Profile for Mr. L. A. Okeefe > Reviews

Content by Mr. L. A. Okeefe

Mr. L. A. Okeefe "scutterluke" (Birmingham England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Didit Bookcase
Didit Bookcase

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Didit Bookcase (Kitchen & Home)
Easy to build very strong.

Barcelona Pine, High Foot End, 4ft6 Double, Contemporary Solid Quality Pine Wood Bed Frame
Offered by Happy Beds

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Feb. 2015
Excellent bed, song and stable, easy to assembly and great looking

White Knight Reversing C44AS 6kg (Silver)
White Knight Reversing C44AS 6kg (Silver)
Offered by Mike Sanderson Electricals

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Feb. 2015
Brilliant item, brought as a replacement for a broken dryer, excellent quality.

York Fitness Vinyl Kettlebell - Navy, 12 kg
York Fitness Vinyl Kettlebell - Navy, 12 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars but it is still a very good item, at a very good price, 20 Feb. 2015
Vinyl bells are much larger than the cast iron variety, and there is a seem that rubs against your fingers as the two halves were put together, but it is still a very good item, at a very good price.

Gold Plastic Kings Crown
Gold Plastic Kings Crown

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Feb. 2015
Brilliant item used in my History lessons

Spiked Helmet Hard Plastic Accessory for Fancy Dress
Spiked Helmet Hard Plastic Accessory for Fancy Dress
Offered by Character Fancy Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Feb. 2015
Brilliant item used in my History lessons.

The Godfather 40th Anniversary Collection [Blu-ray] [1972] [Region Free]
The Godfather 40th Anniversary Collection [Blu-ray] [1972] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Al Pacino

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, great book, great collection, 30 Jan. 2014
I love the Godfather, I have read the book several times and watched it on VHS, and DVD. I have recently updated to a blu-ray player and want to buy the films again. I saw that this was re-mastered and brought it, for £28.00 . reasonable price for the films on Blu-ray. I paid £35 for my VHS copies years ago. When the collection arrived I was amazed by what I got. I thought I had just brought the films in a nice white box. All the extras are brilliant, and well worth the price. I check how much the films alone were and realised that I had only paid an extra £7 for all of the extras. BARGIN!

Rush [Blu-ray]
Rush [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Chris Hemsworth

5.0 out of 5 stars A real rush, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Rush [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Watched this in the cinema with some friends and loved it, a real boys film. Great story with a brilliant cast and the cinematography was excellent. Pre-ordered it and watched it the day it arrived. Excellent quality, excellent film. Even if like me you are not an F1 this is well worth watching.

Elementary - Season 1 [DVD]
Elementary - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonny Lee Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch Shelock again instead., 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Elementary - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Let me start by saying that I am a big Sherlock Holmes fan I have read all the short stories and four novels that Arthur Conan Doyle wrote, including some other that were unfinished, wrote by his son or written by other writers, I really liked House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz . I have watched all of the Basil Rathbone mystery, and even ploughed through Jeremy Brett's over acting, I don't mind Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law in Guy Ritchie's Steam punk styled movies, and of course I love the BBC's Sherlock. So recently after finishing breaking bad I needed a new fix. A friend at work recommended Elementary. I liked the idea and thought that Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock was good casting, he looks like a recovering addict. Lucy Liu as Dr. Joan Watson was a nice twist to modernize the stories too. That however is where the praise ends. The episodes are dull, and formulaic, I don't feel like I am watching the world's greatest consulting detective. I feel like I am watching a poor episode of CSI Sherlock Holmes. There is no wit or charm of Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. The plots are dull and provide no real mystery. There is no excitement or adventure like in the BBC's version. It is just boring! The only real mystery is why they keep making it. Do yourself a favor and watch Sherlock again.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2014 8:53 PM BST

Arrow - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Arrow - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Stephen Amell

2.0 out of 5 stars The same thing again and again., 25 Jan. 2014
Let me start by saying that I am not much of a comic book geek, but like everyone else I loved the Batman movies and I have played the three Batman computer games. After finishing breaking bad I needed a new fix. A friend at work recommended Arrow. I watched the first few episodes and they were alright good ideas, but very wooden acting. By about episode 6-7 I was board senseless. Every episode can be summed up as follows. "Oh no there is a bad man doing bad things, must stop him.... argue with family and ex girl-friend... get into moral dilemma....flash back to an incident on the island that perfectly sums up this current moral dilemma, and helps me beat it......run in with the police officer who happens to be ex-girl friends dad..... do the right thing save the day kill the bad man..... but e everyone still things you are a spoilt rich kid" There are 23 episodes in season one how did people get past more than ten of these. Avoid!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6