Profile for Jaxx > Reviews

Content by Jaxx

Jaxx

Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD)
Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD)
by Paul McKenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Has a lot of potential, 5 Jan 2014
Ok I was very sceptical about this book as I am a huge Paul Fan. I thought why is he bring out another book on this!! Surely he has covered all he needs to.
I enjoyed reading this book and there are some new thoughts in it.
I will say as I have read most of his books there a lot of it has been said before....
HOWEVER it is still worth getting. The Hypnosis CD is worth it just for a start. I was worried it would be the same boring track as I can make you thin. It isn't.
The track at first I thought felt rushed and was a mixture of several of his hypnosis cd's.
Yet I have to say since even listening to it just once, I could tell a shift had happened. Listened to it a number of times now and I can really say I feel more happy in a lot of ways. Something about it even if the track feels quite basic.
Anyone know the what the point of the story about the hunter falling off the cliff means??? lol I do not get the hypnotic language.

You can tell he has put huge effort into this book. I mean also on the cd he even sounds a bit different and more encouraging. The havening dvd is good but your arms ache as you have to do it for 20 mins at a time.
Not listened to the track that helps you when you eat yet but I am sure it will help me.

Paul to me is one of my idols. I really would love to meet this guy. A lot say he is just a money maker, yet when you read his books you can tell he cares about people!

Give this a try its worth the money even if a fair amount has been covered before, as there are some new things as well.

I am going to really give it a bash and write another review in a month or 2 as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2014 8:49 AM GMT

Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life
Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life
by Byron Katie

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 Dec 2012
This book I have used on and off for a few years.
It is quite different from a lot of self help books.
Very simple once you get your head around it. I do like that you can see the Work in action in the book with the dialogues.

I have used this book to help other people as well as myself.
My sister has a long history of not committing with relationships. 10 mins of doing the techniques and she felt so different.. She has now been married for 4 years.
Seriously this book is very special and will change how you look at life.
It does take effort and an open mind, but the results are worth any effort.
You will get more out of it if you read it more than once.
Also very good to see it on you tube etc in action once you read the book!
Give it a try...

Edge
Edge
by Jeffery Deaver

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read with twists, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: Edge (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. I liked how it got straight into it and did not waffle on like so many books.
This is the first Deaver book I have read.
The concept was interesting and felt like a game of cat and mouse.
A lot have said that they did not feel a connection with main character. I some what agree and disagree.
Personally I do not overly like Deaver's writing style and also there were a few typo's which I found a bit annoying. That is me being a bit picky though.

I gave it 4 stars as there was a couple of things I felt could have been better. I can't say what as it would spoil the book for those that have not read it.
However this was a really enjoyable read and I do think worth reading.
I have tried another Deaver book last night 'Sleeping Doll' I just could not get into it and part of that was his writing style I felt.
The Edge though really worth reading!

The Woman In Black
The Woman In Black
by Susan Hill

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Woman In Black (Paperback)
This book had really been hyped up. I had seen the Film version and thought would give it a try.
Was surprised with how short the book was once I got it.
I have to say it is billed as chilling and really scary. Not so at all in my opinion. I was more scared with graveyard scene at end of 4th Harry Potter book.
I found this book very very slow and considering how short it was this was a bad thing.
There was very little action in the book and the last part felt very rushed. The Woman in Black needed to appear a lot more.
Even though I felt the film was not great, at least it seemed to go into more detail.

Two family members read it and felt the same as me. However someone else I know loved it. So I guess you just have to make up your own mind.
For me though the concept was good, it just needed to be twice as long to make this a good read with more action.