Profile for Bankia > Reviews

Content by Bankia

Bankia "niko@chello.no" (oslo, oslo Norway)

Page: 1 | 2
Frequency Unknown
Frequency Unknown

3.0 out of 5 stars Come on!!, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Frequency Unknown (Audio CD)
What is all this hate against Geoff!!

How can anyone give this album 1 star ? Have you even heard the whole record. First of all I think it was good that they parted. They should have done that long ago after Chris left. They been quite unispired all of them so it seams now they are kind of inspired again. It is like Geoff is the reason why Queensryche have sounded so boring for long time now, but it is for sure all the members fault. I felt that after Chris left they should at least have found a realy good guitarist songwriter to replace Chris but they never did. They found some old friend of the band that to me where not up to the level of chris at all. This album might not sound much like Queensryche, but at the same time most artists try to not copy themself and try to do new interesting stuff. I would for sure like this album to be little more interesting. It is true it is little boring and at least Queensryche used to be a prog rock band and Geoff's Queensryche does not realy do anything prog. rock anymore. You can also hear that it is done in a hurry, since the mixing is quite strange at times. His voice is still great though. The 4 old songs that they recorded again is to me not nice versions at all. I still like some of the new songs. It is a mixed feeling. Maybe the Queensryche record from the former members are better, but not by much.

Infinity Land
Infinity Land

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive album, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Infinity Land (Audio CD)
I only have 3 albums by Biffy. From what I heard this is by far the best one. Very progressive interesting sound. I have the last biffy album "Blackened sky" and this album is way better. It is like they went from great to almost boring.

Opposites [2CD+DVD]
Opposites [2CD+DVD]
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars A little boring compared to older stuff, but very cachy, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Opposites [2CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
Normaly when a band do a double album I expect it to be very special. Just like The Wall or Electric Ladyland.. I tought they went back to some of the clever stuff they used to do, maybe with some classical instruments etc. The funny thing is that on both albums you will mosty find 3 mins. hit songs that are real catchy. I don't know or any band that could fill 2 CDs with this many potential hit songs. Even if the album does not bring anything new to the band I must say it is impressive what they have accompliced. Well done Biffy.

Monster Philosophy
Monster Philosophy

5.0 out of 5 stars This Band is better than ever., 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Monster Philosophy (Audio CD)
I know it been quite some time since D-A-D where in the charts, but they seam to only get better and better. One of the best bands ever i my opinion. In the old days D-A-D did not deliver complete albums. It was like 3 - 4 very good songs and the rest where kind of left overs that I never bothered to listen to. That have changed. Not a single boring song on this album. What a original sound they got with intelligent beautifull harmonies. I just love the Cowboy thing they always did mixed with rock, metal.

Infestation
Infestation

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, but great anyway., 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Infestation (Audio CD)
Not that these guys have changed anything. I wounder how they can sound exactly as they did 20 years ago. That I must say is an achivement in itself. Must be that the got the recipy for Ratt'n'roll ;) I was kind of hopeing for something little more interesting since the guys are older and lot's happened in the music sceene since Ratt where on top. On the other hand I'm kind of glad. Noone does this kind of music anymore. The songs are as strong as ever.

You Had It Coming
You Had It Coming

5.0 out of 5 stars Finaly something interesting, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: You Had It Coming (Audio CD)
It is not easy to find new inspiring music when you feel you heard most. If you are in same situation as me, just get this one. I heard the album 4 times in a row, can not remember last time I did that. This is just music made in heaven. There are many good guitar players, but not many make good songs. This guy is my new Guitar hero together with Jimi Hendrix and George Lynch.

Smoke And Mirrors
Smoke And Mirrors

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a supprise, 6 Dec 2009
This review is from: Smoke And Mirrors (Audio CD)
I missed Oni Logan a lot, since he is one of my fav.. vocalist. First Lynch Mob album is one of my favorite albums.
This album is even stronger when it comes to songwriting.
The title track smoke and mirrors, is one of the best songs I heard in a log time.
It reminds me of good old whitesnake, when they had the blues feeling.
Oni Logan sounds fantastic, so does George. The bassplayer is also nice. The drummer is a little boring to me, does the job, nothing more.
This was unexpected. Don't listen to the first reviewer. This album is a big supprise, and you will love it.

I can't get the song "smoke and mirrors" out of my head :D

Karma
Karma

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I hoped for, 2 Nov 2009
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
Winger always been one of my favorite bands.
This one is their weakers by far.
The songs are ok, but nothing more. Pretty boring to be Winger.
Little funny after seeing the interview with Winger on The CD.
He say he is trying to not be boring when he write songs, and that is exactly what this album is.
Winger and Reb used 1 month to do the songs for the album. That I can hear.
Use little more time next time please. Mabye Rebs time with Whitesnake is
taking his focus of Winger.

This is just not good enough. If Winger will release another album, I will for sure
listen to it before buying.

Last album was so good and promising. To me I was hoping for a album in that direction. Mabye even
more progressive.

At least the guys playing know what they are doing, so mabye worth hearing, and make up your own mind.

The Incident
The Incident

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure beauty, 4 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Incident (Audio CD)
Being a fan of this band for awhile now, I must say this album is at least as good as any other of their albums.

To me they just produce some of the most beautifull music ever done. When music is this good I can not put any real critic. I'm just so glad there still are bands doing progressive rock, and at this level, it's unbelivable good.

On top of this you get 2 CDs. Man they are productive. At the same time, the price of the album is real low.

To me they are the best to happen to rock last 10 years.

Keep on doing your stuff Porcupine. See you soon in concert in Norway.

If you care about music, just buy this album, and play it a lot. It will grow on you like Mozart or any other great composer.

Ever Changing Times
Ever Changing Times

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 2 Sep 2009
This review is from: Ever Changing Times (Audio CD)
I been TOTO fan since 1982. I love that band, but it was about time Steve left. What TOTO have done last years is not that good.
This album is as good as old TOTO stuff. Steve sings and plays guitar like never before. All songs are strong, but song nr 2 is my fav..

The way to go Steve. Keep on rocking, you are the best!!

Page: 1 | 2