Profile for heartsease > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sonnets from the Portuguese
Sonnets from the Portuguese

1.0 out of 5 stars Practically Unreadable!, 31 Aug. 2013
EBB's beautiful sonnets are rendered meaningless because they are presented here as continuous prose without the line beaks.
How do I hate it?
Let me count the ways... !

England, England
England, England

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 17 Aug. 2013
This review is from: England, England (Kindle Edition)
I quite liked the storyline. In fact I ended up wistfully hoping for the Anglia so convincingly portrayed at the end.

My Stroke of Insight
My Stroke of Insight

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and informative, 4 Aug. 2013
The advice on how to treat stroke victims, and one in four of us will be, was very helpful. The description of human personality transcending severe injury, inspiring.

Lanark: A Life in Four Books (Canons)
Lanark: A Life in Four Books (Canons)

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird or WHAT?, 31 May 2013
A gripping read. Not easy to 'like' in the Facebook kind of way, but a book that took must have taken some writing, that won't allow you to skip the boring bits and certainly not allow you to cheat by checking out the ending.

Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in
Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in

1.0 out of 5 stars WHAT was all the hype about?, 30 April 2013
Writing by numbers - weak plot, unsexy sex, and adolescent writing. The protagonists were shallow and predictable.

Overuse of 'Jeez' and 'crap'.

The number of times a cocked head appeared suggested sloppy editing. I will not be finishing the trilogy.

You are Not So Smart
You are Not So Smart

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bloody Good Read, 26 Mar. 2013
I used to believe we cam make life up as we go - I now KNOW that's what we do! A real eye-opener, with the capacity to make me think a lot more about how I think and the assumptions behind my behaviour. Superbly written, making sense of the science for the non-specialist. Informative, instructional AND a bloody good read.

Page: 1 | 2