Profile for A London chap > Reviews

Content by A London chap

A London chap (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Pure Raspberry Ketones & Detox Colon Cleanse DX-10® Duo Saver Pack | UK Manufactured to GMP Standards | 1 Month Supply
Offered by Get Gorgeous!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin (plastic bottle), 12 Mar. 2015
Bought to aid general weight loss effort combining with eating well and regular gym workouts. I am 44, not badly overweight (over 6ft, 13.5 stone) but was struggling to burn off fat on stomach. Have been using product for 2 weeks now and it seems to be helping, nothing dramatic but then I didn't have anything dramatic to affect. Easy to take, no side effects of note, and reasonable cost. Beneficial if only for the detox and digestion improvements, so I would recommend

Black EP
Black EP

4.0 out of 5 stars Great soul voice, 7 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Black EP (MP3 Download)
Great little EP this, Moko was recommended in Time Out as a rising star for 2014 and I can see why. A soulful voice with a solid dose of funk, triphop and bass behind her.

I am passing on the recommendation to the great unwashed of Amazon :)

Samrick Tough Hydro Companion Smart Gel Protective Case for Apple iPad Mini & iPad Mini Retina Display & iPad Mini 3 - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little cover, 12 Oct. 2013
Bought an iPad mini for my daughter with the rip off £35 apple cover.

The apple cover does nothing to protect the edges of the iPad which is the most likely thing to get damaged when my 7 year old inevitably drops it.

Excellent customer service from Apple to be fair, picked up the case and full refund no questions asked.

Bought this instead for £7 and it fits very well, and should protect the iPad much better

War & Piste
War & Piste
by (Fiction writer) Alex Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars Cliched chick lit nonsense, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: War & Piste (Paperback)
I don't write many reviews but felt the need to offer some balance to the strangely positive feedback to date.

Now I have to admit to be a 30 something male so I may not be the target market (which appears to be 18-21 girls who found Bridget Jones a bit of a struggle) but this is pretty dire stuff.

See-through plot, cliched characters, a cretin of a lead character, and attempts at humour which made me groan not laugh.

I got 80 pages in and gave up. I downloaded to kindle only because it was 20p or free (I forget which) but even at that cost I cannot recommend this book, as you will waste a few hours of your life which could have been spent reading something good.

Lego Bricks And More Extra Large Building Plate 628 - The Perfect Starting Point For Creations!

1.0 out of 5 stars Please tell me this is a joke, 29 April 2013
£80 for a single piece of plastic? Crazy so I got the "large" for a fiver instead. Not very useful review I know but there are no others as presumably no one has been crazy enough to buy one!

VTech Challenger Laptop (Pink)
VTech Challenger Laptop (Pink)

2.0 out of 5 stars Really poor screen, and broke, 24 Feb. 2012
Bought for my 5 year old daughter who loves playing on my ipad.

Not a great purchase as I had to return it as the sound did not work at all.

I will buy a replacement but not another one of these. They are cheap so you cannot expect too much but the screen is tiny and makes some of the games very limited. I think I will spend a bit more and try to get something with a better screen

Battle: Los Angeles [DVD] [2011]
Battle: Los Angeles [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Aaron Eckhart
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy cheeseburger with extra cheese, 13 Feb. 2012
Just forced myself to watch this to the end. Unintentionally hilarious with no cliched rock unturned.

Tortured commanding officer - check
Troops they want you to connect with 30 seconds before they die - check
Holding of hands as heroes pass away - check
Lots of whooping and yeahing and "let's kick some alien ass" - check
Fantastically superior enemy that lets the humans walk into their important base, and stop attacking when some plot line needs to be explained - check
Platoon of soldiers having a PC mix of both sexes and all races - check

If you found Independence Day a little too intellectual you will love this.
To add balance, it does have some good effects during the fight scenes.

Summary - dire cliched Hollywwod fluff
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2012 10:23 AM GMT

Mirrorwriting
Mirrorwriting

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly gorgeous, 5 May 2011
This review is from: Mirrorwriting (Audio CD)
Wow! I make a conscious effort to ignore music labels and media-invented genres so I couldn't care less if this dubstep or two-step - it is great. Imagine the (also excellent) XX with the goth miserablism replaced with a lovely soul voice. Chunky bass, occasional strings, simple sparse tunes with great rhythm and hooks. Infectious and fantastic.

Papillon
Papillon

3.0 out of 5 stars Good singles, rest so-so, 11 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Papillon (MP3 Download)
Amazon sent me one of those automated emails asking me for a review, I hesitated as I only downloaded 2 mp3 tracks but I guess that is a review in itself! I listened to this album 3 or 4 times, and have and like both their previous albums, so this is not an uneducated viewpoint. For me the single Papillon and other track with airplay Eat Raw Meat are great standout tracks and the rest rather left me cold, or at least were not as good as the contents of the first 2 albums.

1.5m Angled Gold Plated HDMI Cable with 90 Degree Plug by Cable Mountain
1.5m Angled Gold Plated HDMI Cable with 90 Degree Plug by Cable Mountain
Offered by Cable Mountain

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cable but check your TV first, 27 Nov. 2009
Its a cable, it works, seems to be reasonably made and is good value. I knocked off 1 star as the design of the angled end is not great. It would be better if the gold element of the connector was mounted more proud (ie so it stuck out more) rather than the plastic mount being totally flush with the TV. On my TV there was another socket below the HDMI input I wanted to use, and just the plastic lip of the other socket was enough to foul this cable. It works but I had to tape the HDMI to the TV to stop it falling out.

Page: 1 | 2