Profile for Denis Cahill > Reviews

Content by Denis Cahill

Denis Cahill

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A good alternative to mainstream toothpastes, 6 Mar 2014
I was looking for a fluoride-free toothpaste and I found this one to be of 3 recommended commercial products.

The flavour is ok, sort of tastes like colgate did back in the '70's. What I don't like about it is the paste quickly breaks down in the mouth and becomes like liquid sloshing around and dribbling out.

Overall though, I think it's a good product, and does what it says on the tin (or the tube)

PolaTab M010HD 4GB Dual Core Android Tablet PC - Android 4.2 Jelly Bean - Dual Camera - Wifi - HDMI - Google Play Store (PINK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, great features, 6 Mar 2014
About 3-4 years ago, I bought a similar tablet as an entry level device to replace an old pda. It worked pretty well except for the resistive screen, very limited apps store, no upgrades to Android (Gingerbread), and problems getting on to public wifi networks like BT Wifi. But it worked very well for my daughter of 4 years to watch movies, and then finally the headphone socket broke loose and it was time to uograde.

When looking at the next generation of the NatPC tablet, I came across this item, and for the price with all the latest bells and whistles it was an amazing offer. My daughter loves it. It is responsive with the same capacitative touch screen technology that we all take for granted now, and the screen is visually great to look at; we haven't found any apps that don't work on it (including BBC iPlayer).

Where you see the compromises is in the low storage memory (4GB - easily overcome by the addition of a micro SD card), short battery life (3-4 hours but that's fine for us), quite soft internal speaker (we usually use headphones so limitation doesn't affect us) and still some hassles getting on to public wifi networks (like BT wifi).

If you are looking for a good entry level tablet at an ultra low price, I'd definitely recommend that you at least consider this one.

Secret Symphony Bonus Edition
Secret Symphony Bonus Edition
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Another stunning release by Katie Melua, 27 Aug 2013
Katie Melua is one of my most favourite singer/songwriters and I bought this album after going to the first concert in the Secret Symphony promo tour.
The live recording bonus CD is interesting but doesn't really add value to the package in my opinion.

Huawei Unlocked E3131 T-Mobile HSPA+ Huawei Modem Dongle
Huawei Unlocked E3131 T-Mobile HSPA+ Huawei Modem Dongle
Offered by ETERNAL COMMUNICATIONS LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price and works on Windows 7, 27 Aug 2013
I haven't had a chance to really put it through its paces, but it works nicely for me. The abundant availability of wi-fi now nearly makes this type of device obsolete, but I still find occasional use for a mobile internet dongle, especially as a business backup.
Didn't manage to install on a Linux box (OpenSuse 12).
I really like the usb flash stick operation and it works great as a flash stick with a 32gb micro SD card inserted.

PHILIPS HD4600 HD4601 Kettle Filter
PHILIPS HD4600 HD4601 Kettle Filter
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits and works perfectly, 27 Aug 2013
Bought to replace a rapidly disintegrating filter, I was so pleased to be able to buy this at a reasonable price.

RS232 Null Modem Serial Cable 1.8M
RS232 Null Modem Serial Cable 1.8M
Offered by Direct Discount

4.0 out of 5 stars Null modem cable, 27 Aug 2013
It did the job, and it was a good price for something that I rarely use anymore. Rather than the long cable, I'd prefer a configurable (re-wireable) adapter or connector box, something that's reusable.

Moth & Dust Proof, Zipped Duvet Storage Chest Marine Blue with Cream Trim
Moth & Dust Proof, Zipped Duvet Storage Chest Marine Blue with Cream Trim

1.0 out of 5 stars Not strong or durable enough, 28 May 2012
Don't try using the handles on the sides. They just tear off.

The manufacturer has a disclaimer/warning, "not for use with heavy bedding". That should be extended for just about anything you would store in this bag: toys, bedding, clothes.

I would return this item and shop around for something else which is actually robust and useful, but I've already damaged the item by merely trying to use it.

My recommendation, buy something else.