Profile for Jess Billingham > Reviews

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
by Stephen Chbosky
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather good, 17 Jun 2014
I expected the book to be better as other people have said how good this book is so I had high expectations. It's not the best book I've read but still worth reading. It's an insightful book and one that I can relate to even though Charlie's frequent crying did annoy me.

Revise Edexcel: Edexcel GCSE History B Schools History Project Revision Guide (REVISE Edexcel History)
by Kirsty Taylor
Price: 3.00

3.0 out of 5 stars good, 17 Jun 2014
I only needed this book for the American West section and for a different exam board. The content was a bit vague but was still rather helpful in my revision.

Why We Broke Up
Why We Broke Up
by Daniel Handler
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars i don't know, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Why We Broke Up (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this book and thought the illustrations made the book unique. I liked the style it was written in however the movie references got a bit boring and some of the characters appeared a bit pointless. Ed's sister and Lauren for example needed to have more of an explanation. It would have been a lot better with the movie references cut down and a more in depth analysis of the other characters and their role in Ed and Min's break up.

Eleanor & Park
Eleanor & Park
by Rainbow Rowell
Price: 7.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Eleanor & Park (Paperback)
It's a great book, couldn't put it down it was so fab but expected a better ending :-/ Although, I suppose it was realistic, worth buying though :D

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
by Rachel Cohn
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars perfection, 22 Mar 2014
this book is so amazing. I can't even explain. wow. Amazing book for teenagers and certainly expanded my vocab :') Perfect book even with the 'Hermione Potter' thing. If you read this and dislike it, there must be something wrong with you.

Anatomy of a Boyfriend
Anatomy of a Boyfriend
by Daria Snadowsky
Price: 5.35

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Anatomy of a Boyfriend (Paperback)
This book is actually really good, a lot better than it looks :D I recommend for teens, a book you may be able to relate to, it's amazing :)

Now is Good (Also published as Before I Die)
Now is Good (Also published as Before I Die)
by Jenny Downham
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 15 Mar 2014
omg, this is one of the best books I've ever read. I was literally sobbing through the last like 30 pages, only just finished it but wow it's just fab. You have to be completely mad to dislike this book. wow. wow. wow. wow.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
by Rachel Cohn
Price: 5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 20 Feb 2014
One of the best books I have ever read, really didn't expect it to be this good, It's fab :D

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
by Jesse Andrews
Price: 4.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 17 Feb 2014
After reading other reviews, I thought this book would be good. I was wrong. The book arrived quickly but is completely disappointing... It's just a pointless book that's not worth reading at all. It's not funny, moving or emotional what so ever. Also the amount of swearing in this book is ridiculous. The storyline is simply Greg being forced into spending time with Rachel who has cancer and he and Earl make rubbish films and spend their time complaining about it. Rachel dies and they go their separate ways.. Boring. I usually look at the last few pages of a book but didn't this time, well, I should have as the book is summed up in like the last 3 pages saying basically how pointless the whole thing is. If you're looking for a moving, emotional cancer story, you should read 'The Fault In Our Stars' By John Green or 'Now Is Good' by Jenny Downham. If you're looking to waste 2/3 days of reading a realistic and depressing book, purchase this one. However I do recommend this book to people who have trouble sleeping, will certainly put you to sleep within reading the first few pages.

Forever
Forever
by Judy Blume
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Forever (Paperback)
Worth the money, arrived within two days, was in average condition, spine was a bit damaged and the cover wasn't in perfect condition but can't complain for 1p! The book itself is quite good too, isn't the best book I've read but a good book for young teenagers.