Profile for Mr. R. Smithers > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Smithers

Mr. R. Smithers "Russell Smithers" (Nantwich, Cheshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
PowerGen 12000mAh External Battery Pack High Capacity Power Bank Backup Charger Triple USB 3Amps output for Apple iPhone 5S 5 5c 4S 4 3Gs, iPod Touch, iPad Air, 5, 4, 3, 2, Mini (Apple lightning adapters Not included) / Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 S2, Note 2, Note 3 / HTC One X / Google Nexus 4,5,7,10; Nokia Lumia 920 1020; Motorola Moto G; Blackberry Z10; Sony Xperia Z [Designed for Apple and Android Devices]
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD
Price: 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 17 Jan 2014
Im glad I went for the higher capacity option of 120..etc. It works well, feels solid goes the job and is designed well. I like the added torch feature, practical and nice touch! It's been to poland, germany and various places i nthe UK. I can depend on it and it's really nice to have the confidence to have spare power thats so portable. I found it a must with the Galaxy S2, but still find it useful with Galaxy S4. I also use it with other USB devices when im teaching yoga and for other things.

SuperTooth Buddy Handsfree Bluetooth Visor Speakerphone Car Kit for Smartphone Devices - Black
Offered by HG Amazing Deals
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, does the job brilliantly, 17 Jan 2014
Im not going to write much what with all the other reviews. I love this it works the way it should and looks good. Holds its charge well and audio quality great. I have used Galaxy S2 with it, but recently upgraded to S4 and both phones work very well with it.

KooPower Waterproof case cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 Shockproof Dustproof Snowproof outdoor
Offered by Golden Battery
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and value for money, 17 Jan 2014
This case is excellent, its water proof I proved it with tissue paper inside case before submerging, wasn't going to put phone in that situation until had proved it works. I haven't had chance to use it in rough coniditions yet, but it gives me confidence and im excited to use it in rainy/windy outdoors. I know it will protect the phone. It's really cools being able to use phone underwater :-)

SILICONE EGG RING MOULDS PACK OF 2
SILICONE EGG RING MOULDS PACK OF 2
Offered by Top Value Prices
Price: 1.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Second order, good enough first time!, 17 Jan 2014
I have ordered a second set, not yet arrived as the first set work really well. Easy to clean. You can't damage them like a metal pair I have. Metal bends out of shape and the metal ones I got form a shop have black paint thats comming off. So long as you dont cut them accidently these should be fine and robust.

Logitech Wireless Touchpad
Logitech Wireless Touchpad
Offered by E W Link Co Ltd.
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars brillant and fab value for money, 17 Jan 2014
I can't say much, this product does exactly what it says on the tin. very usable and looks nice enough. It's a brilliant price compared to other products that cost alot more, although I haven't tried those products which probably have more features (I hope).

i-Blason Prime Series Dual Layer Holster Case Kick Stand Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV S IV i9500 with Locking Belt Swivel Clip Manufactured by i-Blason (Blue, Samsung Galaxy S4)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case - slighly fiddly to fit but not too bad at all, 17 Jan 2014
Im not going to mark this product down to 4 stars just because it's fiddly to fit case. I nearly sent this back, got as far as priting return paperwork. 4th time I tried to fit the case before sending it back and managed to get it to fit fully. The trick is to seperate the black back part (bit with stand) from the rubbery case. Fit the rubbery case as snuggly as possible, then fit the hard back place and where it's not fitting smooth push and maintain pressure from the back up round over the troublesome fitting point.

The case feels very good quality and its brilliant case feels rugged and secure. Glad I got the case.. I suggest to the seller to include a slip of paper with some guidance for fitting.

Edit: I just received an email from the manufacturer. They appreciated my feedback about fiddly nature and have passed it on to their design team. They said they like any feedback good or bad and like to improve where needed. So I would be very happy with buying anything from this company now, not just this case :-) Happy days.

Edit: 26th January - Okay ive had this case a little while, and when I do swap the case to one of the others I got, I don't feel as confident. Normally I switch back to this case. I really do like it. It feels so secure, the design is nice with the blue looking very very excellent in natural daylight. I think im addicted to this case now. It feels solid and good in the hand and the stand is very useful. Not sure I would feel confident with a case simpler or less protective than this one now. The company have an excellent design. It's growing on me alot. I was slighly hesitant before I bought it due to design etc, but I shouldn't have worried.

The stand works very well, and feels like it will last. although I said it's fiddly to fit, that should not put you off at all, it's just you need to put soft part on first, then the hard part and finally just smooth and fiddle the last bits into place, but thats expected for a snug secure and solid fit. So this is a very good sign and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Access to the buttons is great, on some cases you have to push really hard and almost hurt fingers. On this case it's a very light touch to use the buttons through the soft casing. All holes for various sensors and holes etc line up perfectly and have just the right amount of space. It feels very nice in my hands :-)

Brilliant case, im so glad I bought it even though I was apprehensive, especially with opnly one customer review available at time of purchase. The company are brilliant with the feedback I gave about including some guidance on how to fit. Especially for those who have never had a two part case before, like me!

Black Waterproof Camera case For Digital SLR & 1-2 Lenses for Canon Eos 1200D,1100D,700D,650D,600D,550D,100D,70D,60D,50D,5D,6D,7D,1Ds,SX50,Nikon D800,D610,D3100,D3200,D3300,D5200,D5100,D7000,D7100,Fuji HS30 HS50 S4500 S4800,Olympus E30 E3 E5 E1,Panasonic FZ62 FZ72 FZ200,GH3,GH6,Pentax K5,K30,K50,K500,Sony A58,A65,A77,A99 DSLR Cameras & Lens,filters, batteris, cards
Offered by BV-electronics
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but ..., 16 Aug 2013
The case in itself is okay, but it revolves around the strap anchor points meaning it very easily rotates upside down. My girlfriend was trying to always keep it zipped or clipped closed (or both), but the other day the 75-300mm lense fell out as a result of the rotating upside down. Fortuantly it fell onto soft ground and "seems" okay, not sure 100%, but seems to auto focus okay. As a result I will be buying another case for her, possibly using this to store my old EOS 10QD film camera.

MH-C801D Eight Cell 1-Hr Charger with 8 Independent Charging Circuits
MH-C801D Eight Cell 1-Hr Charger with 8 Independent Charging Circuits
Offered by Nevada
Price: 59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, does what it says on the tin, 24 July 2013
It's nice to know that each battery is charged as needed, ive used it a fair amount. Not sure what I can say other than it works. The quality and construction seem solid.

Maxsima - Tripod Mount Collar Ring for Canon C (WII), EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
Offered by Cameramarket UK
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and nicely engineered, 24 July 2013
I have yet to receive the lens this is for yet, due to be delivered end of week/next. However it does look solid, well built and like it will last forever! lol Should I get time I will do a fuller review when I have had chance to use it.

Lowepro Stealth D100 AW Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR and 1-2 Lenses - Black
Lowepro Stealth D100 AW Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR and 1-2 Lenses - Black
Offered by RC Electronics
Price: 52.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reliable bag with lots ro offer, 23 July 2013
I chose to rate this item because it is worth my time to review. It was difficult to judge if the size was what I needed. The other reviews helped with this respect, It fits in my backpack, not overlay large or overlaly small backpack. The top zip bewildered me for a bit as in to why, but it actually proves its worth in some situations. Fortuantly I haven't needed to use the built in rain cover, so can't comment on that. The bag has been to Poland and back.

At present I store the EOS 6D body with 24-105 USM L series lense. Along with the EX430II Speedlight flash the the canon bracket/coiled lead for off camera shooting.

The bag comes with card holders and stuff. I am able to also fit keys, wallette and some batteries, spare camera battery, two sets of AAs for flash (8 x AAs) and a few other bits.

So it's a good bag, quality is excellent, and all those pockets and details that have been thoguht about makes it best bag ever I think. Obviously compare like with like, if it's not big enough it won't be for you. But it is a good bag for the size. I would buy another one if I needed too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3