sept. 2011
This is a fabulous book which I would recommend to all Christians. I've had to order more copies because so many of my family and friends wanted to read it and once read wanted to pass on to others. It is very simply constructed and is not hard reading but is so so relevant to our daily lives. Wonderful.

The Journey
The Journey
by Billy Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars AN ABSOLUTE MUST FOR ALL CHRISTIANS, 14 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Journey (Paperback)
This is a most truly inspirational book and a must for all Christians who are on their journey of faith. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I have purchased multiple copies to give to all my brothers and sisters at home group/bible study and my siblings.

George Whitefield: Supreme Among Preachers (Ambassador Classic Biographies)
George Whitefield: Supreme Among Preachers (Ambassador Classic Biographies)
by J P Gledstone

5.0 out of 5 stars George Whitefield : Supreme Among Preachers, 27 Feb. 2009
Beautifully written in old fashioned English with wonderfully observed commentaries. The book makes one feel as though one knows George Whitefield personally - and what a fantastic person he was. All Christians should read this book and others like it to see the profound effect that preachers such as Whitefield have had on Christianity in this country - albeit in the 17th century. Today's church leaders and preachers should read and learn and apply all Whitefield's principles and doctrines. He was pure Christianity - unclouded by denominational conflicts.

Around the Wicket Gate: Help for those who only know About Christ (The Spurgeon Collection)
by C. H. Spurgeon

5.0 out of 5 stars Around the Wicket Gate by Charles H Spurgeon, 27 Feb. 2009
This is a wonderful little book and a must have for all Christians. Very inspiring and warming. If only we had a Charles Spurgeon now!!

The Soul Winner: Advice on Effective Evangelism: Evangelism as a Way of Life
The Soul Winner: Advice on Effective Evangelism: Evangelism as a Way of Life
by C. H. Spurgeon

5.0 out of 5 stars The Soul Winner, Charles H Spurgeon, 27 Feb. 2009
Fantastic book - so inspirational - a must for anyone on their journey of faith who wants to bring people to Jesus.